It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which one should be banned: Hoodies, Veils, both or neither?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

- Hoodies are increasingly cover of choice in violence & crime as they help conceal a portion of the face, scull, neck, to escape possible later identification & charges.

- Hijabs/burka/niqab/veils are warn by many orthodox muslim and orthodox christian (eastern orthodox) women alike, for traditional, conservative modesty in public eye. But they conceal a portion of the face and may pose a id/security issue though they are not associated with any crime pattern

which would you ban in your country - one, the other, both, none and why?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Neither.

Let the people and the private companies determine it for themselves.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Can I vote "OTHER" and add T-Backs to the list?

Seriously, what we wear doesn't matter.

Funny costumes that people get arrested in
edit on 4/11/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well hoods on hoodies keep you dry when its raining so banning them is just stupid!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In general public ... none should be banned. In schools .. it's up to the school to determine what is appropriate and what isn't. In government buildings etc ... ditto ... it's up to them. If a police dept doesn't want it's officers in a veil but instead be in full uniform .. it's up to them. etc But in general ... no bannings.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If people had none of these, they would wear pantie hose, masks, or other fun items.

People are stupid if they think banning a product is good.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This whole conversation is ridiculous! Why ban something like a hoodie? So no hoodies = lower crime? Dumb...

I female and I wear a hoodie all the time..my ears get really cold and I don't like the knit caps around my hair because it crinkles it. The hoodie doesn't crinkle my hair and it keeps the wind off my ears

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

oh. my. god. enough with the dang hoodies!!!

can we please stop with the hoodies and veils!! its just like guns. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE...guns do not kill people! hoodies & veils do not kill people PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

removing hoddies and veils will do NOTHING....just like removing armed citizens will do NOTHING....

people will still kill people.

signed,
proud hoodie wearer

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on April 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Neither.
There are enough laws already.
For the veil, one of the issues is voting. You have to show that your face matches your ID. That can be done by having a woman check the face of the Muslim woman, in private.
In courtrooms, the veiled woman just has to suck it up, and show her face. It's Canadian law, if you're here in the country, our laws trump religious ways.

In northern climates, both genders sometimes cover their faces with scarves, it's too cold not to in some weather.

For hoodies, everyone wears hoodies, women, children, of all races, cultures, etc.
I wear a hoodie. I think they're comfy. I rarely have the hood up though.
They used to be called kangaroo jackets, or bunny hugs....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hats conceal hair, thus ban hats.
Shirts may conceal identifiable marks and tattoos, thus ban shirts.
Sunglasses conceal eyes, thus ban sunglasses.

All criminals wear clothes, therefore the only logical response is to ban clothing... what have you got to hide?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Has Corzine ( Mf global for those of you who don't get out much) been charged yet?
noe?
I think we ought to ban three piece suits

PS try to take my hoodie
you'll be wanting to ban knuckles and work boots next

edit on 11-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This reminds me of when I was a kid and they banned "gangster style" baseball caps. That is, hats worn backwards. Their logic was that we were displaying gang-like behavior and it needed to stop spreading to stop the spread of gang activity.

In truth, hats were worn backwards by baseball players in case it was becoming too distracting for them in the game..

Now the hoodie thing... is unfortunate. As a poker player, it is one of my most valuable tools in disguising my face and neck, preventing the leakage of "tells."

As a camper, it keeps my nice and warm, and dry on rainy days.

As a sick homebody, it keeps my comfy, and makes me feel about %10 better.

link   
No form of clothing should be banned. Although clothing which conceals your identity should not be worn when getting your picture taken for ID's or when going through some security check requiring the said photo ID (airports and passports for example). People should be allowed to wear whatever they want until there is a specific reason where concealing your identity is not appropriate. I know...What is appropriate?

link   
Nothing should be banned other than fraud and violence. Everything else should be legal. What a silly question to ask. I can't beleive I actually have to address something so ridiculous. Media distraction is very rampant these days.

link   
how are victims/survivors gonna identify 'hoodies' in a suspect lineup?

next it will be gangs of ski masked thugs in the streets is the norm and alot of shot-up cops..

and NO arrests/convinctions.

oh i forgot, America is all about the War on TERRORISM, not petty crime and murders.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think we need to ban heads.

They can be extremely intimidating and visually scary to people at times. Noses can also be used as a means of carrying and transporting coc aine.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Unclear MSM data should be banned. As far as clothes those dont make the person.. thats judging a book by its cover, YES?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Hoodies don't cover faces.

As such, return to my last post and see the problem with banning something innocuous because of a handful of undesirable types.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

next it will be gangs of ski masked thugs in the streets is the norm and alot of shot-up cops..

and NO arrests/convinctions.

oh i forgot, America is all about the War on TERRORISM, not petty crime and murders.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

really?
take way hoodies, you have ski masks. take away ski masks. you have homemade this or that. for all we know they will resort to TIN FOIL MASKS to hide their face.
i mean, come on!!

THAT is not the solution. hoodies does not equal = criminal. it just does not. and im sick of jackson and his supports making an issue of this. they have pushed and pushed and pushed to make hoodies equal black criminals. THEY DID THIS. those idiots are responsible for this!! do not support them!!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Some people seem to think its funny that laws are passed that tell us how high our pants must be worn. They will be telling us that we cant grow facial hair before we know it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join