It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think life is a lot more common than the current scientific consensus.

Knowing what we now know about how diverse life is, I would think a sterile planet would be rarer than one wth life.

Life will find a way.
edit on 12-4-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Can someone please post a link to this NASA monolith thingy please

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

www.google.ca... 6S_D8WniQL8u6nTAg#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=10eHT-TqIMTSiAL_u93dAg&ved=0CD0QvwUoAQ&q=monolith+on+moon&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp= 1f8516a884ff9169&biw=1680&bih=925

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Life FOUND on MARS

www.msnbc.msn.com

New analysis of 36-year-old data, resuscitated from printouts, shows that NASA found life on Mars, an international team of mathematicians and scientists conclude in a paper published this week.

Further, NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim.
(visit the link for the full news article)

In the Viking probes, the specific instrument to demonstrate organic matter was thought by NASA themselves, not to be sensitive enough. It could not have 'seen' anything in ALH4001 for instance by it's own MO, being many times less sensitive. I guess then that the argument is centered round that area, and bearing in mind that ALH4001 though compelling, has it's own fors and against, by interpretation.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Life FOUND on MARS

www.msnbc.msn.com

New analysis of 36-year-old data, resuscitated from printouts, shows that NASA found life on Mars, an international team of mathematicians and scientists conclude in a paper published this week.

Further, NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim.
(visit the link for the full news article)

The sad truth is that they will probably REDUCE the budget with this. Because the "Further NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim," quote negates the need for a budget if NASA has already found life. No need to fund an expedition.

NASA has lost much of its staff and funding. This has been in large part because of the success of the *secret* space program.

I think it pertinent to know, there's a black budget/operation going on simultaneously with NASA. NASA is just the cover.
Where do you think 2.3 trillion MISSING dollars went from our defense department in 2001? And that's what's being talked about.

I know this sounds ludicrous to some but, we're on Mars. We've been there for a long LONG time. We man missions to Mars. Other planets too probably.

We know about 1% of what's really going on.

NASA is just our babysitter and one must mind their sitter (and pay them too)

I mean really, what the hell are they doing with the ISS? We're supposedly on a joint venture with two of our own former rival enemies?..... for what? To build some Tinker Toy-like laboratory that (according to NASA) might have to be abandoned any time....due to flying space junk/debris?

Really?

NASA is a front. A lie. A farce. As is the ISS.
The ISS is nothing but a floating version of the United Nations and we all know who they are!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Hope this helps.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
I think life is a lot more common than the current scientific consensus.

Knowing what we now know about how diverse life is, I would think a sterile planet would be rarer than one wth life.

Life will find a way.
edit on 12-4-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Your sentiment is very sweet
but we're being controlled.
"Life" is what the PTB allows you to know.
Everything else is fringe lunacy.

Sad but true

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

'Monolith' Object on Mars? You Could Call It That

news.yahoo.com...

link   
I think that it's important for everybody not to get too carried away here . The " life " NASA is referring to is more than likely microbiological . There is nothing on Mars to support any other type of life .
If life ever existed on the red planet then I doubt it ever evolved any further than its present form .

To say there are buildings on Mars is pure speculation and there will be many disappointed people when the truth is known .
Please don't let our hopes get too high , because NASA has an excellent track record for letting us down after their big build ups .

link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Critics counter that the method has not yet been proven effective for differentiating between biological and non-biological processes on Earth, so it's premature to draw any conclusions.

Misleading thread title. Lock. Ban. Delete.

Not really, the title is right on the money. Perhaps you skimmed over this....

Further, NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim, neuropharmacologist and biologist Joseph Miller, with the University of Southern California's Keck School of Medicine, told Discovery News.

"On the basis of what we've done so far, I'd say I'm 99 percent sure there's life there," he added.

And to boot, the articles title is....

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976, scientists say

So, sorry no bans cause you asked for it.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Hope this helps.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Isn't that ironic?

A monolith placed on Earth by aliens in the classic sci-fi film "2001: A Space Odyssey."

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm confused about the Mars monolith because it looks just like the one they found on Mars' moon Phobos?

[Buzz Aldrin Reveals existence of monolith on Mars moon!!!

If this means there is actually one on Mars surface and also on its moon too, this is crazy!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
I think that it's important for everybody not to get too carried away here . The " life " NASA is referring to is more than likely microbiological . There is nothing on Mars to support any other type of life .
If life ever existed on the red planet then I doubt it ever evolved any further than its present form .

To say there are buildings on Mars is pure speculation and there will be many disappointed people when the truth is known .
Please don't let our hopes get too high , because NASA has an excellent track record for letting us down after their big build ups .

Ice can support life. Where there is ice, there is liquid water not too far away. And where ever there is water, life always finds a way. It has on earth since the beginning, so to suggest that process can't still be happening on Mars on a much smaller, less numerous scale, is ridiculous. Furthermore, to suggest life aside from microbes has never existed on mars is also ridiculous. We aren't talking about a few decades here. We are talking billions of years of life, death, erosion, E.L.E.S. etc.

Anything to do with Mars in regards to ANY form of life is pure speculation until we are told otherwise. That doesn't mean NASA isn't hiding that from us. They very well might be and I think they are holding back many secrets. They always let us down because they don't care about science or finding life elsewhere. They just care about power and money.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

I think if you take a barren celestial body and stick a towering structure on it, they might tend to look alike.

This is supposedly what's on Phobos (among others I think)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/55c8c8529ff673cc.jpg[/atsimg]
palermoproject.com...
www.vgl.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'd be quite happy with a positive confirmation of microbial life on mars. That would be sufficiently awesome to make my year.

No monoliths required.
edit on 12-4-2012 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think 'pure speculation' is a lot more reliable than NASA's 'official words"

You're of the mindset that there isn't and never has been life on Mars. I won't begrudge you for that thinking but allow me to say, you can't be any further from the truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
I'd be quite happy with a positive confirmation of microbial life on mars. That would be sufficiently awesome to make my year.

Same! Still kind of in disbelief that they might finally be admitting to it, thanks OP! I'm half waiting for them to start backtracking so can't get my hopes up too far, but if they admit to microbial life then that's a serious game changer in itself.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Or more like this.....

.....according to the interweb

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
When science fiction writer Ben Bova saw the first picture of Mars from the 1976 lander, his first words were "Looks like New Jersey". He later went on to write many books about expeditions to Mars. Is there life in New Jersey?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
there 'HAS' to be life out there.. I mean, where the hell do you think we came from.. EARTH? hah!

I'm fairly sure there's life on Mars... just not on the surface. I mean, on top of the ground there isn't enough elements for life,but under the soil? I'm fairly confident there's cells and bacteria.

We need to send up a remote control car that can drill down a few meters.

The main reason I believe that the ones in charge have wanted to keep it a secret so long, is because once we prove there's life out there it means there's almost a certainty that there's life out there far superior to us.

For the people to grasp the concept that we are, infact, not top of the food chain and can, at any time be enslaved or over run is quite a difficult reality to accept. But for the powers that be? its a game changer. People will not take well to being governed when the people in charge them selves are as meaningless as its people.

So keep that in mind, because the powers that be can only keep the illusion going as long as no one shows up on our doorstep suddenly.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join