It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legit Questions for ATS Liberals…Shed Some Light Please

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

4) Pro Abortion yet Anti-Death Penalty – Need I say more on this issue?
reply to post by seabag

You can also show the same hypocrisy as it relates to conservatives...

Pro-Life yet Pro-Death Penalty and Pro-War.

You're thread shows extreme political bias, that's why our political system is at a stalemate. If you can't recognize the faults and incompetency of your own political party, you my friend, are the type of voter who votes with blinders on.
edit on 8-4-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

reply to post by RicoMarston

You missed Seabag's point entirely. The point is why promote one thing then promote another thing which condemns it? The answer is unfortunately that Sharia Law undermines the Constitution and liberals don't care if their hypocrisy is showing under the dress.

How is allowing someone to follow their own way of life hypocritical?

Also, there's no promotion going on here. A straight person is not going to promote homosexuality. A christian will not promote islam. A republican will not promote democrat. An american will not promote sharia law. Why the hell would they? Promoting human rights is all I've ever seen from the left.

I have never seen a single liberal promoting sharia law. Sharia law is as conservative as you can get.

Also, if you have never seen a liberal promote Sharia Law then you were just looking the other way. Try Elena Kagan(she is liberal is she not?)

shariafreeusa.com...

Who wrote that articles??? Adolf Hitler?

The jizzings of a Fascist with a keyboard does not constitute truth.

How do we know Sara Palin isn't plotting to reinstate slavery???
edit on 8-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

You have to be kidding? Really? Is that all you can come up with? Just calling me evil names is not enough to win this debate. You better be coming up with something more substantial, like why not wanting Sharia is being a Hitleresque keyboardist.
You give me one good point to back you up. Make it count or it's just more name calling.

The article you linked is a joke

There are ten popular right wing hyperbolic statements in the first para graph alone,
all name calling and no substance.

You guys operate on lies, you claim liberals are trying to instate Sharia... Just because
you write something does not make it true, what makes it Hitleresque is that you guys
keep repeating the same lies over and over because you know people fall prey to repetition,
as was proven in Germany.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Very good questions. I hope you don't expect any logical answers.

LOL. I just visited this thread, posted my $.02, and then read the post above:

Who wrote that articles??? Adolf Hitler?

The jizzings of a Fascist with a keyboard does not constitute truth.

How do we know Sara Palin isn't plotting to reinstate slavery???

Which illustrates my point quite nicely.

Thank you and goodnight!

[APPLAUSE]

edit on 8-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

I am impressed that you also see the point; Conservatives are vile propagandist who
rule by repeating lies and hyperbole over and over. Glad you are cured of your affliction.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

illogical nature of liberal thinking.

Is there no illogical thinking from conservatives too? Religious, yet pro war, death penalty and intolerance for muslims, homosexuals and liberals? Is the Bootstrap mentality really logical? Is thinking all the parents having kids are gonna take care of them and make sure they keep their bootstraps up logical? Is thinking corporations alone will put people before profits, logical? Again it is these broad strokes assigned to a party that are inaccurate and do not represent all that think liberally.
Logic is not exclusive to one party or ideology, imo, and to sit here and say one is illogical is...well illogical. I am not attacking you ANM, just trying to see this thru to some middle ground somehow, and show that any accusation can go both ways. Guess that's the liberal in me.

Oh the futility of it all. I have said my piece, carry folks.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

So repeating something makes it Hitleresque. Shhhhh don't tell that to your kids grade school teacher.

as for promoting Sharia....

In December, 2006, Kagan hired Noah Feldman, architect of Iraq’s Constitution requiring Shariah, as a star faculty member at Harvard Law School. On March 16, 2008, Feldman published his controversial article “Why Sharia” in the New York Times Magazine, which promoted “Islamists” – the Muslim Brotherhood – as a progressive democratic party, and promoted Sharia as a model not just for Muslim-majority countries but for all:

shariafreeusa.com...

This is just the first thing I ran across. Want me to find more stuff? Give me the rest of the night and I will come up with more.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

u should say liberal idiots or conservative idiots when u start a thread like this.

if you dont hold any liberal views, you have not evolved socially.

im curious op, what is your definition of conservative and liberal.

most people that claim to be conservatives are not what they think they are.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

So respond to insult with insult, yea that's the mature thing to do and will surely bring us closer to making a difference for the better, and as countrymen(women)
Debate? nah, every single talking point can be argue exhaustively, beyond right or wrong and into a downward spiral of who can debate better. It's all good TEH, agree to disagree and I think I will take a break from these forums for a while. That's right, can't stand the heat so I'm out of the kitchen, and I won't let the door hit me behind on the way out.

peace
edit on 8-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

edit on 8-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: Aw, looks like we have a liberal mod in here.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

illogical nature of liberal thinking.

Is there no illogical thinking from conservatives too? Religious, yet pro war, death penalty and intolerance for muslims, homosexuals and liberals? Is the Bootstrap mentality really logical? Is thinking all the parents having kids are gonna take care of them and make sure they keep their bootstraps up logical? Is thinking corporations alone will put people before profits, logical? Again it is these broad strokes assigned to a party that are inaccurate and do not represent all that think liberally.
Logic is not exclusive to one party or ideology, imo, and to sit here and say one is illogical is...well illogical. I am not attacking you ANM, just trying to see this thru to some middle ground somehow, and show that any accusation can go both ways. Guess that's the liberal in me.

Oh the futility of it all. I have said my piece, carry folks.

What you have done is pigeonholed all "conservatives" by various "causes" for which liberals have accused conservatives of having a bias. This is YOUR construct, not the conservatives. You are saying that your average nazi represents the views of "all conservatives" and THAT, my friend is propaganda. It is deflecting attention from the true nature of conservatism, which is FISCAL conservatism, SMALLER government, LESS government intrusion into people's lives. Those are all GOOD for people, but you won't talk about that, will you? Nope, just keep spewing the rhetoric over and over: Anti this, anti that. All bullsht.

Here is MY brand of conservatism (and I suspect many others'):

Religious, yet ANTI war;
AGAINST the death penalty;
TOLERANT of muslims and homosexuals;
For:
SMALLER government;
LOWER taxes;
FEWER social programs that perpetuate poverty.

I'll leave out tolerance for liberals because frankly, y'all have been getting intolerable lately.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This thread is not about how Conservatives are illogical. To answer any questions of supposed hypocrisy by claiming that another group is hypocritical does not answer the question of supposed hypocrisy. You answer it with a cool head and a steady hand.

1. I believe women and men are equal, I will refer to both groups as a single entity. People. Therefore I believe some people are right and some women are wrong. I choose to side with liberal people, both men and women. There is no hypocrisy in this action.

The hypocrisy is yours to prove.

2. I believe that all races are equal, I will refer to all groups as a single entity. People. Therefore I believe some people are right and some women are wrong. I choose to side with liberal people, no matter what their skin color. There is no hypocrisy in this action.

3. I do not believe any law trumps the Constitution. Religious institutions would beg to differ. They are wrong. The Constitution is clear on what the Government can and cannot do according to Religion. This is why I am nonplussed about Sharia Law becoming any part of our Secular Rule of Law. Our Secular Nation has been able to fend off the Conservatives that demanded Prohibition, our Secular Nation will fend off any attempts by any other Religions to change us. This does not mean that I am anti-religion. I support anyone's right to practice whatever religion they wish, as long as it does not break the laws of the United States. There is not hypocrisy in this action.

4. I believe in helping all people equally, regardless of color. Any program that mires a certain group of people, is one that targets them statutorily and should be abolished. I support abolishing any program that does so. There is no hypocrisy in this action.

5. I believe in a person right to choose.

You have the right to choose whether you live or die. You have the right to choose whether you wish to have an abortion. You have the right to choose to commit a capital offense knowing the penalty. There is no hypocrisy in this action.

I assume that this post will be ignored, like my other two posts were ignored, because I do not suffer the ignorant ramblings of people caught up in their own diatribes. You people are the cause of much strife, both on this forum and in the world in general, both on the right and on the left. You need to understand that your thoughts, your bigotries and insults do nothing to further along any dialog. Your rants and ramblings are met with scorn from those that would fight you, and ridicule from those that see your illogical arguments for what they are.

Perhaps you are able to escape your self made prisons before it is too late, but I do not have that hope.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Just remember this 'logic' can go both ways and be applied as fitting. The nazi thing? Uhh, I do not think I implied that or said it, but hey, the ambiguity of the typed word can be unclear at times.
It's all good brother, it is just frustrsting when we, left, right or center leaning get corralled together and painted one color. There is diversity within each party, from fringe to centralized, but sadly the pundits play on the extremes and that is what sticks in so many minds.
Have a good one

spec

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Here is MY brand of conservatism (and I suspect many others'):

Religious, yet ANTI war;
AGAINST the death penalty;
TOLERANT of muslims and homosexuals;
For:
SMALLER government;
LOWER taxes;
FEWER social programs that perpetuate poverty.

I'll leave out tolerance for liberals because frankly, y'all have been getting intolerable lately.

so you are a social liberal,
hate on yourself now.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

It is pretty tough to miss what I wrote when you read the whole sentence. You responded right away to tell me that my answers were not good enough and a few pages later you have to apologize because you acknowledge you failed to read my post.

NICE!

Common tactic. The apology is made in small print while the echoes of shouts of accusation are still ringing. It is a powerful tactic, it works....look at the original post. All loaded questions full of suppositions and stereotypes. Demanding legitmate answers from nonsense questions he is parroting....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Since my questioning of the seriousness of the OP is somehow off topic, I suppose I'll try again in a more "constructive" manner (hopefully it's constructive in the eyes of a mod).

Us liberals (and common sense folks) support equality for all, including homosexuals. However, I'm confused on which liberals stated they want Sharia Law. Is there evidence that a vast majority of us liberals want such a thing? Please, enlighten us individuals of sanity.

Racism. You claim liberal blacks are praised but conservative blacks are torn down. Really? Have you listened to Rush Limbaugh?

We're pro women's rights and that goes for all women. We bash Palin because she's batsh*t crazy. She doesn't know a thing about politics and is the definition of what's wrong with American politics today.

Abortion. No one likes abortion. No one. It's an unfortunate procedure but if it needs to be done, then it needs to be done. And no, life does NOT begin at conception. Abortion is NOT murder whether you agree or not. However, letting the government MURDER you because of a crime is a bit wrong, no?

Hope I did ok, mods

edit on 8-4-2012 by SeventhSeal because: correcting a typo

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

reply to post by RicoMarston

You missed Seabag's point entirely. The point is why promote one thing then promote another thing which condemns it? The answer is unfortunately that Sharia Law undermines the Constitution and liberals don't care if their hypocrisy is showing under the dress.

No it does not. You being ignorant about what Sharia is does not make it any more scary to people that actually know what the # they are talking about. Your statement is not only not correct, it smells like you pulled it from the back of your pants.

Let's talk about what in Sharia is specifically scary or not, shall we.....

let's just base it on ordinary news

According to the Iranian Student News Agency and the UK Independent, the three gay male victims of Sharia law men were put to death at the end of a rope Sunday morning at Karoun prison in the southwestern city of Ahvaz, Iran. Cleric Abdolhamid Amanat made the announcement.

fromtheleft.wordpress.com...

That article does suggest this is a conservative stance, but I have yet to see American conservatives calling for the death penalty....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

edit on 8-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (freedom of speech is a farce)

edit on 8-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Elena Kagan isn't a liberal, she is just another racist elitist.

Here is one of her positions,

During her confirmation hearing, she said that "there is no federal constitutional right to same-sex marriage.

en.wikipedia.org...

Elena Kagan is one of the reasons true liberals are abandoning the DNC. That statement demonstrates that she has no understanding of the U.S. Constitution, and needs to read the 9th Amendment.

Try again. Naming fringe extremists does not support your argument.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Very good questions. I hope you don't expect any logical answers.

He got several logical answers, but the only ones anyone are discussing are the uneducated troll baiters.

No one in this thread is actually interested in furthering the discussion, only adding to the fury.
Exactly. He's actually gotten answers that are more logical and well thought out than the questions even deserve, but he and others seem reluctant to put down that broad brush. This thread truly illustrates just how broken the idea of a two party system is, with a few reasonable people being drowned out by the histrionics of the two extremes. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but at least this thread has made me feel intelligent, so reading it wasn't a total loss.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
However, I'm confused on which liberals stated they want Sharia Law. Is there evidence that a vast majority of us liberals want such a thing? Please, enlighten us individuals of sanity.

It is the same old method of propagation - take note-

They somehow find a way to make US arguing things that they MAKE UP.

So we sit here and argue about things that are just lies they have fabricated
which possibly keeps us from examining what conservatives do when they
are put into power, which it crush individual interests in order to promote
corporate ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join