It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Launches ‘Truth Teams’!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The 2012 campaign is about to go into full swing, but not without its helping hands.

DISCLAIMER: I do not go into the political arena, but this was quite interesting.

The Obama campaign is today beginning a new effort to enlist and educate at least 2 million supporters for a “grassroots communications team” they’re calling the Truth Team.

“The goal is to ensure that when Republicans attack President Obama’s record, grassroots supporters can take ownership of the campaign and share the facts with the undecided voters in their lives,” the campaign said in a statement.

The teams will be first launched in 13 “swing states,” including Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, Ohio and Virginia.

The rollout also includes a social media blitz, directing supporters to three new websites: KeepingHisWord.com, which highlights Obama’s record and “promises kept”; KeepingGOPHonest.com, which highlights GOP policy positions; and AttackWatch.com, which fact-checks claims made against Obama on the campaign trail.

abcnews.go.com...

Keeping His Word

Keeping his word: Stopping insider trading in Congress
“[T]he divide between this city and the rest of the country is at least as bad—and it seems to get worse every year. Some of this has to do with the corrosive influence of money in politics. So together, let’s take some steps to fix that. Send me a bill that bans insider trading by members of Congress; I will sign it tomorrow.”
—President Obama, January 24th, 2012

www.keepinghisword.com...

NASA and America’s leading role in space exploration: The choice

While President Obama is committed to NASA and it's future, Mitt Romney thinks it's better to cut back on NASA and leaving space exploration for the private sector.

www.keepinggophonest.com...

Debunking the GOP: Negative ad blatantly ignores promises the President has kept

The RNC is ratcheting up its negative attacks with a new ad falsely claiming that President Obama has not delivered on any of his promises.

www.attackwatch.com...

This is going to be interesting to say the least.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They are already here, amongst the forums. So would you debate these people on this forum if you had thee opportunity?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Under Obama the debt increased x2 fold and way more people are on Food-Stamps + he did NOT end the Iraq war, it was signed to end before 2012 by the Bush Administration.

Doing those 2 things and taking credit for the other is grounds enough NOT to vote for someone in any country.

US does strive to be different tho.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
When Obama decides to lie to our faces and tell us that Obamacare was passed by a "strong majority" when we all know very well that it just passed with a 219-212 vote,we know his 'Truth Teams' cannot be trusted.

Obama would lie to your Grandmothers face. He just did.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Any massively funded political organization which goes by a title including the word "truth" must be taken with a grain of salt the size of Gibraltar.

If there were such a thing as a "truth team" why on Earth would it be limited to operating only during a political campaign?

The context is clear.... political theater.... where truth is trumped by expedience and power to generate media interest.

It's all "public relations" - nothing more....

Now they could make a liar out of me by separating themselves from the political theater.... but somehow I doubt that will happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They should just call it the Ministry of Truth and be done with the whole charade.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If you need a team to push the "truth", it's a safe bet that it's not truth you're pushing.

Truth stands on its own.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
They should just call it the Ministry of Truth and be done with the whole charade.

I fear they soon will.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
fascinating strategy

so when a GOP'er says it's obama's fault the gas prices are high, someone who has been informed can say the oil markets are global, the executive branch of the federal government does not contrl it, and domestic oil production is UP 15% under obama ?

makes you wonder why all candidates don't do this

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This should be interesting. The Obama team is so busy pushing both sides of a debate they will be pointing fingers at each other. I am, I am not. I will, I will not I did it. No someone else is to blame. On and on. It has become quite plain they don't know what they spout or what the truth even is. The tail that wags the dog? Hardly it is more like the dog that chases its own tail. All of this of course is confuse and distract while they are busy furthering their own agenda. When one can not intelligently have a two sided discussion the only thing left is bully tactics and that is what this administration is all about. They are pulling out all the stops. Remember war is Peace. Lies is Truth, etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
F n S NRE... I believe a tsunami of new disinformation is sweeping down upon us soon.

In anticipation of the election I began sometime ago to identify specific links for use as quick reference to research several categories, e.g. economy, employment, second amendment, obamacare and so on.

I encountered one Obama agent on another site some time ago and was able thru careful and significant research to categorically debunk 12 of 20 claims. Factually, not all 8 of the remaining but I could not deny/debate/debunk a few as there was some fact and truth...

The issue I see coming is far too much opinion and emotion coupled with canned purpoted facts spoon fed to millions who do not question anything.

edit on 9-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

A large part of the price of oil is caused by the Iran rhetoric. Yes this administration does have a large part of the rise in oil prices. Same thing can be said about domestic oil. It doesn't help the US or its people when they had a large hand in stopping the oil pipe line. Special interest is their name and who do you think are eye ball deep in this price fixing? It couldn't possibly be the Banking Cartel that this administration has calling the shots. You are perfectly right the Democrats and Obama are clean of any of this corruption. They are totally concerned about the general public.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by syrinx high priest

A large part of the price of oil is caused by the Iran rhetoric.

a large part ? please enlighten me. exactly how much per gallon

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh boy, if Obama thinks that telling the truth is going to do him any more good than the attacks on him and his failures have been...

If I come across a single person who doesn't even question the name "Truth Team" I will explode.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Truth teams
Talking Point teams
Marching Order teams

When a political campaign has to resort to this, and not just stand on it's record, is very telling.

First, we are all obviously too stupid to see what he has done. Therefore when need to be told what he has done.

Second, if Obama supporters need a script, then they a) don't know what he has done, b) too stupid to argue for Obama in any debate on their own.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Reported and discussed when the story first launched back in February. Duplicate thread closed.

top topics

join