It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
I keep forgetting the best part... "and now my dog is sick"

Pure ATS gold.

If the Anunaki are looking for gold I know where it can be found.

edit on 12-4-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

Let's try this again.

Dear ThisToiletEarth,

You sir are mistaken by the 'dog is sick'

I will confess that I did NOT keep up with this thread. Mainly because the Mod got involved which created an instant lean.
But perhaps this OP was a hoaxer. I honestly don't know because I am thoroughly disgusted with this site now to the point where it's almost painful to post let alone, start threads.

But the fact that he DID add that element is extremely interesting. To me anyway. Because MY dog was the smoking gun in my 'experience' that brought my experience into reality. Without him getting sick, my experience could've been a 'sleep disorder' but the fact that my dog did exactly what I felt like doing the next morning.......was a twisted godsend.

So please Mr.ThisToiletEarth, have a little bit of an open mind especially when you're devoid any of these paranormal experiences yourself.

With kind regards,
Human_Alien

How was that Mod?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by Pilot
reply to post by Human_Alien

The whole thing really stinks. All this drama for what exactly?

that's why people need to move past the videos and eyewitness stories. you either believe they exist or don't for all kinds of reasons and pleasing people here is not a reason. the subject goes way beyond ATS or debunkers or whatever is going on here. I believe it has to be a personal thing based on your own experiences. Maybe what it will take is what is supposed to happen in Dec?

Don't get me wrong - I believe UFOs exist - but I don't believe this is one of them. When people run hoaxes, it muddies the water and gives the UFO community a bad name, and THAT is why I call them out when I see them. If they have answers for the points I bring up, so much the better. If not...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yes you are correct, the pole does seem hazy, but there is one crucial detail forgotten.

The "Object" is extremely shiny, and is reflecting the Suns rays, that lends a greater detail shown on the image, as opposed to the dull, unreflective gray pole. Even if you were there and looked with your own eyes, the gray pole would look "Fuzzy" but the shiny reflective "Object" would be clearer.
Also remember the OP said he saw a Gold disc....the image shows a Gold disc.

How many ol' hubcaps off the Chevy, are Gold? They are usually Chrome.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by sirric

I banned nobody. Good Lord. I voiced MY OPINIONS which apparently are not allowed if they disagree with YOUR OPINION.

Just so you know since you're not aware. People like to blame you because you are the most vocal unbeliever. And, you're a mod with influence. Just say''n

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Originally posted by Human_Alien

But it's NEVER gets left there. It gets heighten into name calling. Then mocking. Then personal attacks.

Actually that's funny. Because in this example it was the believers who couldn't let it go. Then came the name calling. Then the mocking. Then the personal attacks.

See. It works both ways.

Oh I don't doubt it. I've been less than saintly too but the thing is....we're all giving opinions. Period. End of debate.
Even with these fancy photo over-lays...they're just opinions.

There is no reason, on face value, that I should doubt a thread. SOMETHING has to get me to think differently. And usually that's opinion.
I've never caught anyone tossing up a Frisbee or purposefully filming the Moon and spinning that into a UFO. Never.
My Australia UFO thread for example. There is absolutely no reason for me to doubt him. I don't see any strings dangling or CGI movement etc.
But other people called him a hoaxer right off the get-go with absolutely no merit EXCEPT opinion. And when I don't concur with said-opinions (remember, there's no proof) I get accused as being gullible

I trust until I am given sufficient reason not to.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Moderators are members FIRST.

They are allowed to post in any threads they choose and are held accountable
for their posts just as any other member.

This is not open for discussion in this thread, if you have an issue, file an official complaint
via the complaint feature located in your member center.

Any further off topic posts discussing moderators posting in this thread will be removed.

Thanks, carry on.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I don't believe this one either, I think the dog thing was a crafty distraction. it looks tossed to me most likely from around the corner of the building maybe from a balcony or upper window. I'll bet it landed in the street.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So in your estimation, how large was the object that was thrown?

Was it a pie tin, frisbee, hubcap, or trash lid? So, the object was thrown twice (judging by the 20 sec gap, which is not much time). So, is it safe to assume that he ran to get the object, then basically ran back in less then 20 secs to the exact same area to retake? If it was a large object, wouldn't it be possible to damage his neighbors house? The object is behind the tree in the last picture, wouldn't a frisbee be smaller at that distance?

Why would anyone do that? Seems like too much work, when digitally it's easy. And to be honest, it looks digital. So then, why do the pixels match up in size (the inserted object and the background). The pixel size to me seems to prove the object was photographed. The time of the shots also dispels a thrown object, because think about it. If the OP threw an object, wouldn't it take more then 20 secs to locate behind his neighbors house, then run back, and rethrow for 3rd picture? Unless of course the OP had two hubcaps... dun dun dunn

(nothing personal, just trying to look at every angle, which should have been done before ban and hoax).
edit on 12-4-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51

Yes you are correct, the pole does seem hazy, but there is one crucial detail forgotten.

The "Object" is extremely shiny, and is reflecting the Suns rays, that lends a greater detail shown on the image, as opposed to the dull, unreflective gray pole. Even if you were there and looked with your own eyes, the gray pole would look "Fuzzy" but the shiny reflective "Object" would be clearer.
Also remember the OP said he saw a Gold disc....the image shows a Gold disc.

How many ol' hubcaps off the Chevy, are Gold? They are usually Chrome.

Due to the curvature of the upper surface, not all light from the object is "shiny". The haze would still be present, but the would be less evident in the glared area. Light reflects from an object at the same angle it strikes it, but in the opposite direction away from the light source. When a surface is curved, there are a multiplicity of reflection angles, and those outside the glare area where the light is reflected directly back at the viewer would exhibit the haze.

See the "dark" area at the upper right of the object? that area appears darker because, due to the surface curvature, the light is being reflected away from the viewer. There should be haze shown there for an object at the distance of the communications tower.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by esteay812

There are too many variables to sift through thoroughly to determine something is a hoax.

The 'well I read it' is hardly a sufficient argument. And the "he's a known hoaxer" (i.e. Ed Waltors) is a joke. By whose standards are we determining these things? Popular vote? Well that sure as hell didn't get the right President into office so..so much for democracy!

What happened to believing a person? How about integrity? Or has that too been taken over by computer?

And the follks who are publishing these photos with lines and numbers and math and prospective and impediments........... just give me an ATS headache.
This isn't Popular Science. And even if it were, where's the vetting to even say the person whose drawing these nifty lines knows what the hell he's even talking about?

I blame this thread on a Mod. She/he stated her/his opinion early on and it was downhill from there.

Okay, I understand the subject of UFOs is very important to you. It's important to a lot of people. And you're correct that people should be able to share their stories. And maybe skeptics are a little too harsh.

But don't you think you're might be being even the tiniest bit unreasonable. You are (at least it seems to be) saying that even known hoaxers should be taken at face value? You're saying that scientific analysis has no place in a discussion. It would stand to reason that if someone were spewing out false math, someone else would call them on it because math is not subjective. And as you can attest to there is always someone out there who wants to prove someone else wrong. It's not different with math just because it's taught in schools.

It's great to believe in people, but do you believe everybody all the time? You obviously don't, you obviously have your own skepticism. How is your skepticism more valid than others. If you allow yourself to be as blinded by what you have come to now as the truth, then you are the same as all the people who viciously decry you. You might be nicer about it, but it's the same animal.

The witchhunt attitude of skeptics can be troublesome, but so can the idea of blanket trust. If I made an MS paint drawing of a UFO and pasted it onto a photo you obviously wouldn't be fooled by it. But why can't you trust me that it was a UFO that looked like it was drawn in MS Paint? Why don't I get the benefit of the doubt.

There needs to be balance and there needs to be a point where both sides are able to admit they might be wrong. You adamantly on your side is the same as the opposing view adamantly on theirs.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Sorry to say that my mind was made up for me on this thread, I was not thinking one way or another, however through reading I wish I had been given the chance to make up my own mind.. As someone searching for similar experiences as I, I come to places like this. The last couple of years here have left me cold. I rarely post in these types of threads any more simply because I hate reading the thoughtless ridicule that pours out of some members.

I certainly could relate to the OP and the possible ill effects on his dog. I can also relate to his wonderment of how ATS would treat his pics and experience. It seems to me from the continued sleuthing of these photos the truth has yet to be found.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
So in your estimation, how large was the object that was thrown?

I don't know. I'll leave the math to other folks more proficient. It should be possible to get minima and maxima from the angular size of the object multiplied by the inverse sin of a possible range of distances.

Was it a pie tin, frisbee, hubcap, or trash lid? So, the object was thrown twice (judging by the 20 sec gap, which is not much time). So, is it safe to assume that he ran to get the object, then basically ran back in less then 20 secs to the exact same area to retake? If it was a large object, wouldn't it be possible to damage his neighbors house? The object is behind the tree in the last picture, wouldn't a frisbee be smaller at that distance?

I don't believe he did it alone. I believe there was an accomplice doing the throwing, and a second object thrown. "object3" and "object2" show it moving directly away from the viewer, and "object1" taken 20 seconds later show it once again close to the viewer. I don't think anyone ran to retrieve the same object for the last photo - I think it was another one thrown.

Why would anyone do that? Seems like too much work, when digitally it's easy. And to be honest, it looks digital. So then, why do the pixels match up in size (the inserted object and the background). The pixel size to me seems to prove the object was photographed. The time of the shots also dispels a thrown object, because think about it. If the OP threw an object, wouldn't it take more then 20 secs to locate behind his neighbors house, then run back, and rethrow for 3rd picture? Unless of course the OP had two hubcaps... dun dun dunn

I don't believe it was a digital fake. It would have been a simple matter to haze it digitally, and this would have never come up. I think it was a real object, directly photographed. The only question is just what sort of object that was.

"Yes" on the two objects, probably thrown by another individual.

(nothing personal, just trying to look at every angle, which should have been done before ban and hoax).

No offense taken - I should be held to account to support my own position the same as the OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's really cute that you all are still sitting here debating how and why this guy hoaxed the pictures.

It's already been decided, y'all. Case dismissed.

Move on.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

No offense taken - I should be held to account to support my own position the same as the OP.

Starred.

Good points, didn't really think of the 2nd person angle. Just seems like a lot of work for such a trivial pursuit. I mean what does one gain by hoaxing ATS? Nothing. If anything ATS gained Ad revenue because of a popular thread. Granted, I know Ad revenue isn't the motivator (thus the removal), but why not hoax the news or youtube? At least with youtube, you can get some partner points.

Considering the OP's history on ATS (he wasn't mean spirited or troll like) it just seems odd that the ban and hoax was given so freely. The guy literally answered questions for an hour, then went on with his life for the night (who knows, maybe had to work to pay for the dog bill). You would think a true hoaxer or troll wouldn't give up so easily, considering the work done on perpetrating said hoax.

Just a strange thread really. I'm surprised it hasn't been closed at this point.

I just feel the ban was too abrupt... And actions like this will stop people from posting in the future (hoaxers will always hoax, but honest people will look at a thread like this, and think why even bother).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I really think, if we all work through this together, and discuss how we feel with each other, and share our emotions honestly, I really think we can all get through this.

Together, man. Like, together.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
It's really cute that you all are still sitting here debating how and why this guy hoaxed the pictures.

It's already been decided, y'all. Case dismissed.

Move on.

Case Dismissed?

Personally, I feel the evidence isn't 100 percent either way. I've read much of the thread, and find certain points intriguing. It's just a strange story with an abrupt ending. Personally, just because a Mod or site owner declares this as a hoax, doesn't certainly rule out that it's not. People make mistakes, even mods. Just because a Mod and handful of members say it's a hoax, doesn't mean every single ATS member has to agree. Granted, it's the Mod/ site owners choice to hoax a thread, but just because of that action you feel everyone should move on?

People can discuss a hoax, in order to fully understand the why. I'm intrigued by the motivations and history of the OP. I don't understand why said OP would hoax. Also, it helps point out hoaxes in the future. What's worse, people discussing a hoax or people telling other people to move on?

As long as people adhere to the site rules, why should we move on? Personally, I enjoyed the thread, and enjoy the discussion of the hoax. Until it is closed by a mod, members should be able to discuss freely and not just get in line, and move on with the herd accordingly.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I really dig your open mindedness, man. It's groovy.

I really applaud your ability to reenact the scenario just so, just for the purpose of, you know, getting closer to the truth and all, even if nothing will come of it.

Far out, man. You are the harbinger of the truth, dude. Your dedication to an anti-climatic done deal is second to none. Even though no one cares and absolutely no accolades will ever come to you, still you strive on in your merciless reconstruction of what may or may not have been the truth.

Far out, man. I salute you. Budweiser salutes you. ATS salutes you. Even if your wife is ready to divorce you for being too "weird", we here recognize and appreciate the sacrifices you've made.

All in the name of truth, man. All for truth. Because even though the mods have already ruled and handed out justice, you weren't ready to give up, man. You weren't satiated. You still believed there was a story to tell.

You speak for those who cannot speak. You speak for the slighted, the injusticeced, the insulted. You speak for little men everywhere, be they short of intellect [snip]

You, sir, are a hero.

edit on 12-4-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Originally posted by nenothtu

Starred.

Good points, didn't really think of the 2nd person angle. Just seems like a lot of work for such a trivial pursuit. I mean what does one gain by hoaxing ATS? Nothing. If anything ATS gained Ad revenue because of a popular thread. Granted, I know Ad revenue isn't the motivator (thus the removal), but why not hoax the news or youtube? At least with youtube, you can get some partner points.

Considering the OP's history on ATS (he wasn't mean spirited or troll like) it just seems odd that the ban and hoax was given so freely. The guy literally answered questions for an hour, then went on with his life for the night (who knows, maybe had to work to pay for the dog bill). You would think a true hoaxer or troll wouldn't give up so easily, considering the work done on perpetrating said hoax.

Just a strange thread really. I'm surprised it hasn't been closed at this point.

I just feel the ban was too abrupt... And actions like this will stop people from posting in the future (hoaxers will always hoax, but honest people will look at a thread like this, and think why even bother).

QFT

I agree with this statement.

I'm surprised this tread is still active and we still have no usable proof of whether this is real or not.

Mods, Please allow this thread to continue to see if we can work out the hoax or not.

To everyone, all contribution to this thread should be constructive and is a good way to see if one side or another can find the truth to this thread.

So far, as a believer of UFO's, I've witness many, I am leaning towards it is a Hoax based on good finding with the pictures and the story not fully adding up.

I wish OP was still around (Unbanned..hint..hint) so we may further question his story and maybe get more photos.

What says you mighty site owners?

edit on 12/4/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join