It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better get your bug out bag ready.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Im right there with you. I dont want to go back in time. I want to go forward BUT I want it with finesse and not in ten years. we should be united in efforts to radically save our plant vs. radically work on epic disaster. Ive got some wild ideas about life but to me instead of making earthquakes and rain. Use our advanced tech for good reasons. give back.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You quoted..."I have NEVER seen this level of activity with this scale before, something BIG is about to happen!"

A Physicist friend relayed to me...we havent been AROUND on Earth long enough to see this happen. And it does frequently. Its the way of Mother Earth. Its just that we are around NOW a DAYS that we place the WOW factor on it.

He assured me...melting Glaciers, Earthquakes...a LOT od them too...tsunamis, Hurricanes, eruptions and the like...are not at all unusual in any way: they are cyclical and normal, even catastophic at times. Its normal for this planet.

If we looked down on Earth for over a 100,00 years or so...all these things come and go over and over and over.

Its just that now we are around to see them happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
You quoted..."I have NEVER seen this level of activity with this scale before, something BIG is about to happen!"

A Physicist friend relayed to me...we havent been AROUND on Earth long enough to see this happen. And it does frequently. Its the way of Mother Earth. Its just that we are around NOW a DAYS that we place the WOW factor on it.

He assured me...melting Glaciers, Earthquakes...a LOT od them too...tsunamis, Hurricanes, eruptions and the like...are not at all unusual in any way: they are cyclical and normal, even catastophic at times. Its normal for this planet.

If we looked down on Earth for over a 100,00 years or so...all these things come and go over and over and over.

It has been my experience that most physicist's are as dumb as a bag of hammers, your friend is no exception.
The window I'm looking at is RIGHT NOW because that is what determines my fate, events that occur in geological time, over eons, only matter to the dead and the prophets.
Knowing the earthquake that swallows your home is cyclical does not make you feel better about it, so how is that information any comfort, or of any use to anybody?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

this looks tame compare to March last year when the Fukishima quake hit

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

And YOUR info is the same. No use to anyone. No way to stop it...nowhere to run...nothing will change...and the Earth will grow. Once in awhile...it just throws all us grasshopper off of it....and keeps going.

I have several B.O.B.'s ready for a variety of things. Earth changes is not really one of them. You can just prepare and hope for the best. Where can you really run to and for how long? Of course there are places but the changes coming are unstoppable..

Im reminded of going to a picnic and stepping on an ant hill and watching them scatter every which way....and I go home and see another few thousand there going about there marching as tho nothing happened to the others.

Its just how it is...and we cant do a damned thing about anything. even preparing for the worst case SHTF scenarios. Run out of stuff...or worse...get it taken from you...and then what? Youre not gonna make it long anyway. For awhile perhaps....but then.........

PS Yes, Im a FEMA 1st Responder volunteer and DHSecurity trained...so what? Do my duty helping in a worse case scenario...and even with my BOB....after Im the last on the trucks out...Im done with...and so will be my BOB...

We all know it. We'd be the last out...then theyll throw us to the side (or into the camps) with everyone else...but at least we know that going in....

PPS 10,000 running people on a hilltop all with BOBs...how long before they start killing each other to give UP their bags? What would you do to feed your kids when the guy on the boulder over there has 2 BOBs....?

So, in the end...try the prepare and do the best you can with what you have. Worry about your family 1st...yourself 2nd...and everyone else comes after that.

When they start to TAKE..it reverses. Take form everyone else 1st...take care of your family next...and lastly yourself.

And through all of this? Mother Earth will NEVER STOP doing all these things that make the Earth what it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

That is one possibility. Another is to consider all the seismic activity in Alaska currently and to consider sulfur poisoning. ie. the formation of sulfuric acid in the ocean.

P

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Required01

When I saw this I thought of the same thing, also was wondering what the space event was in Chicago, IL . It didn't give any detail and I couldn't find any news about?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think that rational thinking is the begining skill for survival. as in: you may want to get a bunch of candles for the first part of out bug out indoors- batteries are heavy, but if you do decide to bug out, what batteries you have may be all you will get for a while; get a wind-up radio for bug in or out; have any kind of solar device you can find, best for bug in-less to carry; add extra locks to your door, and windows for bug in; have many flashlights-big ones and small pocket-sized or pen-sized; have books-like crosswords/search-a-word, for entertainment, these are light, good for in or out; store containers of water in your fridge-not bottled water, just filtered water in jugs or what-have you-think of other water means for flushing---just in case...so rational thinking, first, the last resort should be hitting the streets, jungle, mountains, wherever..because this can create erratic behavior and desperation = getting shot.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by Required01

When I saw this I thought of the same thing, also was wondering what the space event was in Chicago, IL . It didn't give any detail and I couldn't find any news about?

The Space Event is referring to a Meteor watch over Chicago.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

It has been my experience that most physicist's are as dumb as a bag of hammers, your friend is no exception.
The window I'm looking at is RIGHT NOW because that is what determines my fate, events that occur in geological time, over eons, only matter to the dead and the prophets.
Knowing the earthquake that swallows your home is cyclical does not make you feel better about it, so how is that information any comfort, or of any use to anybody?

Though I understand your point of view about the here and now, this needs to be tempered against the historical and geological facts.

Some people are panicking as if these events are some culmination of "the end of days" events. It is hard to make people realize that the geologic record shows cycles of "violent earth" events are actually really-really common. It seems unusual to us because of the comparison of how long our species has been around and how long the earth has been around. If you called the 4.5 billion years the earth has been around a week, our species hasn't even been here for a second. (I'm not going to do the actual math)

The other thing to consider. Our species has been blessed with a relatively calm time over the last 10 to 20 thousand years in comparison to how the earth "normally" behaves according to the geologic record. This calm and stable time is more than likely what allowed our species to prosper, multiply and advance. Sooner or later, the "lull" had to end and the "normal" activity return.

But I see your point. Nothing says because it has happened before that it will be pleasant and that everyone will be safe. All things considered, in the conditions of the "normal" geologic and climactic state of the earth, there will probably be untold casualties and destruction...

But have a nice day nonetheless.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join