It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All ATS Member: Who's a Man And Who's a Woman???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
This thread is only for those who want to set things straight. If you want to stay hidden behind an androgynous avatar, then I suggest you something real simple:
Wait for it, wait for it (it's dramatic!), wait for it...
Here it goes:
DON'T COMMENT!

Hello swan001,

Perhaps you should give some background information on why you started this thread...It might help.

I recall a recent thread you posted on that talked about men pretending to be female members.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In this lifetime I am a woman. Next time who knows.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well i'm a Cyberdyne Systems Series 800 Model 101 Version 2.4 rom only disabled

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Whoa! I've always thought Byrd was a dude.

Didn't affect our discourse, mind you, but I've always assumed Byrd was male.

I've been on ATS for several years, and the first few years when I had a different name & avatar everybody thought I was a guy.

Girls are supposed to be stupid, doncha' know?

There ain't no basement in the Alamo and there sure as hell ain't no girls on the internet you big dummy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am a guy. That should be obvious, what girl would have an avatar like mine? Btw, if you find a girl who would have an avatar like mine I want her phone number.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

You're cute! I thought it was from a tv show.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm a rat. A male rat. I like beer.

(Just kidding. I'm a 43 year old man who likes rats. The rat in my avatar has passed on.)

My present rat:

edit on 10-4-2012 by godspetrat because: photo.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

It was a long standing member who clued me in. I learned after that not to assume on ATS.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

shimmy shimmy

Whateva

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nope, a photo shoot with my sister actually but thank you.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread.
I've had a couple situations where I've talked to a member in U2U to find they were the other gender than I thought and that has gone both directions. It was a bit humorous but the point is sure valid about it being nice to see a profile field or something for Male/Female. Make it optional like location is, just limited for option so "Sex:" for even "Gender:" don't have free form fields. lol.. That could get wild for the short time it lasted,

The Wrabbit is a boy bunny, by the way.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am Saint King Lizard Santa Clause, (abbreviated buni11687)

I also happen to lay eggs. That means im a male

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Time4aChange

I BLAME it on auto-correct!!

No seriously, you cought me. I couldn't think of the word "gender" at the time. Can't tell me you never had one of those moments you couldn't think of the word but you knew what it was, well that's what happened to me

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

It doesn't really matter what the gender of who you are talking to is. And besides, most user names reflect gender if you read into them enough. I guess your english is not so good though, so might I suggest just asking and see how far that gets ya.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Saved for later.

2nd

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Really, a woman can't be made to be able to impregnate a woman, and a man can't be made to be able to be impregnated (it's not a tumor). This has to do with people with "sex" changes. But to me, it's just a form of mutilation, and just made to "look" like the other sex.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
This thread is only for those who want to set things straight. If you want to stay hidden behind an androgynous avatar, then I suggest you something real simple:
Wait for it, wait for it (it's dramatic!), wait for it...
Here it goes:
DON'T COMMENT!

Well, let's see I changed my avatar to a self made one fitting my feelings at the current time. I suspect the purple gives it away. My older avatars were artwork with women in them. Apparently those avatars didn't settle well with males or they apparently like them too much.

Some older members here can well say if I am male or female

edit on 10-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Actually if your male or female, it does determine how you are treated. People do it subconciously or even conciously.If your a female and come off as bitchy, you even get the typical sexist responses such as, are you ragging or something?

I have run experiments and you do get starred and flagged more if people perceive you as male.

I agree mostly. Though, I have not done an intentional test for it, I have compared reaction of posts with a "gender genie". My male sounding replies generate more response, star or comment than female replies. I'd suspect that is do to a bit more men being on the site and how they relate more to what they read.
edit on 10-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
reply to post by swan001

I will be whatever you want me to be sweety. If the price is right of course.

This literally made me
out loud.Seriously though,op,it doesn't matter.This isn't a dating site.I don't care what sex you or any of the other posters are.All that matters is if I enjoy your posts/threads.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Funny, I thought this was going to be a thread about transgenders, such as the guy/gal that recently was allowed into the Canadian beauty contest, having had hormone therapy since age 14 and a sex change two year ago. I'm not sure what this means though........ if you believe with all you heart that you are an alien, does that make you an alien? Does having hormones and a sex change make you into a woman from a man or vice versa? Is it all in their heads? As I said...... if you are what you believe, and its as simple as that..... there are more aliens among us than we thought!

Now..... as far as the actual meaning of the thread goes...... as it is said men and women are wired differently and generally raised socially and culturally different than each other, we should expect each of the sexes to think differently than each other in a certain number of aspects. So, the opinions expressed in ATS most likely skew in such a fashion. However, I believe its just as relevant or irrelevant as age and race and political leaning.

We express our opinions formed from our observations and experiences and thoughts and hopes and it can all depend on whether it was a good or bad day for us. Revealing our sex or race or religious persuasion or political leaning shouldn't be forced, only voluntary and not necessarily all times or no times. We can mention personal information in a single thread and not necessarily make it a part of our avatar. There is so much mud slinging in here, why make yourself a target at times? I say, reveal what you wish, when you wish, and be private when you wish as well.
edit on 10-4-2012 by jaxnmarko because: paragraphing

edit on 10-4-2012 by jaxnmarko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join