It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the US uses sexual humiliation as a political tool to control the masses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm a fan of Naomi Wolf and I think she makes some excellent observations in her recent Guardian article entitled, How The US Uses Sexual Humiliation As A Political Tool To Control The Masses.

The threat of arrest is stifling enough to curtail active political dissent, adding the thought of some sort of sexual humiliation to arrest adds a sinister and disturbing element to the equation.

In a five-four ruling this week, the supreme court decided that anyone can be strip-searched upon arrest for any offense, however minor, at any time. This horror show ruling joins two recent horror show laws: the NDAA, which lets anyone be arrested forever at any time, and HR 347, the "trespass bill", which gives you a 10-year sentence for protesting anywhere near someone with secret service protection. These criminalizations of being human follow, of course, the mini-uprising of the Occupy movement.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Here's a link to an article about the man involved in the recent Supreme Court case:

www.nj.com...

She goes on to detail some of the more horrifying incidents at Bagram, she brings up Bradley Manning, kept naked and in solitary confinement, she brings up the prisoners at Guantanamo forced to be naked in front of female guards.

It isn't just prisoners who illicit little sympathy that are subjected to forms of sexual humiliation, it's everyone who has to go through a Rapiscan scanner or gets groped by the TSA to get on an airplane.

Remember, you don't need to have done anything wrong to be arrested in America any longer. You can be arrested for walking your dog without a leash. The man who was forced to spread his buttocks was stopped for a driving infraction. I was told by an NYPD sergeant that "safety" issues allow the NYPD to make arrests at will. So nothing prevents thousands of Occupy protesters – if there will be any left after these laws start to bite – from being rounded up and stripped naked under intimidating conditions.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Sexual humiliation is a potent weapon in the arsenal of those that wish to wield power over the masses. It dehumanizes the victims and the victimizers. It has been used throughout history as a means of psychological control, and it's greatly disturbing to me that to see these kinds of things going on.

I'm sure to some degree, I've fallen prey to propaganda and indoctrination, but the America I learned about in school didn't do these kind of things, we were noble and didn't arrest people arbitrarily and then strip them, or feel them up for "safety" reasons.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ahhh... this illustrates the HIDDEN AGENDA behind those kinky Batman episodes!
Boy Wonder INDEED!

On your knees dog!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well, we aint' in Kansas anymore.
This is the new AmeriKa.

This isn't a joke but bring it up to the mindless masses and they sure will have a laugh.
This is what we collectively deserve, yes, me too.
It is very real and I can't wait to see it all unfold.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Exactly. But it's okay for people to be sexually assaulted as long as its in the name of safety. We're talking about the same country that thinks it's okay to torture people who have been kept in prison without trial.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ahh, but it's all worth it to keep our prisons safer -

The majority focused on how hard jailers have it. “The difficulties of operating a detention center must not be underestimated by the courts,” the majority opinion said. Strip searches can help keep weapons — and disease and lice — out of prisons.

ideas.time.com... utm_c

So you're not willing to be strip searched to make jails safer places???

It's okay, I'm sure no law enforcement groups will take advantage of this.

But, just in case, I don't think I should let my daughters out of the house anymore. Used to be "make sure you wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident" - now it's "in case you run a stop light and get pulled over".

The world needs to end because the stupidity isn't.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
but you are all forgetting something.
this is a necessary sacrifice for freedom, after all it is not free

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's designed to send a message to protesters - we can arrest you for protesting and we can strip search you and humiliate you. So stay at home and never show your face in a public demonstration again.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I agree. We should all go back to the tribal days/learn from the tribes still in the Amazon and forget about clothes all together and do everything naked hehe

It would get conquer sexual humiliation/curiosity of the human body, and would set us free from the chains of sexual control/desires.

Will never happen though. lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
We're meant to be naked; clothes are retarded. I wonder if we'll see some nude protests in response to this bill? Would be interesting. Can't strip search someone who has nothing to strip

ETA: I can see attractive women being spontaneously arrested and strip searched, lol. Being a cop must be pretty sweet these days; all that power, so little responsibility.
edit on 8-4-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Just wait until these laws start taking effect.
Its going to be an amusing time.

Strip search me. I dare you.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Theres a handful of times i got questioned, drilled (ie where u goin, where u from, how old are u, what do you do, what are u tonite, wanna hook up?) and eventually propositioned to go down on... most cops thrive on domination and their overinflated machismo/ego and latent hornyness/sexuallyfrustratedness even the fat old ugly ones and are poised to frame obviously poised to frame or abuse even the most law-abiding citizen as long as you don't have someone 'upstairs' they know they can get away with even framed drug murders etc. Too much occurance of abuse of power, at least in '3rd' world countries while they are corrupt, its just for bribes and usually they dont all even have a loaded gun ready to shoot u and in any case, arent so rude and intimidating, though yea, still corrupt. US cops tend to have the corrupt plus all the psychotic rudeness and flipping out on every akin to 'roid rage.

I swear if only cops of America would be some more like the Italian police, they are most polite, cavalier gentlemen.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Cannot wait to get srip searched after speeding. Question.. What if while being strip searched, I piss myself all over the officer stripping me? Is that an additional charge? And would I then be sodomized for furthr searches?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You, the citizen, can take the teeth out of this psych-out move. Do you think the guy snapping on the latex glove is as cool and neutral as he appears to be? No. He (or she) is, in all likelihood, concealing acute discomfort. There are a number of ways you can play off that, particularly if you are within earshot of other citizens.

If you bring attention to the overt sexuality of the process, you deprive this technique of both legitimacy and power. It is effective and allowed only so long as both parties (buttock-spreader and buttock-spreadee) maintain the polite illusion that there is nothing prurient or sexually invasive about this process.

Take that power back. And make sure someone gets it on camera, if possible.

joe-burd.newsvine.com...

whitewatch.info...
edit on 8-4-2012 by Eidolon23 because: ETA: I realize the second link leads to a gag article. But as with many a good tutelary tale, it serves to point the way to greatness.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Reply to post by Eidolon23

The officer does not touch the person being searched. The person being searched is told what to do to facilitate the search.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Ah. The latex gloves are just for show?

And the subject is instructed to root around his/her own cavities?

And pat-downs are conducted via telekinesis?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

I'm retired from the business.

Patdowns are different.

To minimize the humiliation, the subject is not touched during a strip search.

Personally, I would never strip search and I don't think my colleagues like the idea.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Not that it would make any of this crap less unpalatable or invasive if the subject were made to perform most of the dirty work.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The purpose, in an institutional setting, is to eliminate drugs and weapons.

Yes, things have come in in the mouth, vagina, anus, and hair. Even tucked between layers of fat.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

I'm retired from the business.

Patdowns are different.

To minimize the humiliation, the subject is not touched during a strip search.

Personally, I would never strip search and I don't think my colleagues like the idea.

Right on.

This has been my suspicion all along. That, aside from a very small percentage of sadists, the folks in uniform are just as uncomfortable as the citizens around this stuff.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

The purpose, in an institutional setting, is to eliminate drugs and weapons.

Yes, things have come in in the mouth, vagina, anus, and hair. Even tucked between layers of fat.

Yes, I get the strip-searches when processing a convicted criminal into a penal institution . But during a routine traffic stop, or when you're just trying to get from point A. to point B.? Unnecessary, time-consumptive and humiliating.

It's the way these techniques have been rapidly generalized in dealing with security and the civilian population that I find objectionable.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join