It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches Rocket

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Maybe they could nuke SK or nearby areas (God forbid), but if they can't launch a long range missile, I don't think they could go far.

I have a feeling if NK nuked SK that Russia would step in and say "Nope" and wipe them off the map, with nukes of course.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel_X
So the missile fell apart after launch? That's honestly what I've been expecting this whole time, given as how every single one of their previous long-range missile tests ended the same way. All this hand-wringing that's been going on about this launch has been just as fruitful as every other so-called news story about North Korea in the past decade.

Aside from a handful of state-of-the-art MIGs, tanks and radar equipment loaned from the Chinese, all they have are antiquated Soviet technology passed down to them like clothing the Russians outgrew in the 80's, and what weapons they build from scratch themselves - which apparently seem to be as reliable as Amish electronics. And they're considered a legitimate threat?

Believe it or not, yes. Much of what you just stated about their military is true. However, the fact remains that they have nukes, and have test detonated them. And while they may still have problems with a long range delivery system.

I would say that no one in this day an age would be crazy enough to actually use a nuke........but then as crazy as the world has been for the past few decades......who knows?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

A nuclear test may soon follow, experts say. Large amounts of dirt and ground cover are being moved at one of North Korea's nuclear sites, which experts believe indicates the North Koreans plan to test a nuclear device. Even more alarming is that officials believe that, unlike the first two nuclear tests North Korea conducted with plutonium, this one could be a uranium device, which would indicate a secret uranium production facility.

Well...that's not good....not good at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

A nuclear test may soon follow, experts say. Large amounts of dirt and ground cover are being moved at one of North Korea's nuclear sites, which experts believe indicates the North Koreans plan to test a nuclear device. Even more alarming is that officials believe that, unlike the first two nuclear tests North Korea conducted with plutonium, this one could be a uranium device, which would indicate a secret uranium production facility.

Well...that's not good....not good at all.

Especially not if it "fails"....

You know what I think? I think Ahmedinejad has been too quiet, so they have to beef up the nuke threat from their back up enemy...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

Maybe they could nuke SK or nearby areas (God forbid), but if they can't launch a long range missile, I don't think they could go far.

I have a feeling if NK nuked SK that Russia would step in and say "Nope" and wipe them off the map, with nukes of course.

Make that the USA. We have just over 28,000 military personnel stationed in S. Korea. My dad was stationed there in the late 70's (JUSMAG-K), and we lived on base in Seoul. I was only 10 to 12 during those 3 years, but thought it was pretty cool.

I was there when 2 US solders were killed in 1976 by NK solders who crossed the border to do so. My dad said the S. Koreans were outraged and wanted to retaliate, in force. I was too young to be scared at the time, but I do remember my mom going a little nuts about it, heh.

Ax Murder Incident

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This is a post I made on a similar thread when the news broke about the rocket being launched and failing badly.
What I am trying to say here is look in our own back yards if you want to find worries there is more than enough here to last us all a life time.

I suggest we all look around us here and then pass judgment of how bad things are there in North Korea, and keep in mind how many people here are homeless and out of work, yet we have nuclear missiles coming out of our ying yangs and then some.
Regards, Iwinder

For example this thread here.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-4-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well yes, but either way NK should know if they detonate a nuke outside of their borders, swift annihilation from (insert country name here)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You know what I think? I think Ahmedinejad has been too quiet, so they have to beef up the nuke threat from their back up enemy...

I'm sure they work with each other....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Kim Jong Un:"Our enemies have sabotaged us again!"

Who bets this will be the excuse for the failure?

Makes the little man sound even weaker

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was wondering just how soon after this failed launch
will they proceed with the nuclear test. Anyone with
knowledge know how this will be done?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
so if it crashed in the sea can we assume that what ever was on the rocket in question is allready in western hands? at least some one gets to find out what was on that rocket i bet what ever was in the payload is being scrutinized as we speak

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
so if it crashed in the sea can we assume that what ever was on the rocket in question is allready in western hands? at least some one gets to find out what was on that rocket i bet what ever was in the payload is being scrutinized as we speak

You must not realize just how deep that water is in that area and metal sinks very fast

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
How are we all so certain it was a failure? Can Aegis not reach 120kms up?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

if cameron can dive the Marianas trench we can get a shiny rocket out of the ocean if we can find it...i think usa leads the world in undersea submarine salvage rescue ops(russians call us when their boats get in trouble)perhaps its not allready being looked at but we did have its estimated trajectory and you better believe it was tracked by a whole lot of countries for its entire flight path so im betting we might just get our hands on it

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-4-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

www.abc.net.au... map of where it fell so its in south korean waters
edit on 12-4-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Um, yes I know all that but the poster said

I dont think we have the capabilities to get to splashdown area, find it on sonar and retrieve it, within minutes of it crashing.
Wouldnt you agree?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1lluminatus
O boohoo, NK launched a missile... so what. Some of you create more drama than those soaps on tv do. In fact, I think some of you need to watch those instead of checking ATS.

+1

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by juggalo307
so much for a Friday the 13th launch.

em, it was 13th there, lol

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

yeah time scale definatly way off unless they happined to be floating next to it when it happined fair point indeed

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Ew! There goes fifty percent of their economy, and in a minute too! Wow, great investment, oh well

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeWorld
reply to post by StealthyKat

Ew! There goes fifty percent of their economy, and in a minute too! Wow, great investment, oh well

I think they wanna get bombed in response to provocations.. Less mouths to feed. lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join