It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Your long winded response is just another attempt to derail. Once again, you can say you misspoke all you want, but your own words prove that not to be true.

You address the voice analysis of the yell for help this way

There have been 3 seperate companies contacted to reivew the 911 tapes to determine if it was Zimmerman or Martin. Of the 3, 2 have released their info whith one company supporting the argument it was Zimmerman and the other supporting the argument it was Martin.

You then address it again, and also address the 'coons' comment ... so you know you are talking about 2 seperate calls that are being analyzed...

Actually it has not been determined. So far 2 companies analyzed the audio and one stated it was Martin and the other stated it was Zimmerman. They also supposedly debunked the "coon comment" people like to bring up.

So explain to me how you misspoke or got confused? You clearly stated that one company said it was Zimmerman and one said it was Martin. How can you claim you misspoke.

You reference the 'coons' saying 'they also supposedly debunk the coons comment'....by 'they' i guess you mean the experts who are determining who is screaming? So once again, how can that be a misspeak? One expert may have said he said 'coons' on may have said he said 'punks'....that is not what you were saying. You were saying someone supported Zimmermany being the screamer.

You did not misspeak or get confused. You tried to misrepresent information and twist it to fit what you wanted it to be. Since you have been such an expert on this discussion I would have thought you would have checked your information before you claimed it a fact, being a police office and law expert and all. That is why its a big deal.
edit on 12-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

After reading it I would ahve to agree with dershowitz... There is nothing in the affidavit that establishes probable cause for the charge of murder 2nd.

None of zimmermans actions were illegal....
Dispatchers are not comissioned officers (these were not) so their directions are advisory and can be ignored.
Its not illegal for an individual to follow someone.
Its not illegal for and individual to make contact with another person.

The affidavit leaves out other witness information that coroborates zimmermans side of the story...

As I said, circumstantial.. I do not see a conviction anywhere on this charge.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shepseskaf

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by shepseskaf

Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’

I have a very low opinion of Dershowitz's statements. He is all political, and regularly makes bombastic statements, like this one, to keep himself in the media's eye.

If he's against the affidavit, then I'm all for it.

Have you read it?

Yes, actually I have. Its a bare bones recitation of some of the case's key points. The document is not meant to comprehensive, and says so. It hardly merits any bombastic statements being made about it's insufficiency.

Let the prosecution present its full case.

I am just posting info. as it becomes available, everyone needs to take a chill pill.

I don't know anything about this, just learning as I go, you think Dershowitz, is basing his comments on more?

I read it and didn't get much out of it, but I am not a Harvard professor.

Oh the prosecution and defense will have their day, I thought that was how the system worked.
edit on 073030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzanazi75

You really need to learn to read and comprehend before opening your mouth. Seriously how old are you?

this issue has been addressed, corrected and dealt with and yet here you are, still whining about something you think occured.

Whats your thoughts on the charge sheet and Pc statement?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks, Xcathdra, I have been following your post, they are very informative.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
To me it looks like this is being done to appease and calm the community and nothing more.

For someone who just got caught falsifying information, you're remarkably unabashed in making new assertions with very little foundation.

The second-degree murder charges would hardly have been filed lightly or to "appease the community", and in my opinion are entirely warranted. GZ's story has holes in it that a truck could be driven through.

I think that both the autopsy report and the 911 tape voice analysis will be key components in an eventual conviction.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by DavidWillts

What an incredibly stupid comment. Care to go this thread and post all the sources you have used that conflict with the point you are trying to make?

Have you noticed I have stopped responding to any of your posts?

Not really. Do you see how contradictory that is?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by pizzanazi75

You really need to learn to read and comprehend before opening your mouth. Seriously how old are you?

this issue has been addressed, corrected and dealt with and yet here you are, still whining about something you think occured.

Whats your thoughts on the charge sheet and Pc statement?

I know the issue has been addressed because, myself and others pointed it out to you. You have done your best to wiggle out of your own words, with little success.

I have all types of opinions on the charge sheet, etc. You can read them on this board in the future.

I only initiated this conversation because I felt it was necessary to point out your lie. I don't make it a practice of having conversation with liars, except to point out their lies. If you would like to admit and defend your words as you typed them and not blame it on a 'misspeak' then we can resume the conversation. Until then I see you as some one I really would rather not converse with.

I see what you typed and retyped as a bold face lie, I have stated why I believe that with you own statements to back me up. You can disagree all you want and question my age and reading comprehension skills all you want, that wont change anything, As a police officer you should know better to make such absurd claims that you can't back up then claim you misspoke, To me, it points to a dishonest character.
edit on 12-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shepseskaf

I agree about comprehensive however its what the prosecutor is stating her entire charge on. Nothing in the affidavit supports a murder 2 charge. A PC is suppose to state the charge and then the essential facts to support the charge.

Im not sure how identifying information which is not a crime -
Following Martin
Confronting Martin (which is in question)
Words with Martin (in question)
Dispatch stating dont follow (not against the law to ignore).
Noting she allowed mom to listen to the tape to ifentify her sons voice....

- supports her argument and position.

Her entire PC statement says I am charging him with murder 2 because Martin was shot and killed and nothing else. I am actually amazed the judge foud the PC valid and supportive of the facts.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by DavidWillts

The decision to charge 2nd degree murder confused me as well. As I posted before the lead detective was pushing for manslughter and the PA at the time said no. I am curious how she was able to make 2nd murder from a manslaughter push with the evidence at hand.

Only 1 charge, and a lofty one at that..

She has a circumstantial case so trying to make the argument is going to be an uphill battle for her.

To me it looks like this is being done to appease and calm the community and nothing more.

Charge Sheet

From what I understand, manslaughter is a lesser included charge to 2nd degree murder, so the jury could convict him of that, if it's true. I'm not stating this as fact, just stating as I understand it from a couple different articles I've read.

Article

While second degree murder is the charge, if the jury is unable to find Zimmerman guilty of that, Dennis says they could find him guilty of manslaughter. It's considered a lesser included offense.

edit on 12-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Thanks for that info.. I have been asking if Florida Homicide laws allows for mansluaghter to be a lesser included to murder.

It still makes no sense to go for the higher charge with the info in the PC. To me it looks like an attempt to maybe force a plea deal with the threat of 25 to life looming over Zimmermans head.

That way when manslughter is offered there is a better chance of jumping at it, provided she is wanting to offer a plea deal at all and whether or not Zimmerman would accept it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by shepseskaf

I agree about comprehensive however its what the prosecutor is stating her entire charge on. Nothing in the affidavit supports a murder 2 charge. A PC is suppose to state the charge and then the essential facts to support the charge.

Im not sure how identifying information which is not a crime -
Following Martin
Confronting Martin (which is in question)
Words with Martin (in question)
Dispatch stating dont follow (not against the law to ignore).
Noting she allowed mom to listen to the tape to ifentify her sons voice....

- supports her argument and position.

Her entire PC statement says I am charging him with murder 2 because Martin was shot and killed and nothing else. I am actually amazed the judge foud the PC valid and supportive of the facts.

Taken in its entirety, the affidavit makes it clear that GZ's excuse of self-defense and hiding behind the SYG law won't fly. He is painted as the aggressor in the incident, which is the truth.

The affidavit doesn't say so, but I think its likely that the autopsy report shows that Trayvon was shot in such a way that GZ was not justified in using that level of force.

Thus you have an aggressive pursuer of an innocent person who displayed an extreme indifference to the value of human life in using excessive force.

That's my take on it. Let's see what the evidence holds.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I am just posting info. as it becomes available, everyone needs to take a chill pill.

I don't know anything about this, just learning as I go, you think Dershowitz, is basing his comments on more?

I read it and didn't get much out of it, but I am not a Harvard professor.

Then why did you not post various opinions?

Your Right Wing political stance - - comes before this.

You can't hide which way you lean and why you agree with Dershowitz.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And where do you think this case would be right now if it was not for the liberal media?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What does right wing have to do with this?

Really Annee, please stop,

Zimmerman was a democrat,

edit on 073030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
These assholes they always get away, punks.

hmmmmmm nope GZ couldn't have been the aggressor

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I wish people would go ahead and stop trying to hide their bias. People such as yourself who claim to be neutral but are always defending Zimmerman and giving him the benefit of the doubt. People aren't stupid and can see through this.

A handful of people in this thread claim to be neutral yet everything they post is in regards to defending Zimmerman.

Someone truly neutral would not have 99% of their posts pro Zimmermen slanted.

hmmmmm
edit on 12-4-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

Think of it as a defense attorney and a prosecuting attorney, a defense attorney certainly isn't going to help out the prosecution,

There is a science to it,

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Deranged74

ahhh, the classic "if you are not with me you must be against me" approach. I think George Bush said something similar when he declared war on terror

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!

Let's keep this on topic.
The bickering and name calling stops NOW!!!

Further such posts will be removed, with the possibility of temporary posting bans.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

edit on Thu Apr 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join