It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, 6pm CHARGES TBA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Hopefully it'll be winter before things get done. Too cold to riot and riot they will one way or the other

Too cold to riot in Florida? Ever been here?

It does not get very cold.

I do not live far, am armed and ready
for anything,
Whats going to happen next
is he will have a bond hearing,
they will tell zimmerman what his
charges are and set a bond. They
can give him a bond or not. Up to judge
to set the bail.. His first appearance he does
not answer guilty or not guilty..He will make his plea
at the next hearing.. So this is what will be happening,
keeping everything zimmerman updated here stay tuned
to see what will happen next.
everything zimmerman updates and all
edit on 11-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Hes not running away from anything and he is not wanted for anything at this point (soon though, it seems)
He is hiding, probably because he has a price on his head, something that the racist attorney general will not allow the FBI to do anything about.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

He will get his bond hearing.

SEEINg as he isnot a flight risk
he should be able to get it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
He killed a man because he couldn't defend himself. Instead of a bloody/broken nose, he took a mans life. He deserves at least some jail time.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If he gets sent to prison he is a dead man, surely they know this?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Knowing the facts as given by Zimmerman's former lawyer, I thought it sounded like 3rd degree murder or less.

The media has really blown this up. The guy was in hiding for obvious reasons and they made it sound like he was on the run. He has always maintained he would turn himself in and did.

I think Zimmerman is guilty just so you know where I lie, but the media is really mostly at fault here. This should have been a story about mismanagement of justice, not race, guy on the run, etc.
edit on 4/11/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by MrWendal

Thanks for your take on Florida Law. It helps to have these details. It will be complex, no matter how the court case goes. Also, the MSM will gnaw on this case like a dog with a soup bone.

Des

edit on 11-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)
[/quot

Would this be the same MSM that ignores a presidential candidate or downplays their ideology or treats them like an idiot? Would this be the same MSM that fabricates stories about countries that we are likely to go to war with depending on what we see being "Reported" and then when they get busted red handed they say they are legally allowed to make up anything they want because they are an "Entertainment News network"? I for one do not believe ANYTHING they say and I do not watch the bs or support them in any way. If you want to be part of that feel free, but don't expect me to comment on made up bs.

Zimmerman killed an unarmed teen. He was stalking the kid and was told to stop. He continued on and eventually got into a confrontation in which he pulled his gun and shot Trevon Martin dead. Argue all you want about semantics, but these are the facts.

As far as the responsibility Zimmerman should shoulder, why would anyone in a community watch program be carrying a gun? I was always taught that if you carry one you intend to use it. That means intent on Zimmerman's part and Trevon was just the unlucky victim in an inevitable situation created by Zimmerman.

For those that support Zimmerman and believe he did nothing wrong please tell me where you live so I can join your community watch program. I have a sweet 9mm I have been aching to shoot. Hopefully someone in your neighborhood will make me suspicious and I can follow them until they attack me and I can try out my new gun.

Color is not the real issue here. Power hungry gun wielding cop wanna-be's is the real issue. I believe in the right to defend yourself, but Zimmerman placed himself in the situation of his own free will negating the self defense argument. If he were at home and Trevon broke into his house it would be a no brainer open and shut case, but that is not what happened. Zimmerman was actively seeking confrontation and he should be held accountable for his actions.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

He took care of himself out there he will
be fine...anyways the white supremicist
in prison will look at him as a hero,they
will protect him, they will not let
him be hurt either way and i can gurantee you that.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

A white supremacist would look out for a Mexican guy in prison eh?

How do you think a guy that followed a kid into a yard is innocent after the kid died? He didn't have the right to and that is why he is now charged with murder/manslaughter as he should have been in the first place.

I'm not saying Zimmerman is cold hearted etc, but his poor judgement ended up in the death of an innocent kid. in FL that is 2nd Degree murder.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I believe he will be charged with something serious ande they will nail him to the wall.
It's not about whether he is guilty or innocent.

The government want to teach citizens that it is NOT ok to shoot anybody for any reason.

They can use this to change concealed carry laws and handgun laws in general.

Mr. Z is going to be the poster child for non self-defense rights.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

A white supremacist would look out for a Mexican guy in prison eh?

Yep the whites will take him in everything
in prison is based on race it is the truth
there willbe a group to protect him

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
I believe he will be charged with something serious ande they will nail him to the wall.

The government want to teach citizens that it is NOT ok to shoot anybody for any reason.

He is being charged with 2nd murder..

I do not think they have enough evidence to prove it..

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Get the popcorn buttered, because Court TV, Nancy Grace, and all the tabloid attorney's are going to be frothing at the bit when the Kangaroo Court commences. How can anyone expect that this man will get a fair trial after all the hoopla that has been spewed about by the MSM? Any prospective jury has already had their minds made up long before this even goes to trial.

As some have said, he might not even make it to trial after the inmates have their way with him. This whole ordeal has been a sham from day one, and I have a feeling this trial is going to be more of the same? I wonder if Al and Jessie and along with their army of hooligans are going to step back and allow justice to take its course? The guy is in custody and formally charged, and now it is time for the courts to decide his innocence or guilt.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

He is being charged with 2nd murder..

I do not think they have enough evidence to prove it..

In FL all it takes are these three facts for second degree.

-You were committing a crime and
-You ended up killing someone
-You shot a weapon without regard to others in the area

Sounds like that is exactly what happened and I'm going off Zimmerman's story btw.

So you know the prosecutor that has been working on it for the last month worked her ass off. She could have made it a circus and didn't so here's hope for some real justice from good people doing their job.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

He will be able to post his bail and get out but if for some reason he doesnt or cant, this being such a high profile story, he will be placed away from general population

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Jakes51

He will be able to post his bail and get out but if for some reason he doesnt or cant, this being such a high profile story, he will be placed away from general population

Well he is not a flight risk.

He has proven this by cooperating
with the authorities..
The judge will weigh it out
he will have an attorney there
asking for his bail and the state will
have there person there asking for bail
to be denied it is a dog and pony show,

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Jakes51

with the authorities..

I think he will be given a chance and make bail. I think Zimmerman has proven himself. Hard to say because of the second degree charge, though. While the media has made it a circus, I don't see any evidence of pandering by the prosecutor.

I notice you say the media lies about Zimmerman and that may be true, but that does not make him innocent necessarily.

Rooting for the underdog is one thing, but when the underdog's given details of the night point him to murder then how can you say he is innocent. By his own facts, he is not.

If you mean innocent before proven guilty sure, but he did it and is now going to await trial.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
This is just dumb. This in my opinion is nothing more than a scripted real life movie. I will say it right now, Zimmerman will walk. We will see a huge public spectacle of a trial and Zimmerman will be found not guilty. He will have to found not guilty, because of the restrictions that will be placed on the jury. They will be restricted by the rule of law and the procedure that is involved with this specific charge.

A charged of 2nd degree Murder is a walk for Zimmerman. Unless the DA has some huge evidence that has not been released, they will NEVER be able to get this charge to stick. If they went with Involuntary Manslaughter, they would get a conviction. 2nd Degree Murder is a HUGE stretch under Florida Law.

Under Florida State Law 2nd Degree Murder only has 2 classifications which are "Murder with a depraved mind" which is defined as

Murder with a Depraved Mind :
Murder with a Depraved Mind occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life. The primary distinction between Premeditated First Degree Murder and Second Degree Murder with a Depraved Mind is that First Degree Murder requires a specific and premeditated intent to kill.

or Accomplice Felony Murder.

Accomplice Felony Murder :
Accomplice Felony Second Degree Murder occurs when you are an accomplice to a person who kills another human being while engaged in the commission, or attempted commission, of the following statutorily enumerated felonies, regardless of whether they intended the death:

Which then gives a list of other crimes that would qualify. Obviously Accomplice Felony Murder is out the window. There is no accomplice. So that means the State intends to prosecute under the Depraved Mind portion of the law.

Now read the Depraved Mind portion of the law again. You will see that what the State will have to PROVE is that Zimmerman performed an action that was "imminently dangerous" which following someone is NOT generally considered an "imminently dangerous" act. Which brings us to the second portion of Depraved Mind, "evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life."

To "envice" in legal terms means to reveal the presence of, or to demonstrate or show clearly. I do not believe Zimmerman clearly showed or demonstrated a disregard for human life.

Now the common legal defenses for such a charge are "Excusable Homicide", "Justifiable Homicide" and "Self Defense". It is my opinion, as I have stated several times before, this is a slam dunk case under the charge of Involuntary Manslaughter. I don't think the State wants a slam dunk case. They either intend to make an example of Zimmerman or they know they can't win on the charge and are setting the stage to release Zimmerman and still walk away looking like they did all they could.

Under this charge what the DA will have to PROVE is that Zimmerman did not act in self defense. Which means how the fight started and who attacked who first will be the focus. As I have argued several times, under a charge of Involuntary Manslaughter, the fight is actually irrelevant. With involuntary manslaughter all you have to prove is that Zimmerman was negligent and that his negligence resulted in death. My argument has been that Zimmerman was negligent the moment he was told to not follow Martin and he did so anyway.

Edit to add: You can read all about Florida's Law here
2nd degree murder
edit on 11-4-2012 by MrWendal because: forgot to add a link

You are absolutely right on all points made. I doubt Corey want Zimmerman imprisoned, but she wants to seem fair. She was initially reluctant to entertain ANY charges against Zimmerman until public pressure forced her hand. That said, I believe the prosecution will make it easy for Zimmerman to walk. It will be another spectacle event for the MSM fake news and a made for TV movie in a couple of years just like the Anthony trial. He will get out of jail and be made into a spokesperson for some group and get paid millions for his story. He has already started making money from his fame so this ball is just getting rolling.

The trial is a waste of time and money and it is just to placate the masses who feel wronged and hopefully keep them from rioting. All of this in an election year and the Mayan end of the calendar while passing into the white fog from the black hole in the center of our galaxy. I think there will be rioting after he is acquitted. I am only sure of two things, he will leave Florida and he will be acquitted.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Jakes51

with the authorities..

I think he will be given and make bail. I think Zimmerman has proven himself. Hard to say because of the second degree charge, though.

They have no priors on him they will have
to give him a bond. It could be
a 500,000 dollar bail or more
which he would have to pay 10% of it
so if it was 500,000 he would have to come up
50,000 dollars...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Jakes51

with the authorities..

I think he will be given and make bail. I think Zimmerman has proven himself. Hard to say because of the second degree charge, though.

50,000 dollars...

True but it is 2nd degree murder charge. The bail amount will fit the crime and risk etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Jakes51

with the authorities..

50,000 dollars...

True but it is 2nd degree murder charge. The bail amount will fit the crime and risk etc.

Could be as low as 50,000 or 100,000
50,000 dollars...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join