It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will is the dominant force of the universe...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by intrptr

What are you talking about? Why do you think this will lead to Nazism? I don't understand your reasoning.

Not just Nazism, but Romanism, Maoism, Stalinism. All the isms begin with the strongest will. Once you lend credence to the will or will power being the dominant force, you open the contest for the strongest will to surface. That is usually a dictator. The one who imposes his will upon everyone else. Its a contest like King of the Hill?

Proclaiming humans inseparable from the other animals makes everything okay in a bid for assertion of the dominant will. Humans are supposed to know better and not join in that contest of wills with others. I know that is a hard thing to see. We are taught from childhood differences between us like race, class, wealth etc. They make us pick teams and compete "against" each other in games. The measure of the bestest in the end is the one with the most money, stuff and power. This a world gone top down crazy instead of all equal you have the top and the bottom. And then we feed the bottom strata into gulags, gas chambers and ovens.

And it all begins when someone convinces everyone else to assert their dominance over others thru their will. Like you are doing in this thread for instance. I know it seems innocent enough and how can it lead all the way to war and slavery and destruction on a mass scale? It begins here. And ends here.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Just as sure as lose - lose scenarios exist by will, so do win - wins. What would you will? Look at what you've willed so far. You would demand everyone surrender their will so that you can have your lose - lose world, and worse, you would expect us to applaud this and call it good.

The strongest wills can work towards win - win and why wouldn't they? What good is it having the strongest will if the best it can accomplish is a loss for all?

edit on 7-4-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by intrptr
Oh god fourth reich here we come.
Forgive us for we think we know what we do.

Oh God, Stalinism here we come. Forgive us for we know nothing of what we do and willingly surrender to tyranny.

Or any ism. Like Romanism, Maoism, Americanism, take your pick of dominant will theory. Then put the cherry of slavery, genocide and war on top to end each empire in turn. It all begins with the Triumph of the Will, right? If I get onto the bandwagon that goes with the flow or fight against it, I am wrong. The key is to not react. Even if it means my death.

What did you do in the war daddy? I refused to fight for either side. Both sides were wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

What are you talking about? Why do you think this will lead to Nazism? I don't understand your reasoning.

Not just Nazism, but Romanism, Maoism, Stalinism. All the isms begin with the strongest will.

No, ALL things come with will. All good things and bad things. It took a lot of willpower for Martin Luther King to speak up against the common racism of the day. For some reason, you are just focusing on the destructive things and not the good.

Humans are supposed to know better and not join in that contest of wills with others. I know that is a hard thing to see. We are taught from childhood differences between us like race, class, wealth etc. They make us pick teams and compete "against" each other in games.

Life begins with a competition. It is one sperm fighting against another to make it to the egg. If you can't accept that competition is natural, that is your problem, not nature's.

The measure of the bestest in the end is the one with the most money, stuff and power.

Well, this wouldn't be happening if people wouldn't slavishly just follow the belief systems of the world instead of their own will of their heart. Each person is an individual but due to brain washing, they get most people to view things in this light, that nothing matters but getting "things".

This a world gone top down crazy instead of all equal you have the top and the bottom. And then we feed the bottom strata into gulags, gas chambers and ovens.

Yes, They do it with their hateful WILL, and then the loving ones use their WILL to fight against it and help those people.

But both the good and the evil are both coming from WILL. The WILL of the loving and the WILL of the hateful.

And it all begins when someone convinces everyone else to assert their dominance over others thru their will.

Again, if people stopped caring about everybody else's opinion and stopped look for a person to "worship/honor" this wouldn't be a problem. They allow themselves to get manipulated through another person's will while their's lay unused.

Like you are doing in this thread for instance. I know it seems innocent enough and how can it lead all the way to war and slavery and destruction on a mass scale? It begins here. And ends here.

I agree. Will leads to slavery, war, and destruction, but it also leads to freedom, peace, and creation. Those people who fight for freedom are also using will. Those people who stand for peace are using will, and those who create are using will. For some reason you are only focusing on the negative aspects and not the positive aspects of will, when will is used for both.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

What would you will? Look at what you've willed so far. You would demand everyone surrender their will so that you can have your lose -...

I only speak for myself in this regard. How I would behave. What you do is up to you. I am not trying to assert my will on anyone. I am saying that if someone gave an ideology, religion or war and nobody came, then that would be better for all. But That is it. Look how the other method has worked down thru the ages?

I don't have to jump on their band wagon, or theirs or theirs. I am not going to get incensed about or over react to any ideology. Now if I am standing on the tracks when the train comes, I step off. I guess that is an exercise in will power. That is different than getting riled up about Terrorism or WMD or Churchdom, elections, whatever.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I don't see where anyone asked you to jump on any wagon at all, let alone a band wagon. Indeed, why would someone advocating will as the dominant force then turn around and ask you to surrender it to theirs? This is not what the O.P. did at all. There was no express language indicating any such thing and no implicit message either. You simply inferred what you did and used your own will to dismiss the O.P.'s message and equate it with tyranny.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

For some reason, you are just focusing on the destructive things and not the good.

You mean like planting seeds and watching them grow? Growing my hair? Hatching eggs? They do that stuff all by themselves.

Planting things and watching them grow requires no will power on my part at all. That happens regardless.
With a little TLC.

Your spirit, should be the top of your hierarchy. Not concerned with the things of this world, but how you treat others here now. Not concerned with love of money things and self, but concern and action for others. I know that sounds corny. It is the hardest thing one will do is show concern for others (instead of lording it over them].

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

For some reason, you are just focusing on the destructive things and not the good.

You mean like planting seeds and watching them grow? Growing my hair? Hatching eggs? They do that stuff all by themselves.

Well you used Will to plant them. That was your intention...

reply to post by arpgme

Your spirit, should be the top of your hierarchy. Not concerned with the things of this world, but how you treat others here now. Not concerned with love of money things and self, but concern and action for others. I know that sounds corny. It is the hardest thing one will do is show concern for others (instead of lording it over them].

Again, you are assuming things that I did not say due to your own judgement. If you would stop judging for a moment maybe you'll see what I am trying to say. I never said that only material things matter. I never said that ANYTHING matters as a matter of fact.

All I simply said was this:

Will is the dominant force because it is at the basis of all movement in the universe (and things are always moving and changing).
edit on 7-4-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You simply inferred what you did and used your own will to dismiss the O.P.'s message and equate it with tyranny.

In the end yah. Look around. Everywhere... you see... ruins. Egyptian ruins, Mayan ruins, Greek ruins, soon to be American ruins too, if we don't stop enforcing Democracy (our way of life, our will) upon others.
And it begins with:

Triumph of the Will

My wagon stops here. With my opinion, not bullets or flags or crosses.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

But I am not talking about a triumph, I'm talking about will.

There is a difference between victory (triumph) , will (intention) and a victory of intention (success).

I'm not talking about success which is the triumph of will. I am talking about the concept of will in and of itself, but for some reason you are not understanding this. I've repeated this many times. Hopefully you'll hear it this time.

I am NOT talking about success or failure or will, I am talking about will in and of itself.

edit on 7-4-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Will is the dominant force because it is at the basis of all movement in the universe (and things are always moving and changing).

Love is the dominant force, sorry.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

How do you know this? We can see people taking actions because they WANT to, but not all people, or even MOST people take action because of love, so I don't see how Love is the dominant force, also considering the fact that other life-forms have to die just to keep us living....

Anyway, how do you know that love is the dominant force? Are you using belief or reasoning?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

What ever it is you're looking for, that's what you'll find. You think I don't look around me? I look around me and I see opportunity. I look around me and I see the beauty of simplicity. I see the richness of life and all that nature has to offer. It's not that I don't suffer. I suffer, but in the long run that suffering has so little to what my own will can accomplish and how that can be good. You can wallow in your ruins if this is what you want, or you can look for the opportunities that genuinely exist, so you may successfully predict your own future of abundance and creation and bask in that accomplishment. You can feel same if this makes you happy, or you can earn your pride. That choice will always be yours.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Last night I was trying to make a point about the dangers of asserting ones will to get ones way i.e., what we want as opposed to what others want or dominating others. I am afraid I wasn't doing a very good job of it. For that I apologize. I realized I am not an expert at words and semantics in relating my point of view on the subject. Hope you forgive me for that. If one seeks to cast doubt on someones aspersions one should have it in mind what they are trying to say. Thanks for listening and remaining civil as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

In it... but not of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Last night I was trying to make a point about the dangers of asserting ones will to get ones way i.e., what we want as opposed to what others want or dominating others.

Sure, but I made this thread in order to discuss will being the basis, not how it is used...

I already stated that it can be used for love AND hate, but I'm talking about it being the dominant force behind it.

People use the will to love and the will to hate.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Whether you are light or dark-sided, you are WILL. WILL is the motion which keeps things in motion, literally and spiritually. EVERYTHING has will. All things are alive and WILL is life itself.

When you do what you WANT you are staying true to your TRUE SELF and YOUR WILL and when you stay true to YOU, you are going with the FLOW!

Don't just visualize about your goals in life, go after them and make them happen. That is the way to stay true to yourself. If you don't use WILL, you'll be pushed over by stronger WILL POWER from other forces.

WILL is God, Motion of Universe, Life, It is in ALL THINGS.

What is the one and only possession of a human being that cannot be taken but freely given or surrendered?

The Will is the only thing that a person truly possess that cannot be taken from them by anything or one

Thy Will (ones Will power) can only be manipulated, deceived, sold, or freely given up to something.
Those who think Knowledge is Power would be wise to understand the knowledge of truth.

Which First requires a Knowledge of Wisdom, Or as stated by Socrates– “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
Because anything you know and believe can and will be used against you by someone who can take your truth and use it as means to their ends.
Leading weak-minded individuals to follow others whether out of fear or thru self deception of the believers

Anakin Skywalker is the most powerful jedi but he was weak minded pawn, yes in the end he redeemed himself, but for all his power he lack understanding and was thus easily manipulated by the Dark Lord who took his fears to play everyone a fool.
The Emperor is for sure the devil in gods cloths Darth Vader is just his lackey to go handle the dirty stuff but the Dark Lord was solely driven by a blind quest for power is not that hard to read through honestly

Now the Joker is a real Devil hes not in it for material gains or power and control Hes just an agent of chaos

The Joker: I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm?

" Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push. “

Its all a joke to the joker that is his whole point
The Joker gets it and uses this knowledge to full effect on everyone turning their game plan on them
not even Batman got it in the "Dark Knight" Alfred had to tell him.

Bruce Wayne: Targeting me won't get their money back. I knew the mob wouldn't go down without a fight, but this is different. They crossed the line.
Alfred Pennyworth: You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.
Bruce Wayne: Criminals aren't complicated, Alfred. Just have to figure out what he's after.
Alfred Pennyworth: With respect, sir, perhaps this is a man that *you* don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in three months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.
Bruce Wayne: So why steal them?
Alfred Pennyworth: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Joker says to Batman "“You… you just couldn’t let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptable aren’t you. You won’t kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-rightousness. And I won’t kill you because…you’re just too much fun. I get the feeling that you and I are destined to do this forever.”

Some will always fight to the bitter end

COD MW3 "All warfare is based on deception;
The bigger the lie the more likely people will believe it;
Our enemies believe they dictate the course of history
But all it takes is the will of a single man."

The Jedi mind trick as i like to refer to it since it is the loss of will/willpower that allows the control of someone (like stealing or buy of the soul for the will is what gives the soul life)

Most will deny till they die some lack the will to understand and a few will fight against it at any cost,
For most will allow fear to dominate their world into submission.

Knowledge is power, but belief is what empowers it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here is a thread about it.

Another one.

I have been saying this for some time now. I am glad someones agrees, because its true!

Will is the moving force of life, will will make all levels of life evolve, including intelligence.

Will and then effort are the greatest forces around. With these you can achieve anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
vonnegut fan ?

UWTB ?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Perhaps WILL is the wrong word, faith is more likely. Faith that you will be succesful, being able to throw yourself in something and not being afraid. And faith that the outcome will be the best possible. Faith is confidence. Will itself it's very basic and no one lacks will, we are all living everyday life using our will to do simple things. But not all of us have faith, so most of our efforts done by will without faith of succes are pointless.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join