It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the US uses sexual humiliation as a political tool to control the masses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

The Court is wrong on this one.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
Reply to post by Eidolon23

The officer does not touch the person being searched. The person being searched is told what to do to facilitate the search.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

ok.. So if I dont understand the officers language, I dont have to strip? Or because I dont dress myself, I can get away with sayin, "officer, I would love to strip, but I do not know how."

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thats terrible, truly terrible.

So lets get this right, i could:
Be arrested at any time because i might be a terrorist (regardless to any facts), i could also be arrested for unknowingly being in the way of a secret service operation, that of course i wouldn't know i was in the way of and now to top those off (while innocent of any actual crimes) i can be strip searched... presumably because if i haddnt done anything wrong, there might be evidence of crime up my butt??!?

All at the discretion of the cops who already like to pat down or hassle people they dont like. Marvelous.

edit on 8-4-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
just a question if you were to show up at the airport naked would they allow you to get on a plane?

or would you be arrested for indecent exposure?

strange how the laws can be self defeating.........................

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by Biigs

Does the word "hysteric" ring a bell?

People put the worst spin on this ruling with the objective of whipping up negativity in this thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Do you refute the article? I don't understand your point of view here. Do you support these "anti-terror" and "pro-safety" bills? Do you think strip searches for any perceived offense are ok? Is protesting public figures wrong? Could you just explain where you stand on the article, please?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KillThePoor

Try taking the time to read the thread.

If comprehension is a problem, I can't help you.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Back in the early 90s I was arrested on traffic violations I don't make amy excuses for my behavior or the mistakes I've made, I've also never had a job where I made a respectable living, so I could never ashford an attorney to appear in court on my behalf. What I learned throughout this years though us that it was easier and faster to plead guilty and take the punishment that they were giving me than it was to try and fight it. The usual punishment was a period of time in cook county jail as I lived in a suburb of chicago that is within cook county limits. When going through processing at cook county jail there were strip searches of about 300 to 400 people at one time in one long hallway. It was common practice, as I had been through it multiple times. while personally I don't feel shame for having been through the experience. it was a somewhat frightening experience. There were certain conditions that were expected of the inmates. While the guards searched through the cloths you were told to fave the wall, hands behind your back, and foreheads to the wall. If youturned and looked at guards while they were searching the clothes you were punished and the punishment was heard by all in the hallway. The punishment wad that one of the guards would slam the inmates head into the brick wall. I heard the sound of this on more than one occasion it was a terrible sound to hear. There is now a class action civil suit against cook county jail, the lawyers in the case send letters to people who were in cook county jail at the time for you to respond to them to get your piece of the pie from the lawsuit my father says I should send my letter of claim in to get my share. But I'm afraid to do so as I feel add I would put on some list of people that the police should ” watch” , I don't want to be on that list and sheet all the horrible stuff I've been through in my life I just want tip be left alone to live in quiet peace.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by DonVoigt

This account strains credulity. Strip-searching 300-400? I don't think so. Even 30-40 is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

I can see how you could lose track of numbers in that kind of situation.

Cook County to pay $55.3 million to settle jail strip search case

In many cases, large groups of as many as 100 men entering the jail were lined up, body-to-body, against a hallway wall, Kanovitz said. They were forced into “dehumanizing and vulnerable positions,” and guards bombarded them with “sexually derogatory epithets,” Kanovitz said. He described the searches as a brutal form of hazing, ostensibly to find contraband, but really intended to put detainees “in their place.”

newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...

Thanks for your response, it's always interesting to hear from someone who has experienced first hand the kinds of things being discussed in the thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I lived it I know its true I'm going to see if I can learn how to post a picture of the letter I have from the office of the clerk united states district court for the northern district of illinois 219 south dearborn street chicago illinois 60604

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I still don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Even better do a yahoo search ” cook county jail illegal strip search settlement ” 55 million to go to thousands of inmates illegaly strip searched at cook county jail story gives all the details

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The operative word is "illegally". That I believe.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It just bothered me that you doubted my truth

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry about it. Who am I? Just another person on the street.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
But that is the whole reason we come to this website is to share our experiences

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And just for the sake of argument there are four what they call bullpens that hold 50 to 100 people that all get processed in at one time everybody gets stripsearched at the same time the underground hallway is like a city block long

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

the only people who at first have anything to worry about are probably attractive women.

Police will claim whatever and then strip them and have them "Searched" if you know what I mean.

Pretty much sexually abusing any attractive women they want.

Scenario: They walk down the street officer sees women he thinks is hot, gives them trouble , enough so that they will speak up, then uses that to strip search them both and probably whatever else to the women.

It's sick and disgusting but considering they still let pervert have gov jobs I would be surprised if this did not happen.

The safest person I would assume would be any member of the Main Stream Media ( pick your station )

I wonder what would happen if this happened to a famous news reporter..

Would she report on it or hide it?

Would her fellow workers and reporters back her ? or would they turn on her ?

That is the only way American can wake up really is if there people feeding BS actually become a victim of it..

Honesty though , hopefully people just drop their ego and start getting along.....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Strip searches are performed in a private place (usually the police station) by 2 members of the same sex.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join