It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon - An Ancient Decoration?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So last night as I was driving in to town I looked up at the moon as I do most nights. I noticed that the moon looked the biggest/closest and brightest, I had EVER seen it. It was truly a spectacular sight. The moons "face" was about as clear as ever. Which got me thinking....

First off if you don't know anything about, or believe somewhat in the ancient alien theory then this thread probably is not for you..

So figure the ancient alien theory is true right. What is aliens are responsible for human life on earth? There are tons of remains of that idea like the pyramids, palenque, teotechuachan(sorry if my spelling is wrong on these :/), stonehenge, etc. etc. etc. With that said, it is also my understanding that Earth's moon is quite unique from any other systems moon, as in the way it orbits us and affects things such as our tides.
Going back to say what if aliens are responsible for human life; what if when they did this, they also somehow put the moon here. And what if they put it here simply as a sign of decoration for their creation. And they themselves created the "face" on the moon in symbolization of this such event.

Basically i'm saying what if the aliens left the moon here as decoration like lots of other artifacts on earth are suspected to be. If they had the power to create such things as the pyramids and stuff in that time, I wouldn't that it is a completely farfetched hypothesis.

While this certainly is a bold theory on my part, and 99% will probably just call me crazy. I understand that, and remember this is just a hypothesis. I have nothing in which to back this up or prove it's truth. Just another interesting theory to think about. Maybe this will spark someone to find something out that we don't know yet.

Discuss.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

I always felt that the Moon was an ark of sorts, perhaps that brought life to Earth. It is powered down now.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The rising moon can look stunning, so big and beautiful

, full moons also have crazy effects on people. but never seen anything as crazy as this idea. was the moon full when you veiwed it

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Looked at the almost full moon last night through my telescope. Was breathtaking. Saw many bridges and ridges, bumps and lumps. No sign of life, no sign of intelligent design. Seemed pretty normal and moon like too me.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11

I always felt that the Moon was an ark of sorts, perhaps that brought life to Earth. It is powered down now.

Its an old theory that could very well be possible. We have this idea that interstellar craft have to be like the enterprise or star wars destroyer but in reality the only type of craft to survive the time and distance it would have to travel through the hostilities of space would have to be something the size and shape of the moon.

Maybe that's why the moon is so cratered is that it received millions of impacts through its interstellar overdrive into the void.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Looked at the almost full moon last night through my telescope. Was breathtaking. Saw many bridges and ridges, bumps and lumps. No sign of life, no sign of intelligent design. Seemed pretty normal and moon like too me.

that's exactly what they WANT you to think!!

if the tides didn't work like they do then our single-celled aquatic ancestors never would have evolved and crawled out of the primordial megaocean. we wouldn't exist. it's pretty lucky/crazy/smart if you think about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

In no place did I say that this theory was based on the moons appearance in an isolated incident such as last night. All I said was looking at it made me think....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
Basically i'm saying what if the aliens left the moon here as decoration like lots of other artifacts on earth are suspected to be. If they had the power to create such things as the pyramids and stuff in that time, I wouldn't that it is a completely farfetched hypothesis.

It is beyond farfetched. There is a substantial difference between quarrying a few thousand rocks and stacking them on top of each other, and moving a small planetoid across a solar system (or galaxy or interdimensional space or whatever you imagine).

The surface of the moon itself is about 4.4 to 4.5 billion years old, which makes it about as old as the rest of the solar system. It did not originate in some other star system and travel here.

pubs.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Not to mention the Moon is responsible, in large part, for the Earth's behavior. If the Moon hadn't been there the planet would be spinning about chaotically and our seasons would be completely different.

The Moon is responsible for how life evolved on Earth - without it we would have a different result. It's been here for a long, long time.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I still think it's kind of hard for scientists to make such "exact" and "definitive" conclusions about the moon when they've never been there. Only Nasa has. And Nasa doesn't really seem to want to share much about it, nor do they have any intentions of returning to it. Why? Some say they're covering something up?

I personally don't really know who to believe.

EDIT:But who's to say aliens didn't come here billions of years ago and did this? Maybe they put it there as an ark. And when they returned they built the pyramids. And maybe one day they're planning for another return. Maybe they return in cycles and only in certain time periods.

EDITEDIT:I think i've lost my mind after reading some of the things i've written today
edit on 8-4-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

EDITEDITEDIT: It's also hard to say what technology alleged aliens may or may not have as we don't know a single thing about them.....
edit on 8-4-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
The Moon is responsible for how life evolved on Earth - without it we would have a different result.

You said it yourself....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That's the real reason that we've never seen the darkside of the moon. It's not dark at all, it's a giant spinning hubcap.

On a more serious note, the moon is pretty vital to life on this planet, so if an ancient alien race had found a planet and it needed a moon, then they (in the realms of imagination) could be advanced enough to sort this planetary bling out.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
in many cultures the moon was said to have changed brightness try immanuel velikovskys archive -a brighter moon for referances or who built the moon by night & lomas or try the earth without the moon in velikovskys archive

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
While I don't believe it has any connection to this, the moon was absolutely spectacular last night. I've never seen it look so big and close. Nor have I seen look so bright, it was almost orange. (although I have seen an orange moon before and this was still brighter). A beautiful sight indeed

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If you noted, about a year ago in March, the moon was brighter, bigger, that it has been from our venue in nearly 20 years, called a Supermoon. This occurs relatively rarely due to the perigee of a full moon coinciding together at the same time. When the elliptical orbit brings the moon to its closest point in its orbit to earth, coincides with the phase of a full moon we get a larger brighter moon than other full moons.

Here's how different the size is between apogee and perigee.

NASA on Supermoons.

Next month the moon will be at its closest to us, distance calculator.
Moon Connection dot com you can get the phases. This month the moon was quite close in its orbit though, so it was quite big and bright.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

How the Moon came into existence is becoming much bettwe understood. The moon and the Earth share the same origin, therefore the moon could not have been brought here from somewhere else. I could provide links, but instead I'm going to simply tell you to do some research.

Most likely the Moon is the result of a Mars sized planet colliding with the Earth. You can also google analysis of the Moon rocks compared to Earth. There's a starting point.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

How the Moon came into existence is becoming much bettwe understood. The moon and the Earth share the same origin, therefore the moon could not have been brought here from somewhere else. I could provide links, but instead I'm going to simply tell you to do some research.

Most likely the Moon is the result of a Mars sized planet colliding with the Earth. You can also google analysis of the Moon rocks compared to Earth. There's a starting point.

I should have been more clear, this is more about the "face" on the moon. Maybe it was already here, and someone, or something made the face as a decoration in honor of their arrival or something significant.

I mean I highly doubt any of that was true. But, think about..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

I should have been more clear, this is more about the "face" on the moon. Maybe it was already here, and someone, or something made the face as a decoration in honor of their arrival or something significant.

I mean I highly doubt any of that was true. But, think about..

I hear you OG, and there are those who think the moon was place here, so you aren't alone. I can see the face in the moon, but you can also look at clouds and see all types of shapes, people have a tendency to see order in random events.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

it's a space station with a giant 'soul camera' to record your good and bad deeds and decides where you go when you die.

true story!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I like your thinking! I love this topic. People will call you crazy for thinking it, but I don't. Honestly, I think it may be what you say but also it may have had a different function at one time. People will tell you that if it weren't for the moon the tides and whatnot would be different and life wouldn't be possible on earth. I say prove it.

Plutarch, Hippolytus, Censorinus, and a doubting Lucian wrote of pre-Lunar people, as did Ovid, who said that the Arcadians possessed their land before the birth of Jove, and were older than the Moon. There are even Biblical references (Job 25:5 and Psalm 72:5) which allude to a Moonless Earth -- or at least can be so interpreted. Finally, the memory of a Moonless Earth is contained in the oral traditions of such Indians as those of the Bogota highlands in the eastern Cordilleras of Columbia, i.e. according to tribesmen of Chibchas, “In the earliest times, when the moon was not yet in the heavens.”
www.halexandria.org...

As for worshipping the Moon when the Sun had already clearly demonstrated its prowess in delivering life-giving energy for warmth, crops, and other beneficial purposes, this would seem to be almost a contradiction in terms -- unless the Moon had by some means made its significance readily apparent to Earthians. Being larger, and making a dramatic entrance on the solar system stage would account for a lot! (But there might be more!)
www.halexandria.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join