It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Boom heard in Central Ohio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
if you have ever watched the space shuttle launch before it was retired. very loud and very long with what sounded like stages of whatever it was firing off.

I wonder if there are any NASA contractors in that area or any private industry players in the space game. One of them could have been testing either SRB's (Solid Rocket Boosters) or a rocket engine. Just a shot in the dark.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

I wonder if there are any NASA contractors in that area or any private industry players in the space game. One of them could have been testing either SRB's (Solid Rocket Boosters) or a rocket engine. Just a shot in the dark.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any of those facilities around here. NASA has some facilities up along Lake Erie and there's a GE Aviation test facility in southern Ohio, but the sounds weren't heard in those areas.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
A similar noise was apparently heard in San Diego, CA around 9:00 AM this morning. The military denied it was any of their planes and earthquakes have been ruled out.

Source - San Diego Sonic Boom
edit on 4/13/2012 by SSPI07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
i am really curious to what i heard. as is my friend, and the fact no one has been able to explain this away is really weird to me. back in 70s and 80s they still had airshows at rickenbacker and they used to fly over my house. i also used to stay in a house right next to the base, fence was across the road, from wright patterson. never heard anything like this. whatever went overhead had some serious altitude. it was about as clear as it gets here in ohio, and there was absolutely nothing to see in the sky. but sound was very clearly overhead. thought for sure i would get someone on the net with knowledge of some new jets. but so far nothing, and now in san diego? i wish i had my phone so i could have recorded the sky and blew up and analysed the footage. another thing i dont think i mentioned. there was no contrails or exhaust. the sky as far as the naked eye could see was clear. if others saw military style planes around but not making this noise. why where they there? usually once in the summer transport helicopters flyover in formation. but havent saw a fighter jet overhead around here since 2001. is there anyway to tell if port columbus knows or saw anything on radar then? it is only a mile or so away. jets take off from there all the time and go overhead. but never in 40+ years has anything like this gone over.

edit: i just read the san diego report and i totally agree with the professor. this sounded very much atmospheric, no doubt about it.
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: add

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I thought at first that it might be something from Bolton Field airport,maybe half a mile down the road. But they generally have small private aircraft there.Sometimes I see a FEDEX jet there, but never heard a sound like that. My girlfriends friend posted on facecrack that she had heard it in Delaware Ohio,probably 45 minutes away.Is there still no report of what it was/may have been?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i really hate to be a broken record. This is infrasonic sound waves being projected by an unknown technology. It somehow works on certain brainwaves and not others or so it seems, as some people in the same areas hear nothing at all but others do. How do I know this you ask, ive experienced this for 2 years now and have made contact with beings that have technology we do not deserve, nor do they.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSPI07
A similar noise was apparently heard in San Diego, CA around 9:00 AM this morning. The military denied it was any of their planes and earthquakes have been ruled out.

This has also been reported in The Costa Del Sol Spain. The incident with the sonic boom and "Gold UFO" are similar to what happened in The UK on Thursday last week. Details of Spanish incident here:-

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There have been alot of strange noises lately wothout any explanation. I think the source is underground. Anoyone heard of underground magnetic trains?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

he

There are indications that North Korea is about to perform another nuclear test. It could be the SR-71 successor. It's clearly a large sonic boom and no observable craft.

Such a craft is not necessarily operated by the military. In these instances, government officials rarely lie, but they frequently fail to discuss openly. It could well likely be the case that it was not a military craft run out of MCAS Mirimar as the offiical said.

The original version of SR-71 was called A-12 and it was operated by CIA, nowadays it could be CIA or NRO who runs the equivalent program.
edit on 15-4-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
reply to post by SSPI07

yes, thank you for that update. i know from personal experience it was no military jet. the sound was something i have only heard from nasa. but then again i have never seen an icbm launch either sooo... or whatever they call the nuclear missiles now. if you closed your eyes you would have thought you where a good safe distance away from the shuttle launching. is there a chance that the new unmanned space shuttle was sent into orbit? dont know what this vehicle sounds like. wright patterson is near dayton/springfield, about 1.5 hours away doing 70 m.p.h. and didnt seem to be coming from that direction. but it was not just a boom and over. i cannot stress enough that what was the weirdest thing besides how loud, is just how long it lasted. long enough for people to step outside, look for it for a minute and try to discuss it for another minute all while the sound was still going. and when i say discuss, it wasnt with an inside voice. me and my friend checked the clock and at 6 exactly the sound stopped, and seemed to start at 5:55 p.m. est.
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

This sounds like a distinct sound from the sonic boom which would be like a "crack" and an earthquake (I've felt it a few times in Southern California).

My guess is that the above sound is fracking compressors. They come in large gangs mounted on 18 wheeler trucks and would run for minutes.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't think the answer to Ohio's 'sonic boom' is a fracking compressor due to the fact that the noise was heard over a 50-60 mile stretch.

One of the people commenting on the news article (I don't remember if it was on the news website or on their Facebook page) said he looked into records and saw an F-16 was in the air at the time, going from Rickenbacker (LCK) to the Marion (MNN) airport. I'm not sure where he retrieved this information, maybe someone here with the knowledge of how to look this up could confirm it. But if that is the case, I wonder why the Air National Guard denied the plane was theirs.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The local news just aired an update on the sonic boom. Apparently they called the Air Force, Air National Guard, and the FAA and none of them took responsibility for the sound. They also said there wasn't any unusual seismic activity. The mystery deepens.

Source
edit on 4/13/2012 by SSPI07 because: Added sentence

Just out of interest, can private jets break the sound barrier? I have no idea, hence the question.....

My thinking being, if nothing sinister (earth related) or military, possibly a rich guy getting his pilot to get somewhere quickly?

No idea how it works with air fines, but i would presume the Uber rich treat these rules the same all others - don't worry and pay the fines so they can do what they want!
edit on 16-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I don't think there are any private jets capable of breaking the sound barrier, unless it is a privately owned former military jet. I took a quick glance at Google and there are several private jets that can get close, but none that could get to mach one. I'm pretty sure the Concord was the only supersonic jet for commercial use.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join