It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...An American Couple Comes Into My Canadian Store... True Story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Funny somebody just told me to get the hell out of the US & move up north. What are the gun laws up there & do I need a passport to get over the border or will a carton of smokes do the trick?

Gun law? We have that here?

Interesting...

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

whether they are open minded or just RAH-RAH GO AMERICA type folks.

So being "open minded" means having your points of view and being anti-American?

edit on 7-4-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

I hardly see how this is "anti-American". Open minded ( I believe what was inferred) means that they don't have blind patriotism, much like you see featured in the news. Shame on me for feeding the trolls.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think it may surprise you to know that a good deal of Americans are of similar thinking, minus the wanting to move to Canada. Your average American is nothing like what the rest of the world thinks they are, we are just normal folk who want to live our lives in peace without interference from government for the most part. (well within reason at any rate). I think however that every single country has it's problems as well as it's good points. I would never want to permanently live out of the US, there is far too much good here and it's home for me! I'd never feel truly at home in another country I don't think. Although if I did move I'd have to move down to those little latitudes! I'm in the Colorado mountains and I'll be damned if I move any further north. It's too damned cold here for too much of the year as it is. LOL Some years we have snow on the ground from Sept till April/May.

I'm impressed that you were so kind though. The few times I have went up and over the border (used to live in Washington state), the Canadians were not so nice. The ones I met were arrogant and rude once they realized we were American. It wasn't until after I met my now hubby and met one of his aunts who was originally from North Dakota and then moved up to Canada that I realized Canadians were not all horribly rude people. LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh I've definitely fantasized about "getting lost" somewhere up in Canada. I really like the US. I wouldn't want to leave, but I don't want to be trapped here. I havn't felt positive about my government since about 1999. Oh I miss the 90's.

If I was closer to the border I may have already gotten lost.
I wonder if the borders getting tighter has anything to do with this?

You sound cool, even if your Canadian... hahaha I'm kidding. You sound nice.

An old Canadian friend of mine got deported after being here 4 years. Some mix up or lost paperwork or something. I bet they aren't so upset about it anymore...

I think it may surprise you to know that a good deal of Americans are of similar thinking, minus the wanting to move to Canada. Your average American is nothing like what the rest of the world thinks they are, we are just normal folk who want to live our lives in peace without interference from government for the most part.

This is very True. I don't know any Americans that are like how we are portrayed, or who like our government. I wonder where they all are? They do seem to exist.. Maybe?

~Dusty

edit on 4/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

And of course I answered “Welcome to Canada!”

This is a true story BTW and thought I’d share it here on ATS because, well it just fits. I have no idea whether they are still here or if they are returning to the US to prepare to leave for good but they were relieved at being welcomed by a complete stranger into another Country as a possible illegal.

All I can say is that in these times, borders don't mean anything to me. I didn't put them up and I don't stand there telling other citizens of the World that this is my real estate and you can't step on it. With all the crap that is going on and coming down, borders mean nothing. We have to band together to stand together because 1 person isn't going to win. It truly does take a village.

Peace

edit on 7-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Awesome. Was hoping to hear this. Was so excited I didn't read the rest of the thread, too excited to get a post up; sorry if it's message has already been portrayed. I just gotta ask/comment:

Will you welcome us with equally open arms when we begin to bring in mass quantities our coc aine, guns, underage sex slaves, race gangs, and ransomers along for the stay? I'm sure realize not all of us will be as like minded as these tourists you mentioned; good to know you won't mind the influx of corruption and crime across your southern border. Canadians are so nice. I can't wait to see what happens to the people when that's taken for granted by us new settlers.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
What town do you live in? I have a: cert in NDT, BS in Bio, Chem, and Gov, and a Masters in Policy. I am work construction and rescue equipment repair, but have done IT, teaching, and ocean rescue. The only reason that I have not moved to Canada is my 2nd Amendment Rights. Look if America falls, who is next? We need everyone in the field fighting. If they know about GMF, why are they not fighting it out here in the States? I just can not bring myself to jump ship, yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Been going to Ontario for almost 50 years every year fishing and the thing I dislike most is the attitude they take on firearms and handguns In particular.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have several friends that have mentioned this to me if our next election turns out the way it is feared to look like they are pushing it saying they fear our country is gone . I personal thought about but don't think I could handle the colder climate with my medical conditions myself . So yes I can tell you there are good American people out there considering the move that I am aware of .
John

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
hmmm, theres the proximity to Cascadia on one side,

but then USofA's hella worse!

as for if you were to go to Canada and decide to stay -- how would that work legally?

wouldnt u have to return to USA and apply for residency/work/citizenship?

or we can just go to Canada as a fugitive and gain citizenship? what haps to our US citizenship??

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
hmmm, theres the proximity to Cascadia on one side,

but then USofA's hella worse!

as for if you were to go to Canada and decide to stay -- how would that work legally?

wouldnt u have to return to USA and apply for residency/work/citizenship?

or we can just go to Canada as a fugitive and gain citizenship? what haps to our US citizenship??

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Excellent post love reading these kind and its great to hear that there are people like you around that understands that we need to stand together.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by SplitInfinity

Crazy Uncle or Pain in the Ass...Brother-in Law! LOL! Tell me...what does it feel like to be the 51st State? LOL! Split Infinity

I AM that crazy uncle.

Tell me...what does it feel like to be under us? LOL

Peace

edit on 7-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

It's GREAT to be below you! It's warmer...we can relax and let you do all the squirming....we get to get a good laugh when you get pissed off after expounding on Canadian Peaceful Nature...then go all...South American Soccer Mob...when you loose in the Hockey Finals...LOL!

But most enjoyable....we get to listen to bands like RUSH! Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Yes gun law here are a bit funny sometime if you follow them
Few year’s back had four or five camp trailer about 6 kid and 6 adult
And two of those were OPP (cop here)
Great weekend kid in pool & fishing until a 300 lb bear decried to join the party
Well after running off the bear a few time with those bang noise maker he was back
So after 6 or 7 time doing this now the bear was getting piss off and hungry.
Also each time he came back we had to phone Ministry of Natural Resource MNR
And log a complaint. of endangerment and ask for a cage (ya good luck getting one)
Now the fun start
Hour or so later OPP (cop) wildly banging on my door and ask me to come and shoot the bear
This time it was trying to get into one off the camper trailer
He said if he did it with his hand gun he would had to do about 3 to 4 hour of paper work
And probable would of miss it with that pea shooter anyway
So I ask him if he was declaring the bear VERY & ( IMMEDIATE ) DANGEROUS (YESSSSSSSSS)
Than and only than I had the right to go unlock my gun and bullet and shot the bear
Now the MNR fun start
But this is starting to sound like a RANT but that another story.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

In my sometimes job...we make no distinction between the U.S. and Canada. This is because when I am there on a job...the goals are the same for both countries. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Trill...where I live...Mass...we have a shortage of Hunters....so our Deer population is out of control. We also have been geting a lot of Moose roaming around and VERY LARGE Black Bear. Wild Turkies are everywhere and I myself have personaly seen a Mountain Lion...even though the State Enviromental Animal Service...REFUSES...to admit that there are MOUNTAIN LIONS in Mass. I think they don't want to scare the population which is around 6 Million in a very small area...so small that only Shot Guns are allowed for Hunting Deer and other animals and we have Wild Boar and many Phesant and Grouse.

I used to Hunt alot...but I am busy nowdays and I sometimes run into these....save Bambi types who have no clue that due to lack of Hunters...the Deer are starving in Winter and killing young trees around the Quabin Resevour....the Country's largest Man Made Fresh Water Resevour....great fishing....and alot of Bald Eagles.

The funny part is that Mass has more old forest and wildlife now than it did in the 16 and 1700's and I have a 3 to 400 year old Oak tree in my yard that is part of a very dense canopy that has grown within Human Neighborhoods. Yet the ill informed Animal Rights Groups don't talk about deer over population and the variety of issues it brings with it.

What I like about older Canadians is their understanding of Nature and their respect of it. I am a former Survival Teacher in several fields....Winter, Arctic, Jungle, Ocean....etc...and I hate running into people who decry Hunters as Murderers. All the while they have no problem buying a Burger from a fast food chain.
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Now, you gents understand that I love Canadians like brothers - beer swillin' bacon munchin' brothers that I don't mind getting in a scuffle with now and then so long as no one outside the family jumps ya, BUT -

I'm not moving anywhere. I was born here, and I'll die here, whatever method that involves. I can't abide by your house rules up there, so I'm here for the duration.

After reading this thread, I'm starting to hear an echo in the US, so I reckon it might be a lonely fight coming, but stand and fight I must if it comes to fight or flight.

Now, if you guys want to set up a refugee camp or two just across the border, I might come visit for R+R every now and then between fights, but don't worry, I'll not be staying and messing your country up for you - not so long as there are asses needing kicking down here. I'd rather fix my country than mess yours up, or die trying.

Just smuggle me a case of beer across the border every now and then, and I'm good to go, right here.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Now, you gents understand that I love Canadians like brothers - beer swillin' bacon munchin' brothers that I don't mind getting in a scuffle with now and then so long as no one outside the family jumps ya, BUT -

I'm not moving anywhere. I was born here, and I'll die here, whatever method that involves. I can't abide by your house rules up there, so I'm here for the duration.

After reading this thread, I'm starting to hear an echo in the US, so I reckon it might be a lonely fight coming, but stand and fight I must if it comes to fight or flight.

Now, if you guys want to set up a refugee camp or two just across the border, I might come visit for R+R every now and then between fights, but don't worry, I'll not be staying and messing your country up for you - not so long as there are asses needing kicking down here. I'd rather fix my country than mess yours up, or die trying.

Just smuggle me a case of beer across the border every now and then, and I'm good to go, right here.

Well Pardner...I applaud your stick-to-it attitude and will say that I am of the same mind on the other side of the border.

Just remember that if you ever need a hole-in-the-wall to gather and regroup...us Canucks will stand and deliver right beside ya!

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Trill...where I live...Mass...we have a shortage of Hunters....so our Deer population is out of control. We also have been geting a lot of Moose roaming around and VERY LARGE Black Bear. Wild Turkies are everywhere and I myself have personaly seen a Mountain Lion...even though the State Enviromental Animal Service...REFUSES...to admit that there are MOUNTAIN LIONS in Mass. I think they don't want to scare the population which is around 6 Million in a very small area...so small that only Shot Guns are allowed for Hunting Deer and other animals and we have Wild Boar and many Phesant and Grouse.

I used to Hunt alot...but I am busy nowdays and I sometimes run into these....save Bambi types who have no clue that due to lack of Hunters...the Deer are starving in Winter and killing young trees around the Quabin Resevour....the Country's largest Man Made Fresh Water Resevour....great fishing....and alot of Bald Eagles.

The funny part is that Mass has more old forest and wildlife now than it did in the 16 and 1700's and I have a 3 to 400 year old Oak tree in my yard that is part of a very dense canopy that has grown within Human Neighborhoods. Yet the ill informed Animal Rights Groups don't talk about deer over population and the variety of issues it brings with it.

What I like about older Canadians is their understanding of Nature and their respect of it. I am a former Survival Teacher in several fields....Winter, Arctic, Jungle, Ocean....etc...and I hate running into people who decry Hunters as Murderers. All the while they have no problem buying a Burger from a fast food chain.
Split Infinity

Now can you figure this one out
For the last few year I have been getting actual real mail asking for donation and get this
To stop fishing and hunting (I’, a tourist lodge ) are they nut or what
Ho seen a cougar also here MNR does not believe me either but will not me shot it either to prove it

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Well Pardner...I applaud your stick-to-it attitude and will say that I am of the same mind on the other side of the border.

Just remember that if you ever need a hole-in-the-wall to gather and regroup...us Canucks will stand and deliver right beside ya!

Peace

Yes Sir
Just e-mail the brand and quantity it will be waiting for you when you get here
May even have a chase for you also

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm a little confused by the OP, maybe I just need to think about it for a while.
I'm american, but live in europe. I still go back there to see my family and all and the attitudes of my own extended family and friends are very much as you described- less of them ready to give up already tho. A lot still hoping they can save America with movements and effort- the older family members of the boomer generation still think they can move mountains by yelling a lot and getting naked or something,, and their grandchildren are extremely idealistic and linking arms with the belief that if everyone focuses on the same dream, it can happen.

In between them there is my generation, the X gen, who just don't have any hope and are prepping and dealing with the details of survival, as they have always had to do, because of the friggin' chaos and mess their parents have always created . Every one of my cousins and siblings that are the same age as me have the same attitude.

This family (and friends) are on the west coast though? And the only place I have ever seen the extremist Americans in the right wing sense, is on the web, in forums.... and they tend to claim to be from the mid west?

I have all my family half joking that they are going to find a way to come live here with us, so we're actually just finishing up an apartment we made of our barn.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join