It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take this Poll: Should we go to war to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear capabilities?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The question seems loaded and leading.

Who is America to say who can and cant do this and that?

And I dont think it would be in America's best interest's to take on Iran. Or Syria for that matter. We wont all just remain silent in relation to the terror and desruction that you continue to rain down.

How is it that you arent asking if America should form its own mlitia and an NTC is the real question. Have you not seen what you did to Iraq?????? You should look harder if you havent. I cant understand why so many are blind to your countries atrocities. Why? Why? Why? Its infuriating.

Have you not looked? Not seen? Are you blind? I dont understand at all.

I remember seeing the news not long after 911 and seeing that they were bombing civillians. I was shocked. It was like it was no big deal and there it was on the news plain for us all to see. Bombing non-combatants. Innocent people. Women and children. And they said they had to target Government buildings to try hit Saddam like that made it ok. And there was no outrage from the public in the West. Are people so lacking in empathy that we can sit back and allow our governments to commit mass collateral murder? Really Really?? What the [SNIP] is wrong with you people. Its like nothing to you all. And since that day the West never looked back. Its just gotten more and more openly demonic. I can hardly stand to live amongst you people. What the hell is wrong with you all?

America needs to go home and leave the world alone. For its own sake if not for the rest of the world. Its allies need to stop supporting the US.

And if anyone wants to flame me please come at me with something mre inspired than "well maybe we should just stop helping you ingrates" You are not helping anything. Your IMF,your NATO,your UN your Foriegn Aid are all tools of your Imperialism and do harm not good. Please god vote for a leader that will leave the world alone.

PostScript,yes they are all tools of America. That is why you put in the most funding. They work for you. And by you I dont mean you but I mean your elites.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Doing some reading on the Iran Iraq war years ago and it seems Iran has had nuclear reactors for a very long time. There was even a mission carried out by the Iraqi AF against one of these targets during the Iran/Iraq war. The more i look at the situation the more i believe its a load of bull-crap. Maybe im wrong, their leader has said on more than one occasion about wiping Israel off the map but at the same time but that was also coming from the MSM. I think their was a secret deal made for what else "OIL" and Iran maybe backed out of the deal or maybe decided to go with China or Russia.

And just saying maybe if Israel didnt treat the Palestinians like garbage they wouldn`t be hated so much by so many counrties in the ME. I have a hard time believing that its the mainstream muslim belief to "wipe Israel off the map" The way it was told to me by some Iraqi`s here was that they only want Israel to own up to what its done, just like the US govn. need to own up to what its done/doing.
edit on 13-4-2012 by StratosFear because: clarification

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I agree, just remember its the US government and not all the people. Alot of the people may agree with them but please know that a good majority of the US people are idiots. They could care less of to what goes on in the world as long as they can see whos winning american idol or the price of gasoline or who is going to win the superbowl.

Its part of the veil thats been pulled down by the Rockefellers, the Morgans, and fellow anal swabs of the like. Plus all those bass-turds inthe UN. To keep the masses entertained and distracted to allow these atrocites to continue and to allow the money to keep flowing in.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

I come from Australia. Im sure that we are worse. And our government supports America. People in Australia seem less interested in politics Les concerned about others if thats possible.(in general). I hate it. We all have a responsibilty and an obligation to pay attention and keep our leaders in check. I know people are busy and its hard. And most seem stupid. But thats not good enough anymore.

Austerity looms. Isthat not enough to demand more from our leaders? If we dont care about others do we care about ourselves?

And I like America and its people. I want them to take back their governments and to stay on top and go back to the less demonic country that I grew up with. But Ive almost lost hope. Four more years of that duopoly regime? That will be the nail in all our coffins.

My beef is with the American Government though more than Americans. But since the rest of us can do little about your duopoly regime I think American's need to recognise that they have the burden that goes with living in the country that controls the Reserve Currency. and they need to keep their leaders in check. The rest of us have no power to do it. Americans do.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Why should you? Have Afghanistan and Iraq become too boring?

Maybe you should stop attacking countries on the other side of the world and save some money.
It also would save some lives.

Couldn't agree more. The U.S. has been sticking it's nose in the Middle East for about 70 years (I think), and we've only made a really bad situation worse. Instead of eradicating ignorance over there we've been slowly losing our own rights and freedoms. Enough is enough, and I want nothing more to do with that region of the world. My guess is that the majority of Americans feel the same way, but try telling that to our government.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
If we worshiped GOD, we would be respecting the earth, and all the things in it, because this is what GOD gave to us to sustain us, and this is within the laws of GOD.

Atheist here, but if respecting a god means respecting ALL that he created (EVERY living thing and every square inch of the universe), then I how could anyone take issue with that?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
No we shouldn't...

Why should we (US/UK) be allowed them and then try and stop others from having the same technology.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
The question seems loaded and leading.

Who is America to say who can and cant do this and that?

And I dont think it would be in America's best interest's to take on Iran. Or Syria for that matter. We wont all just remain silent in relation to the terror and desruction that you continue to rain down.

How is it that you arent asking if America should form its own paramilitary mlitia and an NTC is the real question. Have you not seen what you did to Iraq?????? You should look harder if you havent. I cant understand why so many are blind to your countries atrocities. Why? Why? Why? Its infuriating.

Have you not looked? Not seen? Are you blind? I dont understand at all.

I remember seeing the news not long after 911 and seeing that they were bombing civillians. I was shocked. It was like it was no big deal and there it was on the news plain for us all to see. Bombing non-combatants. Innocent people. Women and children. And they said they had to target Government buildings to try hit Saddam like that made it ok. And there was no outrage from the public in the West. Are people so lacking in empathy that we can sit back and allow our governments to commit mass collateral murder? Really Really?? What the [SNIP] is wrong with you people. Its like nothing to you all. And since that day the West never looked back. Its just gotten more and more openly demonic. I can hardly stand to live amongst you people. What the hell is wrong with you all?

America needs to go home and leave the world alone. For its own sake if not for the rest of the world. Its allies need to stop supporting the US.

And if anyone wants to flame me please come at me with something mre inspired than "well maybe we should just stop helping you ingrates" You are not helping anything. Your IMF,your NATO,your UN your Foriegn Aid are all tools of your Imperialism and do harm not good. Please god vote for a leader that will leave the world alone.

PostScript,yes they are all tools of America. That is why you put in the most funding. They work for you. And by you I dont mean you but I mean your elites.

Well said, Germanicus. Unfortunately, no one is running for office in the U.S. that favors isolationism. Also, the American people feel just as powerless to change our goverment as any other nation of people. Sure, we can vote people in, but the machine remains the same. In every country the average citizen is only interested in supporting himself and his family. Yet, every government throughout history has lusted for (and attained) more and more power, until they are completely cut off from the needs and wants of its people.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No

No more war
No more bloodshed
No more hatred
No more violence
No more violating our Mother Earth and the other inhabitants we share this planet with

It's time for humanity to GTFU.

If we as a collective group do not grow up and fast we risk destroying our planet, the inhabitants left and even ourselves.

We are being played off against each other.

By who is what we should be asking.

The "devil", the "fallen ones", "other dimensional entities", "ets", "the elite', "the Illuminati"????

We keep allowing ourselves to be distracted, dumbed down and divided.

We need to become focused, smart and united.

Not every single "human" you see is now "human". Our shells, our bodies are like cars, and some of our "cars" have been hijacked. Not everyone is driving their own car. Many bodies (shells, cars) are possessed.

By demons, other dimensional entities, ets ???

If you don't believe me look into the eyes of those on the news that have committed horrendous crimes against humanity, some are or were world leaders..............their eyes, the windows to the soul, are dead, there is no light within, only a immense darkness.

Warfare of the future will not be fought crudely by overt means - it will be a quiet, covert, assimilation.

War is never the answer.

War is terrorism on a bigger budget.

War is mass murder period.

Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. - Hermann Goering

In two weeks the sheep like masses of any country can be worked up by the newspapers into such a state of excited fury that men are prepared to put on uniforms and kill and be killed, for the sake of the sordid ends of a few interested parties. Compulsory military service seems to me the most disgraceful symptom of that deficiency in personal dignity from which civilized mankind is suffering today. (Albert Einstein, 1934)

If unrestricted sacred egoism leads to dire consequences in economic life, it is still worse as a guide in international relations. The development of mechanical methods of warfare is such that human life will become intolerable if people do not discover before long a way of preventing war. The importance of this object is only equalled by the inadequacy of the attempts hitherto made to attain it. (Albert Einstein, 1930, Address To The Students' Disarmament Meeting)

If humanity does not learn the art of compromising and peaceful co-existence, we run a real risk of massive annihilation.

Humanity keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again, when are we going to learn that fighting each other is not the answer?
edit on 13-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

How about global tv coverage of "paper, scissors, stone" to cover all international disagreements? And in order to satisfy the bloodlust that some seem to have, we could have a public execution of the one who has destroyed their nations dreams by displaying scissors at the wrong time?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Cute, sarcastic and witty remarks will get us all no where.

Again, humanity must grow up and time is running out.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hey,yeah I agree pretty much. It seems hopeless. I honestly think a form of militia should be the next 'movement'. OWS are pathetic. I have been looking around and I think the Wide Awake Republicans are a good bluebrint. They commanded respect. And they were scary.

If the Black Panthers can get away with dressing the way they do I cant see why we in the West cant form chapters of a malitia. Create our own Army. With a uniform,a standard and mission statement. We dont need to carry weapons when we march but it must be a march. An orderly organised march. We must intimidate. Let them know we are commited. There's gotta be something we can do to remove the duopoly. There is Americanselect and I have some small hope in that for your election but Im not filled with confidence thats for sure.

And sory about getting a little carried away there het

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Who said i was being sarcastic?

Ok, it was slightly tongue in cheek but those in power always lust for more - just look at history.

Therefore, if we wish to avoid large scale blood letting through conflict, we need to look for alternative ways to settle differences.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Agreed.

We need to have leaders that are not greedy for power but men/women of good hearts.

We need to come up with a better system of governance and a more equal sharing of resources.

We need to think outside the box and begin new ways of operating because the way we are currently running our planet sucks big time.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The problem is that why all of that is true, history shows us that a lust for power is a key part of human nature. Although i would possibly condition that by saying that it isn't power per say that is lusted after, it is additional power, ie, once someone gets to a certain level, they then crave more.

To me, this means there will be always those wanting bloodletting in one form or another. A truly evolved society would encompass everyone, so a place would have to found for people with such cravings, as much as many of us would not appreciate that.

And to the OP, sorry for going off topic. Give Iran nuke technology for me. Give everyone that technology if they think it will benefit them.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It really does

This is why I do not understand why some take issues, I think it is only they see religion with very narrow eyes and did not take the time to examine all its teachings. Don't worry many adherents do not either.

But we do have to respect every living thing, and its role on this planet, and stop fighting one another and look to our common good. We are all brothers in humanity, and we should start acting like it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

There is only one country thus far that has used weapons of mass destruction, twice.

America.

In order for a civilization, or species such as man to continue - we must have a almost equal growth in technology as well as our spiritual development.

This, so far, has not occurred.

Rather, our technological development has far surpassed our spiritual development and there in lies the danger.

------------------------------------------------------------- Technological development

---- spiritual development.

We still have people with belief systems that are very primitive.

We still allow 27,000 fellow human beings to die each and every day of starvation and lack of clean water and inadequate shelter.

Yet we do not balk at some having so much they couldn't possibly use what they have hoarded in 1,000 lifetimes.............and most people will respond to this illogical way of living as a-okay.

Sharing is not a part of human nature.

Warring is.

What we have spent on war should have been spent on social services.

With what we have spent on warfare could have fed, clothe and sheltered every single man, woman and child.

No, no more war, no more bloodshed, no more violence.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I think every bomb should be sent to the sun.

No nukes.

None.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD
Should the rest of the world be sanctioned and probed for their nuclear arms? I think so how about you ?

I've said many times that even nuclear energy should be banned until a way is found to make the spent fuel rods compatible with the earth. No one should have nuclear anything, but do we go to war over it? No.

Nuclear energy is the way forward. Hippies might not think so...

You have to think in terms of 7+ billion people on planet Earth. How are you going to get power to them?

NO! You have to think in terms of the PLANET. Six billion people could drop dead tomorrow and the species and the planet would be just fine. Kill the planet and EVERYTHING dies.

EARTH

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why not just bomb them into oblivion? You know you want to....

Amerika is the only nation that should be allowed to have nuclear anything, because they're the world police. So I say yes, start another war. You know you want to.... Afterall, you're #1!

lolzzzz... War, war, war. Is this the best you can do? Let's start a war to prevent a war. Great thinking, #1.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join