It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, 6pm CHARGES TBA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hes not running away from anything and he is not wanted for anything at this point (soon though, it seems)
He is hiding, probably because he has a price on his head, something that the racist attorney general will not allow the FBI to do anything about.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
t minus 30 min. folks
we are going to get the BIG DECISION STAY TUNED
click the link in my sig for anyhting you need to know about
this case.. THINGS A HEATING UP~~

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
the AP is reporting he will be charged with ....

George Zimmerman faces second-degree murder charge, AP says

George Zimmerman faces second-degree murder charge, AP says

and in custody...

edit on 11-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That's more severe then I expected.

Second Degree Murder Definition

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter. criminal.findlaw.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's about damn time he got charged with something, anything. I also find these charges to be harsher than I was expecting. Although during the hearing, the dualing attorneys might introduce lesser charges, then it will be up to the jury to decide what he's guilty/not guilty of.
This is one jury I wouldn't want to sit on. I wonder what county it will be in. I doubt it will be Seminole, but I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
It will also be interesting to see if he turns himself in or if they have to find him to arrest him.

Edit to Add: Nevermind. He's already in custody.
www.wftv.com...

edit on 11-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This will only end in one way for Zimmerman, regardless of guilt or innocence, he will be made a scapegoat and out of fear of rioting, the jury will have no choice but to indict him.
Exactly the same reason that OJ was acquitted.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111

Originally posted by micmerci
Zimmerman has to take the fall to prevent outbreaks of violence.

You're darn tootin. Prosecutor Angela Corey either has to issue a warrant for Zimmerman's arrest, or face the angry murderous mob herself (along with her family). Its her or him, and of course she will make certain its not her, regardless of the charges or strength of her 'case'.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

That is what I was thinking as well, unless they know something...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You people can't have your conspiracy cake and eat it too. First it was TPTB are trying to start a race war, and now it's oh they're only acting in fear of riots...you can't have it both ways. Our police these days have nothing to fear from riots, just look how they handle peaceful protest. Zimmerman committed murder and he's finally being charged for it. Get over it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
You people can't have your conspiracy cake and eat it too. First it was TPTB are trying to start a race war, and now it's oh they're only acting in fear of riots...you can't have it both ways. Our police these days have nothing to fear from riots, just look how they handle peaceful protest. Zimmerman committed murder and he's finally being charged for it. Get over it.

What do you mean by "you people"?
By the way, I never said anything about race wars, although I do believe that race is being politicized in this case because it is an election year.
Other than that, all I'm saying is that Zimmerman doesnt stand a chance.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is just dumb. This in my opinion is nothing more than a scripted real life movie. I will say it right now, Zimmerman will walk. We will see a huge public spectacle of a trial and Zimmerman will be found not guilty. He will have to found not guilty, because of the restrictions that will be placed on the jury. They will be restricted by the rule of law and the procedure that is involved with this specific charge.

A charged of 2nd degree Murder is a walk for Zimmerman. Unless the DA has some huge evidence that has not been released, they will NEVER be able to get this charge to stick. If they went with Involuntary Manslaughter, they would get a conviction. 2nd Degree Murder is a HUGE stretch under Florida Law.

Under Florida State Law 2nd Degree Murder only has 2 classifications which are "Murder with a depraved mind" which is defined as

Murder with a Depraved Mind :
Murder with a Depraved Mind occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life. The primary distinction between Premeditated First Degree Murder and Second Degree Murder with a Depraved Mind is that First Degree Murder requires a specific and premeditated intent to kill.

or Accomplice Felony Murder.

Accomplice Felony Murder :
Accomplice Felony Second Degree Murder occurs when you are an accomplice to a person who kills another human being while engaged in the commission, or attempted commission, of the following statutorily enumerated felonies, regardless of whether they intended the death:

Which then gives a list of other crimes that would qualify. Obviously Accomplice Felony Murder is out the window. There is no accomplice. So that means the State intends to prosecute under the Depraved Mind portion of the law.

Now read the Depraved Mind portion of the law again. You will see that what the State will have to PROVE is that Zimmerman performed an action that was "imminently dangerous" which following someone is NOT generally considered an "imminently dangerous" act. Which brings us to the second portion of Depraved Mind, "evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life."

To "envice" in legal terms means to reveal the presence of, or to demonstrate or show clearly. I do not believe Zimmerman clearly showed or demonstrated a disregard for human life.

Now the common legal defenses for such a charge are "Excusable Homicide", "Justifiable Homicide" and "Self Defense". It is my opinion, as I have stated several times before, this is a slam dunk case under the charge of Involuntary Manslaughter. I don't think the State wants a slam dunk case. They either intend to make an example of Zimmerman or they know they can't win on the charge and are setting the stage to release Zimmerman and still walk away looking like they did all they could.

Under this charge what the DA will have to PROVE is that Zimmerman did not act in self defense. Which means how the fight started and who attacked who first will be the focus. As I have argued several times, under a charge of Involuntary Manslaughter, the fight is actually irrelevant. With involuntary manslaughter all you have to prove is that Zimmerman was negligent and that his negligence resulted in death. My argument has been that Zimmerman was negligent the moment he was told to not follow Martin and he did so anyway.

Edit to add: You can read all about Florida's Law here
2nd degree murder
edit on 11-4-2012 by MrWendal because: forgot to add a link

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thanks for your take on Florida Law. It helps to have these details. It will be complex, no matter how the court case goes. Also, the MSM will gnaw on this case like a dog with a soup bone.

Des

edit on 11-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
This will only end in one way for Zimmerman, regardless of guilt or innocence, he will be made a scapegoat and out of fear of rioting, the jury will have no choice but to indict him.

It be best for him to not choose jury over judge.

just saying.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I appreciate the time you spent gathering up information and I was re-informed on certain laws via your post...

However, this is not a judicial issue, anymore, I'm afraid, but a *very large* political/social one.

Therefore, I have to agree with Juggernog's post:

Originally posted by Juggernog

Zimmerman is going down...right or wrong...I want to believe in justice; presentation of facts/evidence...but there is too much swirling around this case and the WH and the DOJ...and the FL Prosecutor was too hardily trying to convince herself that this has nothing to do with public pressure.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
and he best go for a speedy trail.

again. just saying.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Well sure it works together like that. Sharpton and his buddies stir up so much trouble that officials can be intimidated. With the possibility of violent retribution, who wants to put themselves in that position, with Panthers breathing down your neck. Occupy people and Unions have shown they are willing to go to people's homes and destroy property.
I would like to add though, Angela Corey is responsible for upholding the law, so if she caves to pressure, it better be on the right side of the law.
edit on 11-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Hopefully it'll be winter before things get done. Too cold to riot and riot they will one way or the other

Too cold to riot in Florida? Ever been here?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

2nd DEGREE MURDER

Carries 15 to LIFE

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by popsmayhem

2nd DEGREE MURDER

Carries 15 to LIFE

They WILL NOT get his head.

He can not get death penalty
or first degree
they can not have his head.
THEY will NOT get his head
that is justice.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The mob has come for Frankenstein's monster.

The MSM has called for Zimmerman's guilt.

Originally posted by popsmayhem

They WILL NOT get his head.

Who is THEY? The news got their story and Zim will get raped to death in prison. He is throw away.
edit on 11-4-2012 by zroth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join