It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Fireball Falling From The Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

April Fireball Falling From The Sky

www.huffingtonpost.com

A great ball of fire streaked across the Texas sky during the daytime last week, much to the surprise of thousands of people who witnessed it. So bright that it looked "like a little piece of the sun falling," as one San Antonio resident told the local news station, the rare daytime meteor event was yet another example of the scientific mystery known as spring fireball season.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have never ever heard of APRIL being SPING FIREBALL SEASON and even though Nasa claims it as so, I can't find any documentation to support it. Now, when the significant other watched the news clip with me, the first thing out of the mouth was SPACESHIP CRASHING, and the significant other is not a conspiracy nut, or watching the sky for aliens or any of that mess. I have to admit, since I've seen comets and meteors come into the planet in real time, I have never seen something like this and it looks like something coming in crashing hardcore that maybe doesn't fit the cookie cutter explanation. What do you guys think?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Texas fireball not a meteor

Just a sunlit contrail.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
These are sats of the older generation that are getting scorched by CMEs.

It takes several weeks once they are damages to fall low enough to crash. They dont tell anyone because there is some nasty toxic stuff inside them that was never meant to come back here.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Although there have been numerous sightings on April 2 in Texas, this particular example is not a meteor. In fact, it’s not from space at all. It’s a contrail highlighted by the orange hue of sunset.

As mentioned by Discovery News’ Jason Major, there were indeed sightings of a meteor over Texas on April 2, but this particular eyewitness video footage was not it.

at least put that part into your post also.
edit on 10-4-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: one more..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wonder if this will be happening everywhere...........

Reminds me of "Battle Los Angeles"

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89

As mentioned by Discovery News’ Jason Major, there were indeed sightings of a meteor over Texas on April 2, but this particular eyewitness video footage was not it.

at least put that into your post also.

Why?

the Huff post video is this footage of a contrail and nothing at all to do with actual meteor sightings.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

because its just this particular news story that is the contrail sighting, at the end of the video the reporter says there are numerous witnesses in multiple towns, hence there WAS a fireball and that was not the correct picture, your post would suggest the entire event is fictitious and people in san antonio and three or four other towns saw a contrail (which we would see everyday?) when in fact it was just this instance.Yes you have called the news story out but that does not imply everybody else saw the same thing. That is the only reason why. even in the link you provided it clearly states there was a fireball and that was not it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Did you bother to look at the video Huff Post were saying was a fireball??

THAT VIDEO is what the article is about - not anything else.

Of course people saw it from various towns - it was probably 30,000 feet or more in the air - you could see it from anywhere within 200 or so miles either side of the flightpath!!
edit on 10-4-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Please look at the video clip. I assumed people who read the article would look at the video with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think it's fascinating. My BS meter went off when I watched the news earlier and they said it's normal now that it's: April fireball season

I watched the video earlier and seem to remember them saying that the video was not of the actual object that day. I will look again later to make sure. If it's not, I hope someone took a picture and will come out with it. I'd love to see it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
sorry, why is this an issue at all? don't meteors fall all the time? most of them too small to reach earth and/or be collected, but....still....

The sky is always falling.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hmmmm......

Seems to me that " jet contrail " is the new " weather balloon ". I would think that a country who has grown up for three generations with air travel, seeing jet contrails on a daily basis, would know what one looks like and wouldn't keep mistaking it for a missile, or random fireball, or meteor or what have you.

If NASA says it's a " jet contrail " then it must be so.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have seen meteors because I used to spend a lot of time outside at night, and I'm a werewolf, kidding! Why even use that video of "fireball" to mislead? You WILL know when you see one, there is no mistaking one. My eyewitness account is as follows:

I'm a night owl and used to work graveyard/nights only, and witnessed two bona-fide meteors. They looked like mountain tops moving at unbelievable speeds, because they did several sonic booms before I even looked up. The light show was like a Sparkler firework, with every hue of light. Both times they were traveling WNW to ESE is my best way to describe it. "Snap, crackle, pop" and sonic boom is a sure sign to look up, I even ducked because it was so big. Peace, Xenongod

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leigh3
April fireball season

Every year in April you get the Lyrid Meteor Shower... that usually produces nice fireballs so yeah April is fireball season...

However... this video is a contrail catching evening sunlight

The really sad thing is that main stream media cannot tell the difference

April 18 2008

Green fireball Peekskill New York This one hit a car

Airplane Contrail ay Sunset

edit on 11-4-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i've seen one of the green ones fireballs. cant be military because i live in NZ and our military is a joke

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
They did say it's a jet contrail LOL. They should have left it at "fireball" which would have been believable.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchPlayer
I can't find any documentation to support it.

Here you go:

The frequency at which fireballs appear varies in several ways. First of all there is a distinct increase of brighter meteors within some showers (see below). Then, there is a seasonal variation: around the time of the vernal equinox, fireball rates are about three times the rates seen around the autumnal equinox in the northern hemisphere. This ratio was derived by Halliday and Griffin (1982) for meteorite falls; it was proven by Rendtel and Knöfel (1989) for visual and photographic fireballs.

Source: Annual and diurnal variations in fireball rates

Originally posted by zorgon
Every year in April you get the Lyrid Meteor Shower... that usually produces nice fireballs so yeah April is fireball season...

No - that is totally wrong zorgon.

Read the external quote above - The variation in fireball rates has nothing to do with annual meteor showers like the Lyrids..

Apples and oranges - big fireballs tend to be caused by asteroidal material, whilst annual meteor showers like the Lyrids are caused by cometary sources.

The Lyrids aren't even known for their fireballs (although Lyrid fireballs do occur occasionally), compared to other showers like the Taurids and the Perseids.

However... this video is a contrail catching evening sunlight

Agreed.

The really sad thing is that main stream media cannot tell the difference

Nor can half the population it seems, but the media have no excuse for failing to check what they are putting out there - which is nothing new n my experience.

edit on 16-4-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Regardless of what it might be the videos have been removed. Which is stupid, because if it is nothing but a sunlit contrail and those being common then the videos shouldn't be removed...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Here you go - the footage starts about 42 seconds into the clip.

edit on 16-4-2012 by FireballStorm because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join