It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

films best endings wots your opinion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
The ending to one of my favorite movies Apocalypto........

Lets just say the main character escapes death in a Aztec sacrificial ritual....barely makes it through the jungle to save is family, only to hit the shoreline and see Spanish ships rolling in.....brilliant movie!!....At the end your overcome with this "oh sh!t" feeling.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 25-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)
I havent seen it but i will watch it sweet heart

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
On a light note, no matter how many times I've watched It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963 version), the ending where Ethel Merman's Mrs. Marcus character comes marching in to the intensive care unit and wipes out on the banana peel is as enjoyable as the first time:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Welcome To Dongmakgol.

During the Korean war, soldiers from North and South Korea (who absolutely hate each other) meet up in a remote, peaceful village up in the mountains. Living the natural life for a while, they end up at least respecting each other, and half friendly. But, when the village is on the map for a major bombing by US/Korean forces, these men unite to save the village by setting up a dummy village for the air raid to attack. At the very end, as the last of the bombs drop onto them in slo-mo from the sky, their last act is to turn and smile to each other in sincere friendship and joy. They're dying, but the village is saved.

Whatever Happened To Baby Jane

On the beach with her dying sister, Baby Jane Hudson, now an alcoholic, neurotic killer, and on the run from the police, regresses to the child star she once was, she sees the crowd and the police circling her as her audience and blissfully gives the singing dancing performance of her life.

(it wasn't all her fault either, it was Blanche who drove Jane mad. A lot of folk don't realise that. Poor Jane.)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Suddenly, Last Summer (1959), adapted from a Tennessee Williams play.

I went into the movie knowing nothing about it and the ending was just jaw dropping.

If you like classic movies, this one is a must see!
edit on 26-9-2012 by OneisOne because: typo!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Who can ever forget the ending of "The Sixth Sense" ? Once that ring hits the floor, realizing that he's been dead all along...

I never saw that one coming and I am sure that I am not alone !

The Sixth Sense

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I felt exactly the same watching that one. It was so cleverly made, I never thought for one second throughout the movie that the psychiatrist was dead too. That was a great OH MY GOD movie moment.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Usual Suspects? Or is it just me?

I quite like the endings to all the Monty Python films too........

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The Shawshank Redemption:

About hope and friendship.
Then again I think that is one of the best stories that King wrote.

CX

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Mind if i add the ending of The Wicker Man......the original 1973 version.....not that cake and arse party that was the Nick Cage version

CX.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Usual suspects was very good,.. but I like Trainspotting as well, just to see Renton get away with the money and Begbie getting what he deserves!

And of course Spud getting a wad of cash too!... hmmm, wonder what he was going to do with that??

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Gotta love "Natural Born Killers" ending when Mickey and Malory drive off into the sunset in their white trash RV with kids in tow!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Mind if i add the ending of The Wicker Man......the original 1973 version.....not that cake and arse party that was the Nick Cage version

CX.
Ahhh the brit ekland scene i remember well, instead of the the guy going in the room
and slipping her something he begins to pray ... famous scene ...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Gotta love "Natural Born Killers" ending when Mickey and Malory drive off into the sunset in their white trash RV with kids in tow!

great film of the nineties up there with the best..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The Shawshank Redemption:

Classic film up there with the best for sure...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cahlmac

Usual suspects was very good,.. but I like Trainspotting as well, just to see Renton get away with the money and Begbie getting what he deserves!

And of course Spud getting a wad of cash too!... hmmm, wonder what he was going to do with that??

probably spunk it all on brasses and kebabs but hey he deserved a little good luck...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Usual Suspects? Or is it just me?

I quite like the endings to all the Monty Python films too........

Classic british comedy selection you choose..just remember to look on the bright side of life *whistles*..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The Shawshank Redemption

At first i never got on with the film but then it grew on me just like ATS

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Who can ever forget the ending of "The Sixth Sense" ? Once that ring hits the floor, realizing that he's been dead all along...

I never saw that one coming and I am sure that I am not alone !

The eighties and the nineties regarding films were some of the best plots..
Today, sadly there is only so many decent films with decent endings about..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Suddenly, Last Summer (1959), adapted from a Tennessee Williams play.

I went into the movie knowing nothing about it and the ending was just jaw dropping.

If you like classic movies, this one is a must see!
edit on 26-9-2012 by OneisOne because: typo!
Richie was a lucky man to have queen liz in life..im not sure i seen this film however i have seen
her in many a film natural born talent ..

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Welcome To Dongmakgol.

During the Korean war, soldiers from North and South Korea (who absolutely hate each other) meet up in a remote, peaceful village up in the mountains. Living the natural life for a while, they end up at least respecting each other, and half friendly. But, when the village is on the map for a major bombing by US/Korean forces, these men unite to save the village by setting up a dummy village for the air raid to attack. At the very end, as the last of the bombs drop onto them in slo-mo from the sky, their last act is to turn and smile to each other in sincere friendship and joy. They're dying, but the village is saved.

Whatever Happened To Baby Jane

On the beach with her dying sister, Baby Jane Hudson, now an alcoholic, neurotic killer, and on the run from the police, regresses to the child star she once was, she sees the crowd and the police circling her as her audience and blissfully gives the singing dancing performance of her life.

(it wasn't all her fault either, it was Blanche who drove Jane mad. A lot of folk don't realise that. Poor Jane.)
Ive seen probably 60% of the films out there and these two i will look into as i may have
missed a few classics here.. Shame these kinda films are not made like they used to make them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join