It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC chair: GOP ‘callous and insensitive’ towards women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
DNC chair: GOP ‘callous and insensitive’ towards women
By David Edwards
Sunday, April 8, 2012 11:27 EDT -- The Raw Story

She's at it again, and sounding and looking more and more like Nancy Pelosi by the day it seems !!

Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL), also a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, is pressing the "GOP is against women" agenda.

A CNN interview has her blinking her eyes like crazy and raising and lowering her eyebrows dozens of times in a short attention span maniacal rant. She even stutters and stammers just like Obama !!

No mention however of the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood was in Washington D.C. recently for "discussions" with the Obamamite U.S. government. No mention either of the endless Sarah Palin bashing.

Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) on Sunday ripped the Republican Party for “turning back the clock for women.”

During an interview on CNN, host Candy Crowley asked asked the congresswoman from Florida if it was unfair to call GOP policies a “war on women.”

“The policies that have come out of the Republican Party, saying that we should have a debate again over contraception and whether we should have access to it and it should be affordable, saying that — like Gov. Scott Walker in Wisconsin, you know, he tried to quietly repeal the Equal Pay Act,” Wasserman Schultz noted. “Women aren’t going to stand for that. Governor Walker just signed a bill that repeals the equal pay law they had in Wisconsin for years.”
Well maybe She's right anyway ? I don't know.

The video is Duh Duh Deluxe

Is Debbie Wasserman Schultz the best they can come up with ?

What do Conservative Women think about this onslaught ??

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think the Republicans are pro-women as far as encouraging them to get guns so that they can defend themselves. I will say that much.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've really stopped listening to Kermit the Frog. I call her that because..well..look at her. From the right angle..with some photoshop green added...well, it's a human form of Kermit! That helps keep her outrages in perspective and add the necessary amusement to stay sane with her idea of logic.

Now I'll even be fair enough to agree that ...in some circles of the GOP....a Woman's place is in the kitchen either pregnant or ready to try at the whim of her man. Sad...but that attitude is still there. Only Republicans tho? Hmm... Yeah.. Not really.

Either way though.. Wassermann is a joke to me because her level of hyperbole is just SO far over the top into "what sounds scary' whether it reflects any truth at all, that listening to her for information is like asking my young son about astrophysics to catch a comet. Howard Dean made a scream and ended his political life. She's replaced him and leaves us ALL wishing we could scream.

edit on 8-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And,

Some say that She is in line for the House Speakership !!!!!

If and whenever the Dems get a majority ever again.

And of course, if Nancy Peelosi is resigned and retired.

Good God !!

That would definitely warrant double protection for the POTUS and VPOTUS !!!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The Republicrats are callous and insensitive towards human beings.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Good Lord Xeunchen, how did I miss this? I've been so focused on Kermit the DNC spokesperson, I honestly didn't even know she ALSO had a part time job as a major figure in the U.S. House. Oh..and how *FAST* she rose too... Now that I look at her Bio...I'm not just surprised at myself for not knowing, I'm shocked it's not scandal material. Look at this.

(From her BIO page)

For more than eighteen years, Debbie Wasserman Schultz has dedicated her public life to working on behalf of the people of South Florida. On January 4, 2005, she was sworn in as a member of the United States House of Representatives.

Rep. Wasserman Schultz represents Florida's 20th Congressional district, which encompasses parts of Florida as far north as Fort Lauderdale, and as far south as Miami Beach. Before joining the U.S. Congress, she was first a Representative and later a Senator in the Florida State Legislature.

She JUST hit the place in...2005? Hmmm.... Freshman just over 7 years ago...and what luck and good fortune with such low seniority.

Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz also serves as a member of the Democratic House Leadership. She serves as a Vice Chair of the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee where her primary responsibility is working to communicate Democratic priorities to Members of Congress and to the press. She also serves as a Chief Deputy Whip where she works to help advance legislation important to the Democratic caucus.

In 2011 she became the Democratic Vice Chair of the Congressional Caucus for Women’s Issues, a bipartisan Members’ organization dedicated to promoting women's economic, health, legal, and educational interests. The Caucus serves as both a legislative resource on women's issues and an advocate on behalf of those issues.
Source

I take my light hearted attitude back about her... She isn't amusing, she's scary when coupled with your House Leader comment. She really could?? I wonder how the rest of her party feels? Especially those with considerably more seniority who she strolled right on past to reach the upper levels of Party Power in such a marathon run? I guess in a world of who you know...she knows everyone who matters. Wow..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I really like Imjustheretoread's comment. How about the political establishments in DC are anti-women and anti-men, or anti-humanity like imjusthere said? Do Americans still think there is a tangible difference between the two parties, big picture not tiny details? Do they still think they find representation through either one or the other? Why are no other ideas or parties allowed to participate in our democracy? Where are the people advocating anything other than the typical mainstream political hyperbole? Why are debates so phony? Why is Ron Paul the only candidate who actually answers questions? Do talking points really work on Americans so easily? I just wonder sometimes why people still play this game? It's rather pathetic to hear people complain about our country failing and then proceed to tell me why one party is better than the other and why one party has all the solutions to all our problems. Get over the game, please, and stop generalizing our entire population into one of two groups for absolutely every issue ever brought up!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There are some terms by Bill Maher that come to mind to describe her. I can't and won't repeat them, however. But I can't help but think of them when I see her, she's that execrable to me.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I also think Debbie Wasserman Schultz speaking for the DNC about GOP insensitivity towards women is an oxymoron.

It could be viewed as an insult and degradation to all men who have to look at her and listen to her !!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I try my best not to pay attention to really anything that this woman says. It is my opinion ((just as somebody else brought up in another recent thread) that members of the Democratic party will say or do whatever it takes to accomplish their goals. In this case it just happens to be that Republicans hate women, so therefore let's not vote for them at election time!

The Democratic party would love to convince the rest of us that the entire GOP wants women to be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen with no control over their own reproductive system or their own destiny in general. If they can sway the opinions of even a small percentage of on-the-fence female voters on this issue it could be just enough to swing the vote to Obama's favor.

I think that most people are intelligent enough to know that Republicans, just as Democrats, are of wide and varying views on women's issues. There are the few who really do want women barefoot and pregnant, sure. There are also people like that in the Democratic party as well. Just as there are pro-choice people in the Republican party.

As no ONE political party can encompass the ideals of ALL people at the same time most people side with the party that has the MOST in common with their own best interests. Why people try to make it sound otherwise is beyond me.
edit on 9-4-2012 by littled16 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I just checked WalMart.com and they have affordable birth control.
And it also works as a fertility treatment!!!
200 pills for $4.00.

Directions for use as birth control: woman takes one tablet and hold between knees.
Directions for use as fertility drug: man gives woman two pills and the headache goes away.

Seriously though, I don't know how much more affordable than "FREE AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD" you can get.

edit on 4/9/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
War on Women by the GOP?

Just mention Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, or Nikki Haley to Democrats and watch their heads explode.

Democrats are great at stereotyping groups of people by using vague commonalities to take away individuality.

There is nothing more callous and insensitive than lumping half the population into a voting block.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
... Democratic party ....
... Democratic party ...
... Democratic party ...

There is no such thing as the "Democratic" party: Republicans and Democrats, Independents and Green are ALL "Democratic".

Sorry, I had to vent there. The whole "Democratic Party" thing was invented, in my opinion, as a way for the Democrats to make it sound like they were more democratic than the Republicans, which, again in my opinon, makes the Democrats nowhere near as democratic as any other party.

And I agree with what you said.

edit on 4/9/2012 by abecedarian because: clarification

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by littled16
... Democratic party ....
... Democratic party ...
... Democratic party ...

There is no such thing as the "Democratic" party: Republicans and Democrats, Independents and Green are ALL "Democratic".

Sorry, I had to vent there. The whole "Democratic Party" thing was invented, in my opinion, as a way for the Democrats to make it sound like they were more democratic than the Republicans, which, again in my opinon, are nowhere near as democratic as any other party.

And I agree with what you said.

Pet peeve of mine also.

Democratic Party? That's not even proper English.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I just want add that I edited my post while you were replying to clarify something I said.

I say we start a movement referring to all Senators, Representatives and others as "Democratic". For instance- "Democratic Congressman, Darrell Issa, (R) said..." just to put a thorn in their side.

edit on 4/9/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
My eyes glaze over every time I hear phrases like "insensitive to women" crap. If I had a dollar for every time those kinds of phrases are used I'd be a rich man today.

It'll never end.

And whenever I hear that phrase I don't hear anything that follows it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So right wingers hate their mothers,wives,girlfriends and daughters eh

people really do need to think before they speak.
edit on 9-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join