It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the humans, Hate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hate is the feeling that arises in my brain when I spend the precious 20 seconds of my life reading anal brain farts expelled by ignorant minds...

Assuming hate is of some beneficial use and is an emotion or a basic driving neurological function common to everyone, what purpose does hate serve? What is hate called when used to do good?
Of the things that get you boiling, what do they have in common?
What is the most common response of someone recieving hate from another? What is the least common response?

I hold this to be true, that when people truly understand each other they can't hate each other.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
lol now this is just silly

Good stuff,

S&F

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hate is anger all scrunched up. And anger is really sorrow all scrunched up. So hate is sorrow-cubed.

That said, I'm sick of people using the word hate as a weapon to denegrate others, and I especially loathe the term "hate crime." Hate is an emotion, not a crime.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Why is this under religion, faith, and theology? Could it be a jab at another post?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'd say so.The Christians were whining about how they were being victimized by so many people disagreeing with them and about how it's hateful to criticize God or Christians in absolutely any way shape or form.

Apparently God is so special that he can't be disagreed with or criticized in anyway shape or form, same with the Christians because worshiping God makes them special, and somehow that specialness means that they can't be disagreed or criticized in any way shape or form.

Because they are just so special. And of course being so special they think they're better than anybody else.

And any disagreement or criticism of that is hate and oppression.

edit on 12-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

And so mockery is an appropriate response?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yes it is.

Because if you try to explain things to them about how they aren't being oppressed or a disagreement is not hateful, they will never change their minds on the matter and nothing will ever get accomplished.

So you might as well.

Not to mention the fact they're in their little circles mocking and ridiculing people who aren't Christian as well.

edit on 12-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You're so right,

I was JUST sitting here amongst my cult followers,

telling them all about what a doofus EvilSadamclone is, and how he is so wrong and we are so right!

Muahahahhahahahaha *rubs hands together evily and gives evil eye*

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I am Christian and sometimes I literally cringe at some of the posts by fellow Christians. You are correct in saying that disagreement is not hate. I enjoy the lively debate around here, but I just think threads like this are only feeding the beast. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm sick of people - any people - feeling that they have a "right not to be offended."

You don't. Christian, athiest, black, white, Jewish, Islamic, whatever - suck it up and deal. If somebody is being mean-spirited, simply walk away. If they physically attack you, self defence gives you the right to fight back. Otherwise, help yourself a nice big steaming mug of shut-the-frell-up.

Humanity has turned into a race of 6 billion whining crybabies. Makes me sick.

Remember "sticks and stones?" Guess that was a rhyme for a nobler time.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
On a different note= how bout them Rangers!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

thats a lot o' specialness
I could'nt resist

edit on 12-4-2012 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Since one of he posters above kept using the term "special" in speaking about God and his people I started to make a comment about short buses but thought better of it as it would really be in bad taste.

If someone posts something about any subject here no one should get upset or have their "feelings" hurt simply because someone else has a difference of opinion. Being different is what this world is all about. If we were all the same we would just be robots.

I love the lively debates on ATS and I even get a sinister little joy when someone gets so upset that they can't type straight.
It's ok for people to get upset as long as they remember to remain courteous.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've always seen it like this:

If I run around insisting that the sky is green and the grass is blue, are you really going to be ready to burst a blood vessel while attempting to prove me wrong, or are you going to kind of pity me? My contention of the sky being green and the grass blue is so obviously misunderstood, you'd surely assume I suffer from a mental deficit, no?

Becoming angry at someone who identifies inconsistencies and fallacies in my belief system simply proves I haven't much faith in my system of beliefs, and realize that, on some level, there are an awful lot of holes in a system of belief I've based my life on, and THAT is what would cause me to lose focus, control and rationale.

That is the reality which causes this hate. It applies to any argument, big or small, and it reveals our level of confidence.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

You're so right,

I was JUST sitting here amongst my cult followers,

telling them all about what a doofus EvilSadamclone is, and how he is so wrong and we are so right!

Muahahahhahahahaha *rubs hands together evily and gives evil eye*

Iason, careful....
I know (now) your tendence to wax sarcastic....but others may not....(yet).....
perhaps throw in those little clues that you're kidding...
and ....
well. You know. There are people on here who've felt really, really, really hated and bashed for their beliefs. We all need to lighten up...

(remember the rule: sarcasm is a block to communication)
(and the other side of it, which was our 'house rule' when my kids were growing up: sarcasm is just one of the many services we offer)

Seriously, I think a lot of the hard-core believers are quite quick to claim 'victim!' when someone is being less than reverent or failing to accept their pov. That's one of the things humanity must overcome.

edit on 13-4-2012 by wildtimes because: formatting errors

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I apologize, I will try to throw in more smileys and hints of sarcasm when I am using my sarcastic talents,

I had someone in another thread who literally believed me when I said the only book ive EVER read was a bible, lol,

it's nowonder that person cannot comprehend the bible, they take things WAY too literally!

Please folks, read things over a few times and get a sense of what the person is saying, the tone they are saying it in, and what the true meaning of there words are,

don't just glance over things quickly and jump to conclusions!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I apologize, I will try to throw in more smileys and hints of sarcasm when I am using my sarcastic talents,
Awesome...
oh, avoid
and excessive use of
Those are turn-offs, not signals of fun.......unless you've already built a relationship with that person....
and know they are kidding....
is usually the best.....in my opinion....
for what it's worth (what you're paying for it, basically)....

top topics

join