It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Imbeciles Thought the Titanic Disaster Was Just a Movie

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ha ha ... try explaining the TRUTH behind the INTENTIONAL SINKING of the Titanic and how that single event assured the Federal Reserve Bank would rise up and claim a once free nation.... Titanic, Moon landing... 9/11 ... all lies.
Maybe its good that they do not know anything about these things. Who wants to teach their children the ways of the evil satanic murdering people who own them?

Just let them die stupid, because trust me... if they "knew" they would still graze the herd and slowly file through the slaughter house.

Stupid Americans.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Stupid Americans.

That comment is completely uncalled for.
I'm pretty sure there are stupid people in every single corner of this globe.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am honestly not surprised that people have no idea that it was based on a true event. People are way to caught up in themselves and how they are are perceived on facebook to give a crap about history.

Oh and I actually found a real pic of the captain of the RMS Titanic. (Remember this is a hundred year old picture so it's kinda grainy)
edit on 11-4-2012 by TheEndIsNear421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Half of them were more than likely being sarcastic. But even if they weren't, I mean, the Titanic wasn't really an important event. It was just a shipwreck. This thread is just a bunch of people wanting to feel they are better than other people.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
the Titanic wasn't really an important event. It was just a shipwreck.

HUNDREDS LOST THERE LIVES I SUPPOSE IT DOES NOT MATTER TO YOU

MIGHT DO IF YOU WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHOS GRANDPARENTS

DIED. ON THE SAID VESSEL ?.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I think these imbeciles have head their heads in the sand to long

or buried in the social NETWORK gibber since adolescence !

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Why do people need to know about a ship disaster that occurred 100 years ago?

They don't.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Interesting family legend: my great grandfather was supposed to sail to America on the Titanic, he was originally from Poland but living and working as a tailor in England. His boss at the time told him he couldn't spare him and begged him to stay working for him for a few more months, just until he got things in order and could find a good replacement for him. They were friends, so my great grandfather agreed so as not to leave the guy in the lurch and decided to take a later ship.

Good thing, too, because I'm sure he would have been one of those poor saps in steerage who were all doomed to have no place on any lifeboat. Had he died he would have never met my great grandmother and I would have never been born.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Even stranger than these teens never having heard of the Titanic, is that the federal reserve was established right after it sank; and aboard the Titanic, were three of the richest people in the world- who opposed it. Benjamin Guggenheim, Isa Strauss, and Jacob Astor, all three died on the ship. Probably before it even sank... I think i want to go see the 3D version and see if they mention that in the movie.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Jesus Christ. This thread got even worse.

I hope you people make fun of someone to their face one day when it is revealed that they have a gap in knowledge that you consider to be mandatory. This thread is seriously, seriously wrong. You people need to have the crap slapped out of you for your unabashed self righteousness..

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
ATS = people that hate the "elites" but are elitists themselves

ironic

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Half of them were more than likely being sarcastic. But even if they weren't, I mean, the Titanic wasn't really an important event. It was just a shipwreck. This thread is just a bunch of people wanting to feel they are better than other people.

Really? Really?
If that makes you feel better about the general ignorance that exists in this world, more power to you.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

No, a shipwreck that happened 100 years ago isn't very important. People die in car wrecks everyday.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

People don't even know who their leaders are. They are too self absorbed in their petty affairs to actually pick up a book and read, learn.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

If it was some major historical important event people were ignorant about I would care. People not knowing about a shipwreck that happened a century ago is not really that important. You do realize there are tons of things you do not know at this moment that you will learn in the future. I'm not going to degrade someone because they know less than me. That is a disgusting elitist attribute.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Oh, I certainly don't claim to know everything. I'd be a fool too make such a claim. However, some things are basic. This is one of them. I knew about the titanic when I was in the second grade.... I mean, come on!!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
it wasnt just a movie

it was also an INSIDE JOB!!!!!!

people these days think these kind of things just accidently happen dont they???

weve got alot of learning to do, and this is actually coming from a young person

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The World has always had stupid people and it probably always will. The big difference is nowadays thanks to the internet these stupid people get to express themselves a lot more.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

reply to post by denver22

No, a shipwreck that happened 100 years ago isn't very important. People die in car wrecks everyday.

Not only is the knowledge of the titanic irrelevant to ANYTHING that could be considered useful knowledge except to a select few. But we also have people here who equate "Lack of familiarity with an old boat = idiots I am smarter than."

This thread was made for the specific purpose of looking down on individuals who none of us have ever met, much less have had the chance to truly examine their intellectual prowess.

edit on 11-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

when i was a little kid, (i'm in my 40s) my next door neighbor was a lady who almost went on the titanic. she was very glad she changed her plans.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join