Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

So...An American Couple Comes Into My Canadian Store... True Story

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Sounds like you live in Victoria and you were talking to folks from Seattle..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Flag and Star for a positive story.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wait a minute....

You own a store and make profit??

Surprised you haven't been dragged all over the coals and called a demon!

Making profit is evil on ATS!!!! (apparently)

Evil profit maker you.

As you were....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Excellent thread Jude.
And a big thank you from South East of your border.
Perhaps someday we'll meet.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by jude11

Wait a minute....

You own a store and make profit??

Surprised you haven't been dragged all over the coals and called a demon!

Making profit is evil on ATS!!!! (apparently)

Evil profit maker you.

As you were....

Never said I am in profit mode...survival mode is more like it.

I posted a thread awhile ago when I started this new venture. Chinese, Pizza and a Bakery all in one. Took awhile but people are starting to love the concept.

Profit? Not much. Love..Plenty!

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
Sounds like you live in Victoria and you were talking to folks from Seattle..

ooh, so close. Only 500 miles from there.

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

One state south from Mass...Conn....people were calling the Police and telling them they were seeing a Mountain Lion. The Police and the Enviromental Police kept telling these people they were seeing a Big Dog or something else...until someone Ran a very large Mountain Lion over with a Car...killed it dead.

So then the authorities told the populous that this Cat was too well fed and must have been an escaped pet...but several hours before that Lion was killed...numerous people called in another sighting of a Lion miles from the one that was killed. They are covering it up.

In Mass...Hunters have taken plaster casts of Very Large Lion paw prints in mud and sand...still the authorities refuse to admit there is a Big Cat population. I have seen one myself and this Lion was BIG, well fed given the amount of overpopulated deer...and even though some have taken pictures....the authorities claim there is no population of Lions in Mass.

I know the woods well and I myself even with training and a gun am careful in areas that a Big Cat could easily ambush a person. Bears are getting very large also and are loosing their fear of Humans. In my Parents backyard...a Super High and Heavy Duty Bird Feeder...steel pole and concreated in the ground...was bent over by a large Bear. These Bears are tipping the scales at over 400 lbs...big for a Black Bear. Yet some people are still pulling the Hate Hunters Drama. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
One of my best friend's got married to his boyfriend and is moving to Canada in a month. I am jealous, and if I weren't married with two kids, I'd pack up and move there myself. It's hard to just pick up and leave when you have children and jobs.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yes I’m sorry to say that it will take the death of a few child or adult before the authority
wake up it a pity that somebody else has to pay for there supidity (there getting as bad as the donut disposer)
30 year’s ago there was none of this
20 -25 ago deer tack
20 -15 ago cougar tack
10 year standing 20 feet from deer in very good health
8 ago two good story of hunter having to kill attacking cougar
5 ago myself looking thru scope a mother and tree little one
And don’t get me going on the cancellation of the spring bear hunt
And how many bear I had to dispose off for safety reason.

Just my Nickel Worth

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Know how you feel, I haven't taken a proper wage in over a year due to putting literally everything into my business.

Starting to finally pay off though...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

and

reply to post by Trillium

Thanks, fellas! It's always good to know there's a place to go when you've got no place to go! You're good people - I don't care WHAT the Venezuelans say about you!

You'll understand that if you ever tell anyone I said that right out loud I'll have to deny it... appearances, you know...

=================

Trillium, I believe you about the cougar. When I was a kid growing up in the Appalachians we had the occasional sighting. I found a bunch of tracks back in a cave and followed them on out and up a mossy creek, so I knew it was still around, not ancient tracks. It killed a couple of dogs in the neighborhood, then went quiet again for a few years. Fish and game told me the same thing - they didn't care what I saw, whatever it was didn't exist! They also told me if I killed it I'd be in heap big trouble, and I told them right back that they'd play hell prosecuting me for killing something that didn't exist. I never killed it, though. Didn't have the heart to kill it if it wasn't bothering me.

Back in the late 90's after I was gone, that one or another one killed something over 20 sheep around there. The way I understand it, Fish and Game said that they were definitely cougar kills, but that they couldn't be, since cougars didn't exist there....
Those guys are amusing!

edit on 2012/4/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
really good read Jude

I have a similar story but that was me jumping the fence, I went to live in Arizona for almost 2 years, that was in 2004 when Bush was presumably re-elected. Boy did politics was a fun subject, most of the time was the people we met who wanted to know our opinion.

One of my friend had been playing an online game for a long time with this old couple. They were newly retired and decided to make a huge road trip around the states and canada for over a year. They needed people to take care of their house and suprisingly asked my buddy. So we took off.

During their trip they really fell in love with Canada (her husband fell in love with Tim Hortons mostly)
After living in AZ for 60 years they sold the house and went to live in Canada

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
lakes beaches border nearby......welcome to the beautiful Okanagan could even be Osoyoos.... I am a canadian living in England...And i have been all over the world and lived...and for the most part people are extremely friendly towards Canadians.....For being such a small populous It seems we have made a good impression on the rest of the world.....But i continue to travel around and destroy this image......as i inform the world of Canada's treasonous plot to take over the world....Muwahhhhh ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa....

The world is my oyster and i am eating every last one till they are all......mineeeeeeeee!!!!!

but on a lighter note.....It reminds me of Vietnam....when the Americans came up in droves....or even further back to the underground railroad in which slaves were taking the passage of fleeing from tyranny into the land of the free...."Welcome to Canada"

I at some point will be going back to my homeland.....maybe I might have to come in for a chinese baked pizza with egg fu yong.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Are the officers at the Consulate of Canada just as welcoming as the OP? I hope so. Hopefully, I'll get my Student Visa to Canada approved. Amen.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I worked in the service industury in an Ontario bordertown for several years. I've met plenty of American tourists - most were nice, intelligent, and perfectly friendly people to deal with. Good tippers, as well. The majority of American's I've met, overall, here in Canada are a fine group if folks.

A minority of them, usually the ones driving Hummer2's dragging a tralor to hold their fishing/hunting gear (not a great deal of baggage space in those penis extensions) are a pain in the rear to deal with. A sense of entitlement you simply wouldn't believe.

I watched one get taken down by a couple RCMP because he seemed to think his CCW in the states was somehow also valid in Canada. He went to a bar with his gun in its holster, bartender called the cops, cops came to the bar, RCMP saw the holster and immediately tackled em. It was quite a sight for sore eyes.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Canada is too far away, i'll just go to my families homestead...where we meet up if TSHTF, enough deer and wild herb and enough acreage to farm if needed.

Not that i'm really expecting it to get really bad...just yet. I don't believe in this 2012 mayan crap, thats Dark Ages see a comet in the sky and its the end of the world type of hysterical superstition.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
A radio host recently made the observation "Americans are naive and Canadians are hyperdelusional. This post is proof of that. I can understand why an American would want out. It is late in the game and there is too much evidence of what is coming down. Canada is a poor choice for a rabbit hole and here is why.
The late "not so great" liberal prime minister embraced the globalist agenda by opening Canada's floodgates to an immigration that went well beyond economic necessity and embraced ethnic diversity. This is in character with the old adage divide and conquer. When economic collapse comes the rage and frustration will turn into a race war and not the class war the globalists are hoping to avoid.
Canada and US armed forces are tied together by treaty to be used in times of emergencies like floods, tsunamis, earthquakes etc., but hypothetically in case of massive civil unrest resulting from societal collapse resulting from an economic meltdown. Foreign troops engaging foreign citizens spells disaster.
Government deficits are at record levels. Gov't debt should be zero as the gov't owns the central bank and can lend money to itself. Instead the globalists duped the gov't into borrowing from the private banks so that inflation would not get out of hand or borrowing be reckless. Isn't that exaactly what is ongoing by borrowing from private banks? Now the gov't has to pay interest to the bankers instead of to itself. It was also a precondition to Canada joining the G7. See the recent article on Global Research.ca.
Perhaps the most aggregious example was last years G-20 meeting hosted by Toronto. Canadians were hit with a $1billion to protect the very bankers who are systematically destroying the system. By contrast the Philadelphia G-20 the year previous cost $12 million. Docile hyperdelusional Canadians were riveted to their tv's watching agent provocateurs burning police cars and power hungry police officers abusing their authority; beating up and incarcerating angry but law abiding demonstrators. The did however detain one potential terrorist with a chainsaw in his trunk. This years G-20 is held at camp David as an austerity measure costing the US taxpayer substantially than the burden placed on the Canadian taxpayer for the Toronto summit.
The US and Canada are joined at the hip over coverups such as Fukishima radioactive fallout and contaminated fishstocks. Watch West Coast cancer rates spike in coming years.
Canada is a part of NATO, and having a military which is toothless; it relies on the US for defence. This in and of itself makes Canada subservient to the US government. As a NATO member, Canada is by default and enemy of the same enemies of the US. This makes Canada very vulnerable to any military engagements initiated by big brother. Geographic proximity makes Canada extremely vulnerable to nuclear fallout or even convenient targetting by single missiles with multiple warheads. A war is coming soon. Look at the way the US is provoking Russia, hemming in the southern border with bases and the western border with missile emplacements in neighbouring countries. The US is actively engaged in gaining control over all remaining petroleum resources; sources that China relied upon. NATO is the globalist army.
When China and Russia have built up their military forces they will be initiate a pre-emptive payback attack at a place and time fo their choosing. The naive Americans illegally in Canada and the hyperdelusional Canadians will be able to enjoy a Canadian nuclear winter together.
When I was growing up in Canada there was an adage that if the US economy catches a cold, then Canada gets pneumonia. 60-80% of Canada's foreign trade is with the US. Now Canadians naively assert that they have a better banking system than the US, and additionally Canada will diversify away from it's heavy reliance on the US economy. Wrong. There are no reserve requirements in Canada's banks. True that the majority of mortgages underwritten are guaranteed by the gov't. Isn't that what happened with Fannie and Freddie in the US but at least many of these had a fixed rate over the 30 yr. life of the mtge. In Canada when rates rise the fallout can be much quicker. Many Cdn's are one or 2 paychecks from oblivion. Hardlly a healthy situation!
This pontification,, of course, begs the question of what do I recommend? Canadians for the most part are like deer in the headlights. Do you really want to stake your future in a herd of lemmings? Think of a place geographically removed from the US, in or close to the Southern Hemisphere. This will limit your exposure to radiation in the likely event of a nuclear exchange between the superpowers. A country with a low population density and a stable democracy; there are a few. Believe it or not some of them allow an inividual more freedom than the illusion of democracy in Canada or the US. Choose one that is self sufficient in food production.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
nanu nanu

nice story and yes there are no borders in my eyes as well, remove the dividing illusion
way to many leaders with their own countries with their own rules and regulations.

I liked the story very much, hopefully there are more American people like them who visited your store and Canada

Mork signing off

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cayrichard

reading your post was intense, in a good way. Now ,i dont speak for all aussies , we are all welcoming as the OP is, but leave your baggage at home if you need to venture into the southern hemisphere to escape a nuclear winter.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Way to go my friend! Knowledge is respect

Im a fellow Canadian myself, 30 minutes from the border.. Kingston, Ontario. A few weeks ago my family and I decided to take our first trip to USA, we all just got our passports and were excited to shop and let our money blow in America lol (things are much cheaper down there) .. We get to the border and after running my father's name through their cool little system.. we are forced to step out of the car.. sit in the waiting room, while my father is harrassed, finger printed and finally told (basically) "If you want to come across the border you must pay $600+" .. All of this; because 25 eyars ago my father was with a guy who stole CD's -_-
So of course beign the big border patrol guys they are, they tell us to turn around where we came from (Canada) .. on the way back through we have to stop at the last border halt, the female border lady was SO rude, shaking her head, raising her voice and basically called us stupid :O ...

That was our first impression on America, and it will be my last. I dont ever care to cross that border after that.. Americans wonder why they arent liked so much across the GLobe.. it has nothing to do on an individual level, but as a collective most Americans are rude, 'patriotic' and very egolistic. Not to mention your country thinks he can pick on any other when it "Needs" something... I know not all Americans are bad people, but the majority treat 'outsiders' like sh!t. Im leaving to Norway in a couple months, and I willl avoid stopping in America, because I already know what to expect lol.

When sh!t gets bad Americans, try being nice, because it will be YOU fleeing to our borders, not the other way around.

From Canada

~ Love is an art
edit on 8-4-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join