It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All ATS Member: Who's a Man And Who's a Woman???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm a lady

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Beautiful avatar!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So, I ask the question, so that everyone can finally get it straight: Are you a man, or a woman? The list of your answers would probably help to stop confusion.

The "confusion" you are speaking of, comes from people making assumptions. We've all done it I suppose. I thought Byrd was a male for some time. That's what I get for making an assumption.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm a female ..But this is a conspiracy board not a place to sit and wonder who is a girl or a guy i don't care who i talk to gender means nothing to me it all boils down to mutual respect..
I have to wonder why you want to know who is female or male are you attempting to use this as a dating site if so im sure you wont get far this is not a sleazy chat site i have to wonder if your fishing for females? peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
When in doubt ask a professional.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well personally I'm a 100% red blooded 34 year old English bloke! sadly with no missus at the moment, but I'm always on the lookout for a future ex!

Not that sex really matters on a site like this... Well I guess it might matter if you happen to carefully craft flirty posts to someone you think is a woman only to find out... SHE'S NOT!

Seriously, in my opinion it doesn't matter. On a site like ATS I'm more interested in what people have to say than what sex/sexuality they are. People want to pretend? let them. It's a free world. I say live and let live.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This not about dating. This is not about ''women have less speech weight than man''. It's a simple, innocent, invitation to those who want to specify what they are. Only those who want to. The other members can stop thinking dirty things.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
this is an automatic response.

[email protected]

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I have thought about this, and I see both sides of the issue. On one hand it should not matter when we trade comments and information, and arguably does not, but on the other hand, the personal side of our expressions are sometimes shaped by who we are communicating with. Yes there is the 'flirting' aspect, but there are also different tones we sometimes use to vary our expressions to others. I personally do like to know if it is a girl or guy on the other end.

Now I am not saying we should or should not care what sex we are talking to, but I think some do care, and that is okay and natural. I feel that we enjoy communicating with the opposite sex, and some like to adjust their wording maybe. Is this right or wrong? I guess that is up to an individual t o decide.

While many frown on the notion of ATS being anything similar to s 'social network', by definition we are part of a social network, a mighty fine one at that, with lot's of colorful members and varied perspectives. Some of us spend so much time here, it has become our major connection with the outside world. So naturally a bit of fondness may arise, and naturally some may want to know more about each other.

I once considered suggesting volunteer color 'armbands' for our avatar area, that included age, sex and nationality, if some wanted to put it up. Age is another issue that can shape our responses. Nationality can play a part too. Again I am not implying we should all do this, but knowing who is on the other end, for some, makes for better relations.
So for me there is no right answer, but both aspects should be considered and people should feel free to divulge or not.

I am speculativeoptimsit, and I am a man! < beats chest and grunts >

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm a male...

edit on 10/4/12 by OldHag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I totally agree with you. You put my thoughts down to a T.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As for myself, i'm a woman, and proud to say so; i too sometimes would like to know to who i'm speaking with. It shapes our way of talking, so that nobody gets offended.
edit on 10-4-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This isn't a social website, if you want to flirt go somewhere else because this isn't the place to do it. Everyone here no matter what sexuality you are treated equally.

Also when it comes to knowing who the female and males are it will only lead to arguments for egotistical reasons. Only reason for that being I can think of at the moment is, say someone shuts someone down and "hurts" their ego, they'll try to come back with a even bigger argument with insults or whatever else they could possible come up with to defend their ego. Not something that would be good for this site.

We don't need to know who the sexuality of our members. It's better to treat everyone the same on this website in order to achieve the best possible results. Imagine it this way; how would whites,blacks, indians, muslims, christians, asians and all those other people contrubite to their society if they all saw eachother equal? Excatly my point here.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
We don't need to know who the sexuality of our members.

Thought there was a difference between sexuality and gender

I'm pure female. But most importantly, I'm just me.

Time

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Male Lion Humanoid.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Me Jane You Tarzan.
I am All Girl!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
This not about dating. This is not about ''women have less speech weight than man''. It's a simple, innocent, invitation to those who want to specify what they are. Only those who want to. The other members can stop thinking dirty things.

Who's thinkin' dirty things?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think you could guess mine.
edit on 10-4-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Actually if your male or female, it does determine how you are treated. People do it subconciously or even conciously.If your a female and come off as bitchy, you even get the typical sexist responses such as, are you ragging or something?

I have run experiments and you do get starred and flagged more if people perceive you as male.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join