It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Imbeciles Thought the Titanic Disaster Was Just a Movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

This is deserving of a Beezzer Facie Award.

(Actual photo of the Titanic's captain)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Fear not, these folks know it was real..
www.dailymail.co.uk...

HAHAHA "I'm here to represent the children and pets."
Ok luv, whatever you say.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is a lie and you know it.
Smiffy had an awesome beard.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by beezzer

That is a lie and you know it.
Smiffy had an awesome beard.

You're right. I apologise.

For those who don't know what the actual captain of the Titanic looked like, here's a photo.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by artistpoet

Err... Well, actually.. You only know what you're told AND what you choose to put the effort into learning...

It's that SECOND part no one seems to bother with anymore and if we're relying on a public school education to take the place of personal curiosity and learning for the sheer joy of learning..then we are doomed and maybe we deserve to be at this point in history.

True about learning yet assumption to call someone an imbecile as the op does for not knowing a certain historical fact.
Would knowing that the sinking of the titanic was real save us from the doom you speak of.
Does anyone know those kids well enough to call them imbeciles?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So they've sat through this film any number of times and yet haven't had the least bit of nouce to ask a parent, a friend, a teacher or had the wit to panhandle a clue by googling and only discover now when it's all over the bloody place. Yeah sounds like an imbecile to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
this is just pathetic. it basically says that the youth these days think that everything in the world was created for their entertainment. what i mean by this is that they live in this made for consumption bubble where they literally think that everything they see was created for entertainment, as if the world revolved around their miniscule experience and understanding. I bet these morons think WW2 was just a movie too. anne frank was just a book and wasn't about anything in real life.

titanic a fake movie, but the kardashians they're the real deal. man what a pathetic world our media has created. And people wonder why the aliens don't come down and contact us. Hello they're looking for intelligent life. nothing to see here on this planet, lets see what epsilon eridani has. maybe they have intelligent life, continue the galactic survey, earth = fail.

I say we make a movie called "You're So Vapid and Stupid" it will just be a collection of peoples tweets and facebook pages. every few seconds maybe a image of a famous celebrity to round off the stupidity.
edit on 10-4-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
So they've sat through this film any number of times and yet haven't had the least bit of nouce to ask a parent, a friend, a teacher or had the wit to panhandle a clue by googling and only discover now when it's all over the bloody place. Yeah sounds like an imbecile to me.

Why should they if they thought the film was fictional - Maybe the director is an imbecile for not stating this film is based on a real historical event or did he? - as I would not know because I never saw the film.

link   
reply to post by Juston

This is what happens when you mix facebook and subcultures that pride theirself on being ignorant. Still to this day why I don't have one x:

link   
anyone else notice how they mostly have the same thought patterns and are all seeking the same types of validation?

it's widespread.
edit on 10-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
seems to me the loosening of information on a mass scale has played it's part. i remember watching a film about it as a kid and reading a book, yes reading a funky old book describing it.
the kids? well consider the vast ocean of information out there that everyone sails over looking for something to float their boat!

who are the kardistans?....i jest.

f.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Is it me or does Facebook seem to dumb people down as a whole? Social engineering project, pffft. It may have started as one but now it seems like it's primarilly a way to keep the masses dumbed down and oblivious so they can be more easilly manipulated.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The OP is NOT making any sort of assumption. how stupid a comment is that. He's making a conclusion. they are clearly idiots. don't apologize for their obvious failings. the world needs less dips like these tweeters and we as a species would be much better off.

Look if you saw a person continuously trying to stick their hand in fire although they keep getting burned, you would come to the right conclusion that this person is intellectually deficient. and it would be the correct one too. sometimes you have to call a horse a horse. I know nobody has ever told these morons that they are idiots and it must be as big a shock to them as discovering that the titanic was a real incident. but it's inexcusable for the population to be as dumb as they are these days. they deserve to be called what they are. brain dead unthinking morons.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

There really is no excuse for them being that stupid other than sheer laziness. Because apparently reading a book is so bloody hard, yet these teens can use their fancy new little latest iphone to do ANYTHING. As technology seems to advance, it seems that people on a mass scale lose intelligence, is this the price we pay for making things easier?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Would knowing that the sinking of the titanic was real save us from the doom you speak of.
Does anyone know those kids well enough to call them imbeciles?

Perhaps that sums up the whole problem right there. When going to school, I was one of the odd ducks... When the teachers bored me I'd flip through an encylopedia or something similar just to pass the time. Learning was enough for it's own sake..and I've always had a thirst for knowledge without necessarily having to come up with a reason I need to know it.

By contrast..these days.. You're right in how you ask that. I suppose in looking around, that is what it's come to in a world on standardized everything and cookie cutter classifications on everyone. If there isn't a REASON or a test to pass which makes knowing something important, it isn't worth reading about.
That...is a sad state of affairs.

I don't blame the kids for not knowing. Ignorance isn't something to blame unless it's knowledge one was offered and turned down. I WOULD consider the word imbecile to be accurate enough for the light hearted and almost comic way the subject of not knowing this seemed to be handled though. I'd be horrified, not amused to learn friends of mine honestly didn't know the ship existed.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
The OP is NOT making any sort of assumption. how stupid a comment is that. He's making a conclusion. they are clearly idiots. don't apologize for their obvious failings. the world needs less dips like these tweeters and we as a species would be much better off.

Look if you saw a person continuously trying to stick their hand in fire although they keep getting burned, you would come to the right conclusion that this person is intellectually deficient. and it would be the correct one too. sometimes you have to call a horse a horse. I know nobody has ever told these morons that they are idiots and it must be as big a shock to them as discovering that the titanic was a real incident. but it's inexcusable for the population to be as dumb as they are these days. they deserve to be called what they are. brain dead unthinking morons.

I assume you are directing your comments at me BASSPLYR.
These kids are the product of our society - our education system - so should we not look at the root of the problem rather than the symptom - All to easy to dismiss these kids in an insulting fashion - I have worked with children and teenagers - supposed tear aways - yet take a genuine interest and show these kids something new and the response is always positive and fruitful - yet call them idiots and imbeciles and yes they will be that for you also.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is why the human race makes the same stupid mistakes over and over!. Every 2 or 3 generations there seems to be some kind of memory loss about the lessons of the past. Then lo and behold! what happens we make them all over again! Studying human history should mandatory for every person on the planet for every generation. That way there might just be some remote possibility that we wouldn't keep screwing things up. Give it 25 years and the next set of teenagers will be saying 'WW2!? Was that real!? I thought it was just a movie', 50 years and it will be '9/11! did that really happen!? I thought it just a movie.'

The Human Race (Although these days maybe not so much of a 'race'... more like a 'walk'), bunch of intelligent monkey's with a short memory and to much free time!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
an interesting thought. i will be aware from now on as to how many people i see actually reading books and the age also. come to think of it, other than grandson i cannot think of anyone under thirty years of age i know of who actually read books.

is this a casting adrift of important knowledge only to be saved and kept in secluded monasteries in remote areas futurewise?

f.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I do see the funny side of this and I think the kids did too.
Hell - I am an artist and when at Art school was told write a critical essay on the Mona Lisa - I thought yep I will be critical and simply wrote - "The Mona Lisa is a boring painting"
I really thought so at the time - yet being an old fart I have come to appreciate Leonardo's (Not de caprio but Da Vinci's) work
Guess I could have been called an imbecile too - but the devil in me was winding the Tutor up.

edit on 10-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo cos i am an imbecile

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Look at this thread. You people are far too self righteous.

Also, it is clearly obvious most were joking.

"OMG the titanic was real???" Seriously, cant you guys understand sarcasm?

It most certainly IS NOT clearly obvious they are "joking"

Have you spoken to anyone around the age of 12-16 lately?
Not implying the entire generation is doomed, but I have been witness to more than a few kids in this age group and I've often wondered if they are developmentally challenged.. then realize, no they are just plain STUPID

This is how things really are. Feel free to be shocked. Or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join