It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PsyOps or MK Ultra in Action

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

That does not indicate insanity and it is only a line from a Stephen King movie though i am not positive it originated there but would not surprise me.

That is a quote from Einstein.
www.brainyquote.com...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I'm not just speaking about parents. I'm speaking about teachers, coaches, and anybody else who freely comments (positively or negatively) about a person's abilities. Nobody deserves to be talked down to. The best thing my mother ever taught me was to not allow anyone to walk on me and I have always stuck up for myself. I can handle constructive criticism and welcome it because I can learn from it. If someone speaks to me in an abusive manner, I have no problems telling them where to go and what to do when they get there. I truly have no tolerance for it and nobody should.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Usually I just have a peculiar sense of humor, hence the Insanity statement. I don't really get hurt by criticism, though I can see where it might seem that way. I see people being told they are no good or not as good, but I just don't see it that way.

What I see is that a person is exactly as good as they need to be. One basketball player might not make the shot as often as another, but to me this does not mean he's not as good only that he's not supposed to make those shots as often as another. I see that one atom effects another and if the atoms that make up said basketball are not supposed to collide with the atoms that make up the hoop than so be it.

A person that makes a smaller percentage of shots can train to make more, but only if that's what he wants, not because he thinks he's worth less if he doesn't. If he'd like to make more shots he can work on it, but the missed shots serve their purpose just the same as the shots that make the goal, we learn from our mistakes. I do not fear my mistakes, I cherish them.

People tend to ridicule others for their mistakes, not that they haven't made their own mistakes, but even if not, why ridicule something that is necessary?

I make artwork and sometimes people critique it and say "that's the world of art you get critiqued" and that's fine with me, but then when I critique their critique it's "oh you must just be hurt by what I said." No I just disagree, but apparently it is you who cannot handle my critique.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Symbiot because: missed comma bugged me

Edit: In respect to basketball and other such things, some times people just have a bad day. I look at Tiger Woods these days and he's just not performing as well as he did in the past. He's not no good anymore, clearly he's learned the skills so why is he not making the cup as often as he used to? I think it's because he's trying to hard to live up to the standards others have set for him. Golf was a game, now it's a job.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Malcher

I'm not just speaking about parents. I'm speaking about teachers, coaches, and anybody else who freely comments (positively or negatively) about a person's abilities. Nobody deserves to be talked down to. The best thing my mother ever taught me was to not allow anyone to walk on me and I have always stuck up for myself. I can handle constructive criticism and welcome it because I can learn from it. If someone speaks to me in an abusive manner, I have no problems telling them where to go and what to do when they get there. I truly have no tolerance for it and nobody should.

It depends on the circumstances. If you are in a business meeting or just going to classes and someone calls you names or antagonizes you then it should be brought to the attention of others or dealt with if it does become abusive. If you join a rugby team and expect everyone to hug you when you make a mistake that would be very unreasonable and i think the OP's example leans more towards rugby team.

As far as the quote, does not matter to me who said it first. I really dont see much truth in it and think my lottery ticket shows that it really is not true and certainly not in all cases.

If i only see one shoe and it is a blue shoe does that mean i should think all shoes are blue?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Same here actually, I use parents as an example because I think people tend to avoid that example, but yes teachers, coaches, managers, etc all use similar practices. They think they're trying to make someone better, but I think they forget that those someone's want to learn and don't need to be put down in order to bring themselves up.

A student in school often feels like they are no good or less of a worth while person if they cannot score a "decent" grade in one class or another. Just because someone is not wired for mathematics does not mean they deserve to fail high school. Albert Einstein hello? Some people just don't care for any of the courses offered in standard schools, but they are still worth while to society in my eyes they need only find that which it is they excel at.

Edit: If a person decides they like collecting dung and excel at collecting dung society is likely to think they're crazy. Society probably will let this person die as they will give this person no money, but where would the world be without the dung beetle? Just because society says it need not be does not mean it need not be.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

People tend to ridicule others for their mistakes, not that they haven't made their own mistakes, but even if not, why ridicule something that is necessary?

We all ridicule people at some time, if not in front of them then behind their backs...well i doubt many people do not. If this is a regular aspect of a persons personality then it is an issue for them and they should look into it becuase that would indicate some type of emotional \ mental problem.

Why is your own criticism of others acceptable and their criticism of you not acceptable or it is some psychological \ psy-op aspect to it? In a military or police training situation they look to weed out people who react to harsh comments and abuse in a way that is considered an over reaction or if they counter verbal abuse with punching someone out. They try to see if you can handle it because that will indicate how you deal with the public.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I don't recall saying that other's critiques of me are wrong and mine of them is correct. I think there is a difference between criticism and critique. A critique, to me, says "there is nothing wrong with what I see here, but I do not like it and here is why." A criticism says "This is wrong and you are wrong."

You see just because someone does not like hot dogs does not mean they are wrong, only that this particular individual does not like them. Some like it hot and some like it cold, but neither is right or wrong.

So are you saying that it's perfectly okay for a person to critique me, but not okay for me to critique back? If someone tells me my artwork is wrong I will tell them that I think their critique is incorrect. If someone tells me they do not like my artwork then I will say that's fine, perhaps I will take your advice in the future and perhaps I won't.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There are difference between the two and the link below does a good job explaining them.

public.wsu.edu...

What i am saying is we notice negative responses directed at us but may not notice when we critique or criticize others or their work. People give critiques when no one asked them to as well.

To be honest people who have that mindset are usually bullies themselves or have a tendency to "bully" others. If you can take harsh criticism and look the other way usually that person is not going to be a bully or a more appropriate word for it is harassment.

If someone rattles of a bunch of negative comments directed at me i may take it personally and not notice when i do it to someone else or it just may not matter to me.

Another point i was making is if you cannot take negative comments in stride you should not look to take certain jobs. I dont see any PsyOps or MK Ultra in that...just reality.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

What I am saying is that there is no need for harsh criticism. I believe that harsh criticism not only hurts the person being criticized but also the one issuing the criticism. I have nothing against a critique, if you want to tell me why you don't like my work that's fine, I might work to bring something about that is more to your tastes and I might not, but if you don't tell me your tastes then I'm quite unlikely to bring something about that you like.

I see nothing wrong if two people have different tastes, in fact I think that's as normal as it gets, but for one to say the other is wrong or insult the other then he is, perhaps unknowingly, trying to take away the others individuality which hurts society as a whole. It hurts society as a whole because there are probably others out there that do like his style and now will be deprived of that because he's been beaten into using a different style.

I actually created two works of art and posted them on an artists web-site. One a more realistic grassy hill and the other a more painted looking grassy hill. One poster told me the painted one was wrong, but the realistic one was right. I disagreed that it was wrong, but agreed that he obviously did not like it. I have both available for download on my web-site and the painted one has been downloaded more than the realistic one, so I guess it wasn't wrong then now was it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I agree that everyone belongs somewhere. It just takes some people longer to realize this. If someone is ridiculing you and this causes you to decide to move on, maybe this is the role this person is supposed to play in life and, in turn, the person who has abandoned the sport/group/club/etc. will be better off.. The abusive person who has caused this person to move on has accepted that they are the group's catalyst and it's their duty to get rid of the ones who don't belong. I certainly will never condone this role, but I won't say that it never serves any purpose. These types of people will discover in the end that you do get treated in the same way you've treated others. I'm actually seeing this first hand right now and it's not pretty. I feel very bad for the person I'm speaking about because I still love them, but this person is now finding out that their situation would be quite different had they not been so cruel to those they were close to.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I've seen some rare threads about this same sort of thing but they seem to get moved or locked. I'm not suggesting a conspiracy but it sounds dangerous.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I know.
I was thinking the same thing. It's as though the T&Cs are purposefully designed so that certain topics cannot be discussed. I've often wondered why ATS doesn't have a forum for adult material. At least this way, topics that include vulgar material can be discussed as long as the discussions remain mature and civilized. Although the thread I did on the topic I brought up earlier, a mod was defending the group as were many other members. I eventually abandoned the thread because everyone was asking for proof of this and that, but every time I linked to proof, the post was removed for a T&C violation. How can you have a discussion about a serious topic if all the evidence is considered violations of the rules? You can't, so the majority of the population cannot learn about such groups and their real agendas. It's sad really.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Agendas? There are a wide variety of groups in the world, all competing for control. They hate each other as much as they hate the rest of us. No one will ever take over the world, there are too many people trying to do so and none of them can agree with each other.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
By the way, Malcher, regarding the difference between criticism and critique. Am I speaking English? I am not, I am speaking my own language that only closely resembles English. I gave you my definition and if you wish to read my language then reading my definition would be of benefit. If you wish to believe that I am not speaking my own language, but instead speaking incorrect English then you will not understand me.

Travel the world and see that sometimes it is soda, sometimes it is pop, others it is soda pop and even still might just be entirely different and yet the same thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Michael Aquino of the Temple of Set (formerly Church of Satan)

Excerpts from MINDWAR by Lt. Col. Michael Aquino and Col. Paul Vallely

letsrollforums.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

It is on rare occasion that I follow a link posted on a forum, especially on places such as ATS, but I did this time and found that to be accurate. There was a time when I noticed that I had become tired and the purpose of such appeared so that I would be more willing to accept what I was reading. That is in a tired state the mind is less likely to put information through the full logical considerations, or simply, information marches in with less resistance.

I noticed this then, but since I had not noticed ever since I figured perhaps I was mistaken. Clearly I was not, it did happen one more time after a facebook comment that I had planned on removing anyway. After the comment the sensation was significantly more intense, causing serious nausea.

By the by the third dream that night was of a UFO that turned into a media helicopter. I get it now. Do you?
edit on 14-4-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

It is on rare occasion that I follow a link posted on a forum, especially on places such as ATS, but I did this time and found that to be accurate. There was a time when I noticed that I had become tired and the purpose of such appeared so that I would be more willing to accept what I was reading. That is in a tired state the mind is less likely to put information through the full logical considerations, or simply, information marches in with less resistance.

I noticed this then, but since I had not noticed ever since I figured perhaps I was mistaken. Clearly I was not, it did happen one more time after a facebook comment that I had planned on removing anyway. After the comment the sensation was significantly more intense, causing serious nausea.

By the by the third dream that night was of a UFO that turned into a media helicopter. I get it now. Do you?

I know what you mean about tiredness and not thinking things through
Not sure what your dream infers - I believe dreams are personal to the dreamer and only they can truly interpret their meaning - I get some things yes and try keep things simple - The truth of things can be scary yet the Truth in regards of the soul is not - Satan can be scary to some but not me as satan is not real but Satanists are real
but so are enlightened beings who understand that all is how it should be and there is a something true that controls the controllers beyond their sickness of mind
edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I met Him before I met them and they know that and know that I know that. The controllers never had control, they died long ago. Dead before they even knew what death was. Who is in control? Ultimately there is a higher power, but he allows them to hurt themselves so they may learn why they should not.

Edit: The part in the link regarding massive media efforts is only slightly true. The upper class only works together when they each believe it to be in their best interests, most of the time they don't coordinate their efforts with each other. The use of the word Romans is partly true, technically Roman as it is in the image of Rome, but any connection to goals of ancient Rome is long gone. Roman emperors only ever did anything for their own personal benefit. If they ever continued the strategy of a prior emperor it was because they felt it was to their benefit, they cared not for the continuance of Rome only their own personal power.

Edit: The 'powers that be' are not nearly as powerful as they would have you believe. Do they have scientifically researched methods and technology, yes, but they are not nearly as powerful as they would have you believe. I removed said facebook post because I had already planned on doing so, all they did was make me tired and nauseous, whoopeddydo.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

What you say makes sense, real sense.
Power for self blinds the soul in such affairs as empires both large and small and individual
Back stabbing is the way of courtly power - historical and hysterical power lust - what is in it for self.
Yet there is another way to gain power true power of ones soul but this is not a lord it is a servant
Walk a mile in the shoes of those elites who are indoctrinated and I would rather crawl a thousand miles naked.
There's is not a joyful lot so joylessness are their lands

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I would not in a million years wish to walk a mile in their shoes.

Edit: By the by, for those that know what I'm talking about, I did consider making a post about that bomber of yours. I figured it would've been more of a jerk move, slightly rude actually since such a post wouldn't really have any purpose other than to piss a few people off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join