It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which one should be banned: Hoodies, Veils, both or neither?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Out of all the things they can ban.. they choose hoodies..

Gosh.. this government fails on so many levels lol

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Neither. Clothes don't commit crimes. Why punish those of us who like hoodies? I'm not a thug. Why punish those who choose to follow a religious code?

Punish the criminals.

This type of stuff basically states we're all gang banging thugs and the only thing stopping us from murdering everyone is the lack of quality hoodies.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by BiggerPicture

This type of stuff basically states we're all gang banging thugs and the only thing stopping us from murdering everyone is the lack of quality hoodies.

I don't know about you, but the real reason I don't rob banks is because I just can't find the right pair of shoes.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
How about instead we just ban stupid people. That would put an end to all kinds of problems.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Hoodies don't cover faces.

to me they kinda do, i guess i was thinking of in dim metro lighting, my bad.

cuz then all can make out is eye whites and some front teeth.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Originally posted by eNumbra
Hoodies don't cover faces.

to me they kinda do, i guess i was thinking of in dim metro lighting, my bad.

cuz then all can make out is eye whites and some front teeth.

Perhaps the real problem then, is dim metro lighting.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
yea or i need to get stronger glasses.

maybe they should ban glasses too. as they can obscure the eyes and interfere with a positive ID.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hoodie's, veils, burka's, sunglass's, baseball caps all should be banned, they interfere with CCTV and facial recognition software. We need to know where your at all the time. War is peace. Slavery is freedom. Long live Comrade Obama.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ban hipster jeans..
If I can't wear them anymore ain't nobody!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Why should anyone be telling people what they can and cannot wear? This really pisses me off, if people want to bloody run down the road naked then why should they not be allowe, are we ashamed of our bodies?

The only reason why we have such a stupid veiw about clothing is because there are one or two people at the top who dont like it. Well I say who gives a monkey if they dont like what people wear, its got nothing to do with them.

If we spent more time being freindly amd not alienating people the world would be a wonderful place. But there are people at the top who, when they dont like something they push it really hard in the media to get a few more people so they can pass a draconian law.

That, my good friend, is an act of a tyrant, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
just don't ban my dust masks,

i'm a, whats the word - hypokondriac?

(among other things)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wearing a hoodie when it's 70 degrees doesn't make you a thug. Wearing a bikini top to the mall doesn't make you a slut. A pocket protector doesn't make you a nerd. Of course people will still perceive you that way despite your insistence that these fashion trends are perfectly normal.

I'm starting a new trend where you wear your shoes half off your feet.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Captain Obvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Trouble is there's loads of old folk who feel utterly intimidated by large gangs of kids loitering about with their hoods up, so yeah there's plenty of folks who would agree with the ban. Every Daily Mail reader for a start.

If they are banned I'm rather hoping people take up the day glo snood once more. You won't care about being mugged for laughing.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
My hoodies include - 2 pink ones ... a gray one ... a black one ... a black ghostie one from Gettysburg. My daughters include - 2 with school name ... a black one .. 2 pink ones .. one from D.C. and a ghostie one from Gettysburg. My husband has 3 or 4 of them. The neighbors all have them ... Everyone has them. How on earth can hoodies be banned for the general public? It can't happen. They are 'Americana'.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think we should all be banned from wearing hoodies, I also think we should be banned from wearing anything red as it might encourage anger.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I couldn't have said it any better than Flyersfan, Greeneyedleo and Neopan100 - these ideas about the banning of clothing or banning of handgun ownership are getting stupid. If you outlaw these things, then a lot of us are going to become outlaws. I have hoodies and guns and I'm an old(ish) white guy. It's not just the "inner city thugs" who own hoodies and guns. Sheesh. You'll end up with the "good guys" unarmed and cold and the "bad guys" will still have hoodies and be armed.

Maybe we should go with eNumbra's idea and ban clothing altogether! We'll all run around naked! I'm all for that one, but then there will be naked people running around that no one really wants to see naked.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
How about instead we just ban stupid people. That would put an end to all kinds of problems.

That would be a good idea, but then who would run the country or hold public office? Stupidity seems to be a job requirement for the president, members of congress and the house, and most governors.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It looks like they might have to ban tshirts too!

Banning an article of clothing is pretty stupid. The clothes don't commit crimes, the people in them do. Like trying to ban baggy pants. What is the point of it. We have really lost our way as a society when we have got the point of banning clothing. Banning anything as a reaction to an incident is stupid. Burquas, hoodies, baggy jeans or anything else. If someone wants to wear them, who am I, you or the government to say they can't.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
All a matter of location.

In situations where identity must be confirmed (like court, travel portals, etc.), then BOTH should be not allowed.

In all other cases, that should be up to the business itself whether to permit customers or employees on their premises with identity concealing attire.

Can I add banning the practice of wearing your pants so half your underwear shows? Seriously, these kids look like they crapped their pants. When is THAT fad going to end? Maybe the cops started it, so they're easier to catch after a crime?
edit on 11-4-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Can I add banning the practice of wearing your pants so half your underwear shows?
reply to post by Gazrok

Its far more comfy. Only one layer touching your skin. I cant wear pants unless my boxers are at least slightly above my pants line. I do wear shirts that conceal the top of my boxers so nobody knows.

For me its comfort,not fashion. Give it a try,its the only way to wear pants

But surely you dont really think the Government should tell us how to wear our pants. Or any other clothing for that matter. As long as there is nothing indecent I cant see the problem.

The identity thing I can see some sense in in certain situations.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join