It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook keeps a complete log of all your activity & gives it to anyone they think is important enou

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Facebook keeps a complete log of all your activity & gives it to anyone they think is important enough to get it!!

www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com

If police officers were to file a subpoena for your Facebook information, they would receive a printout of the data from the social network. This printout would be so detailed, complete and creepy that you should strive to be a good law-abiding citizen, just to prevent it from ever existing.

We have just learned about the true nature of Facebook's responses to subpoenas thanks to documents uncovered by the Boston Phoenix, an alternative weekly.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
bl og.thephoenix.com

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In case you haven't figured it out by now - NOTHING you do on the internet is truly private (even if it's supposed to be)

Here's a story I came across browsing this morning - didn't see it posted yet.

Some reporters found out that Facebook keeps a complete log of all your activity since you signed up (and when I say complete, I mean COMPLETE)

This printed log, which is accessible to anybody that Facebook deems important enough to have it, includes ALL posts (even private and deleted ones), all pictures in your file, all pics you've been tagged in, and all of your activity while you were logged in including when, where and exactly what you looked at (other profiles, videos, pics, etc.)

The link below has the printout log of the "Craiglist Killer" which is how this story got started...enjoy...your privacy...that you don't really have.

www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-4-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If it comes down to places like ATS doing this, then they can delete my account.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The solution is to not use facebook!

I do use facebook because it Is a good way to stay in contact with ma mates but I dont let it have loads of information about me i dont fill in all the interests and stuff like that. If I dont give facebook certain information they cant use it can they!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Duh.
It was that way all along.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

Complete agreement from me.

....of course if you're not doing anything wrong then it shouldn't matter.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

It's definitely a duh - especially when founders like Mark Z. say stuff like "I can't believe people are stupid enough to give me all their information"

This is more of a public service I guess for people that didn't understand the detail of the record.

Plus - apparently this is the first time one of these detailed & official records has managed to slip out to the light of day

...it's 71 pages long and very, very well put together...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I do believe you.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
hi op
i opend my fat trap a few times on freak book i mean cheat book sorry i mean f*** book
i tried to tell the sheep a while back that freak book is nothing more than an analyzing tool
but it went upon deaf ears

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
ATS most likely does the same thing as facebook people are just not aware of it yet. It kind of goes without saying these days that if you put your information into a computer you have already given your information and activity to all kinds people and companies. It's interesting to see people that still think that privacy exists on the internet or anywhere for that matter but it's past time for people to wake up and see what they're doing to themselves for a little extra attention on line.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
If it comes down to places like ATS doing this, then they can delete my account.

How do you (or I) know they aren't?

I do have a FB but very much limit what I say and what I share. As far as topics that we discuss here, 99% of that never sees light of day on my FB... I have a blog for that, as well as this forum.

Never keep all your eggs in one basket, as the saying goes ;-)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
if they are important to facebook... maybe the person that posted the information they seek wants them to see it.

but of course..many people are blind in one eye and think they are King.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I'm not following your post - this is a log they keep on every user, no matter how unimportant they are and can be accessed at Facebook's discretion

The example you can look at (at the blog link) happens to have been subpenaed by the Boston PD but FB's own privacy policy gives a list of other reasons they would release this info...

So, no...it doesn't matter whether or not you're important to Facebook and it doesn't matter only if your breaking the law - this info is there, right now for anyone who FB is willing to give it to.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

so Facebook is giving out information to Law Enforcement if they want it because you just committed a crime? possibly a crime which is considered mass murder?

that's somewhat different from your title, which I feel implied that facebook would give out user info to anyone which it considered important enough.

i think this situation is a bit different...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Yes in this instance there was a very good reason & it's public information now because they released it to the press...

All I was trying to accomplish with this post is give folks a window into just how much of a data trail they were leaving and exactly what was being left.

Of course LE is going to be able to access this information - that's not new - the important part to note for your average law abiding citizen is that Facebook's policy leaves themselves a loophole to release your information to anyone they feel is deserving enough to get it...ie. "up to their discretion" - not only to LEOs.

A loophole like that could be taken advantage by any number of con artists or hackers...so there is a vulnerability there and you may not be ok "just because you're not doing anything wrong" if lack of understanding your digital trail results in your private information making to the cyberspace black market

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
The solution is to not use facebook!

I do use facebook because it Is a good way to stay in contact with ma mates but I dont let it have loads of information about me i dont fill in all the interests and stuff like that. If I dont give facebook certain information they cant use it can they!

While I don't neccessarily disagree with your logic, your ISP probably has just as much information, and will release it if approached under the correct circumstances. The only reason ISPs do not do this in an easier fashion is because you're paying them and, in general, they don't market you as a commodity like facebook.

Regarding the ATS stuff ... I seriously doubt ATS is doing anything particularly of that ilk. I mean, in some ways it is ... Your activities on this site are being logged obviously, but I doubt ATS is spending time or money trying to track your activities such as other browsing activities in the same way facebook could / can.

I think it's just best to treat your online activities like any other written media or library to be honest.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

hya
i do agree with you to a certain degree
its not what you post
they (the bastardos) have software that registers key words
the key words are all that they seek
google knows, their hq is about 2 football fields

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh, I'd agree but google is a *whole* other thing.

It's like the America of the internet IMO. Not sure having one company with that much access and power is a positive thing in all ways.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
eh. whats it matter? do people not see the open doors to one's life that people leave open having FB? the amount of personal information that I can obtain by visiting random FB pages is alarming. truly alarming. People are dumb on FB. So I just don't get why this would matter.....people have already willingly given over their lives once an account is made....unless one uses it to peruse other people's pages and never post a thing on theirs

FB = an open door to your life for the entire world to entire and roam around in.....
edit on April 9th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Where you surprised to hear this?
The simple fact is Anything you type or click into on the internet can be seen and broadcasted to agency's around the world almost instantly to build databases about you.

Did you know even google plays the same game, ofcoarse they say the information is used to generate more accurate advertisements however at the end of the databases are built.

Be aware on the internet and don't let the sense of anonymity get to you...their is none and it will come back to bite you in some way or another.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join