It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Solar Flares Causing Flight Crews to "Freak Out"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
New York Post

Passengers on the Dallas-to-Chicago flight intervened and wrestled the woman into a seat, while others captured the frightening scene on their smartphones or called 911. "She was just screaming -- blood-curdling screams," Bethany Christakos, a passenger, told the Chicago Tribune. "I will never get that sound of her screaming out of my head."

New York Times

Passengers on the Dallas-to-Chicago flight intervened and wrestled the woman into a seat, while others captured the frightening scene on their smartphones or called 911. "She was just screaming -- blood-curdling screams," Bethany Christakos, a passenger, told the Chicago Tribune. "I will never get that sound of her screaming out of my head."

I have not been around ATS for a few weeks. If this theory has been discussed I apologize in advance.

After seeing these Flight Crew members going crazy it got me thinking. Could Solar Flares have an effect on some peoples brains. I really don't buy in to the Zombie thing. However, if these flares are capable of having an effect on the human brain. Logic would tell you it might start showing up in Flight Crews first. They are at least the most vulnerable.

I really wasn't that shocked until I saw that pilot. Something got to that guy.

Well, I would love to hear any thoughts or theories.

It's nice to be back after a break...If this discussion took place I could not find it.

Please point me to it.....I would love to read anything about it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Was there any abnormal solar flare activity on the days the crew took their fits?

Would not at least a few passengers that frequently fly also be affected by a solar anomaly?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Do you think solar flares are a NEW phenomenon? No, this is not the cause!! Solar flares have been happening since the beginning of time. We do experience "solar maximums(every 11 years or so, which we are not even experiencing yet) I believe that wont be til 2013.

A solar maximum is the period when the sun's magnetic field lines are the most distorted due to the magnetic field on the solar equator rotating at a slightly faster pace than at the solar poles.[citation needed] The solar cycle takes an average of about 11 years to go from one solar maximum to the next, with an observed variation in duration of 9 to 14 years for any given solar cycle.

The last solar maximum was in 2000. Predictions of a future maximum's timing and strength are very difficult. In 2006 NASA initially expected a solar maximum in 2010 or 2011, and thought that it could be the strongest since 1958.[2] However, more recent projections say the maximum should arrive in February 2013 and be one of the weakest since 1928.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-4-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by whyamIhere

Do you think solar flares are a NEW phenomenon? No, this is not the cause!! Solar flares have been happening since the beginning of time. We do experience "solar maximums(every 11 years or so, which we are not even experiencing yet) I believe that wont be til 2013.

A solar maximum is the period when the sun's magnetic field lines are the most distorted due to the magnetic field on the solar equator rotating at a slightly faster pace than at the solar poles.[citation needed] The solar cycle takes an average of about 11 years to go from one solar maximum to the next, with an observed variation in duration of 9 to 14 years for any given solar cycle.

The last solar maximum was in 2000. Predictions of a future maximum's timing and strength are very difficult. In 2006 NASA initially expected a solar maximum in 2010 or 2011, and thought that it could be the strongest since 1958.[2] However, more recent projections say the maximum should arrive in February 2013 and be one of the weakest since 1928.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-4-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

I understand that. I wondered if we know the possible effects on the brain. Could it be cumulative?

It could just effect a small number of people. You are probably right. There may be no connection.

It just got to me seeing that pilot just snap. Also, I just put my family on a plane.

I guess things just happen....Thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How many flights are there worldwide? Millions... How many times is something like this seen in the news? Rarely... I'd say this is nothing more than random people affected in one way or another by their daily lives/the news/fear of flying/medication/dreaming/mental problems and a million other possibilities that happen in our everyday lives. They just happen to be on a plane (rather than at home/in a car/on a train/on a boat/in the dentists/at work/on holiday or millions of other places) when they loose control. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How Recent Solar Flares are Affecting Humans

There appears to be a direct connection between the Sun’s solar storms and human biological effect especially after an "M" class solar flare. The conduit which facilitates the charged particles from the Sun to human disturbance is the very same conduit which steers Earth’s weather through the Magnetic Field on Earth, and also through the magnetic fields around humans. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, tornadoes, and wind storms appear to happen after strong solar activity on the sun. Geomagnetic Activity on the Sun Influences our Thoughts I have noticed in my own research that solar activity is known to influence human consciousness. Solar flares affect the Central Nervous System (stomach lining), all brain activity (including equilibrium), along with human behaviour and all psycho-physiological (mental-emotional-physical) response. Solar flares can cause us to be nervous, anxiousness, worrisome, jittery, dizzy, shaky, irritable, lethargic, exhausted, have short term memory problems and heart palpitations, feel nauseous, queasy, and to have prolonged head pressure and headaches. Do you have any of the above lately? I am hearing from people in Canada, the U.S., South America, Japan, Greece, Malta, Belgium, Sweden, the UK, Australia etc. that all report the symptoms that I address after an episode of high solar flare activity. I have also experienced these symptoms myself as have many of my clients. Scientists don't seem to be addressing this, but we all know it is real as we are experiencing it first hand.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
something in their environment in the moments/days/weeks/months leading up to their freak out precipitates.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel
How Recent Solar Flares are Affecting Humans

There appears to be a direct connection between the Sun’s solar storms and human biological effect especially after an "M" class solar flare. The conduit which facilitates the charged particles from the Sun to human disturbance is the very same conduit which steers Earth’s weather through the Magnetic Field on Earth, and also through the magnetic fields around humans. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, tornadoes, and wind storms appear to happen after strong solar activity on the sun. Geomagnetic Activity on the Sun Influences our Thoughts I have noticed in my own research that solar activity is known to influence human consciousness. Solar flares affect the Central Nervous System (stomach lining), all brain activity (including equilibrium), along with human behaviour and all psycho-physiological (mental-emotional-physical) response. Solar flares can cause us to be nervous, anxiousness, worrisome, jittery, dizzy, shaky, irritable, lethargic, exhausted, have short term memory problems and heart palpitations, feel nauseous, queasy, and to have prolonged head pressure and headaches. Do you have any of the above lately? I am hearing from people in Canada, the U.S., South America, Japan, Greece, Malta, Belgium, Sweden, the UK, Australia etc. that all report the symptoms that I address after an episode of high solar flare activity. I have also experienced these symptoms myself as have many of my clients. Scientists don't seem to be addressing this, but we all know it is real as we are experiencing it first hand.

Riiiiight... A list of vague symptoms that could be possibly maybe perhaps be caused by solar flares. And this expert knows that these symptoms are caused by solar flares because of...? How does she know that? Maybe she's got some quantum higher frequency trauma energy trapped behind her well qualified ear? Do you have ANY ACTUAL scientific evidence that this is true rather than some cheesey new age website attempting to sell a $1500 alternative health course?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

If you actually read the post you would know that I didn't state my opinion, so stop assuming what my beliefs are.

I simply provided a link and excerpt that supported the OP's post, I said nothing about the validity of the claims.

And As for you.. where are you sources...?

At least I provided something other than instigational yada yada yada..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon77

If you actually read the post you would know that I didn't state my opinion, so stop assuming what my beliefs are.

I simply provided a link and excerpt that supported the OP's post, I said nothing about the validity of the claims.

And As for you.. where are you sources...?

At least I provided something other than instigational yada yada yada..

Ahh, Sorry about that. Your correct, I did assume they were your beliefs.

But I still stand by everything I said about that site. It is new age crap attempting to sell a course.

My sources. I have none my friend. Well, other than what I've read in New Scientist, Nature, NASA site, ESA site and Scientific American. There is absolutely no evidence that solar flares affect humans.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

It's fine - I'm not a sensitive person.

The last of the three links I just provided seems like a more valid source, although admittingly I didn't even get a chance to do much more than briefly look it over.

I'm up in the area with this one, normally I would be more on the skeptical/disbeliever side- but when the X5 flare reached Earth last month I remember feeling exactly like I did when I was in a MRI for an hour. Probably means nothing- but still struck me as odd that I felt an "effect".

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon77

It's fine - I'm not a sensitive person.

The last of the three links I just provided seems like a more valid source, although admittingly I didn't even get a chance to do much more than briefly look it over.

I'm up in the area with this one, normally I would be more on the skeptical/disbeliever side- but when the X5 flare reached Earth last month I remember feeling exactly like I did when I was in a MRI for an hour. Probably means nothing- but still struck me as odd that I felt an "effect".

Problem is, it's very difficult to isolate every other possible source for those feelings/behaviors. Very very difficult to draw any conclusive results. Magnetic fields do affect humans and animals but they need to be damn strong (and very close to the brain) for the effects to be seen. But without scientific evidence and a conclusive trail with the ability to isolate all other possibilities I just can't accept that solar flares are affecting people in the way described. I also have trouble in accepting that only 1 person per flight seems affected, why not multiple people? Why are we not seeing more of these incidents more widely spread? on a flight certainly there is a possibility of drugs like anti anxiety pills - for those scared of flying - and alcohol is freely available that sounds like a far more likely reason for these types of things.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Some side points:

I follow 3D Sun daily and don't remember seeing anything that happened a couple days before the Dallas incident- I could be wrong thought, does anyone know how to look back on spaceweather?

Also I think the fact that the more recent events started with a flyer discredits this idea, largely because unless the passenger was an globetrotter, the flight crew should have experienced it first.

Lastly, I think that this really hasn't been looked into enough to have any real consensus. The government would probably look at it behind close doors but them opening that up to the public causing panic is highly unlikely. I think if this claim was true, we would like NOT hear about it, and it wouldn't be talked about.

But I mean come on, if a solar flare has the power to destroy all these inanimate objects.. what is it doing to the animate ones? Too much sun can give you skin cancer.. too little will give you photo sensitivity. Is it really that unlikely that it would affect your brain in one shape or another?

To early to discredit any side really

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Personally I think something about this year is awakening people, and some people can handle it- and others can't. Leading them to just go crazy..

I mean is it really that unlikely that these people saw something, looked it up, got drawn into the conspiracies, higher levels of consciousness, and just couldn't handle it and flipped their switch?

Jung believed that there was a deeper and more significant layer of the unconscious, which he called the collective unconscious, with what he identified as archetypes, which he believed were innate, unconscious, and generally universal. Jung's collective unconscious has been described as a "storehouse of latent memory traces inherited from man's ancestral past, a past that includes not only the racial history of man as a separate species but his pre-human or animal ancestry as well."4 Therefore, Jung's theory incorporates Darwin's theory of evolution as well as ancient mythology. Jung taught that this collective unconscious is shared by all people and is therefore universal. However, since it is unconscious, not all people are able to tap into it. Jung saw the collective unconscious as the foundational structure of personality on which the personal unconscious and the ego are built. Because he believed that the foundations of personality are ancestral and universal, he studied religions, mythology, rituals, symbols, dreams and visions.

Jung

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Interesting input by all.....

I just wonder if the sun may be spewing out things we cannot measure.

Thanks for all the links...Looks like I have some reading to do.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
that one guy read fear and loathing the day before

bet he was trippin

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
cant say about the solar flares being an issue
but can you imagine the amount of radiation they are taking in??
Fukashima has been spewing for over a year now
im sure the atmosphere is full of radiation!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The day that the JetBlue captain freaked out was the Friday that the movie The Hunger Games debuted to many young impressionable minds.

I freaked out on Friday too. I thought something cataclysmic, global, was going to happen. Let me describe my perspective: I live in a forested area, that looked like the one in The Hunger Games. My maiden name is that of a bowman. And I'm a female. Add some ESP skills to sense my environment, and on Friday evening, I was having a panic attack thinking that someone was going to try to kill me, even though it was clearly untrue. Thankfully I knew it was a false impression enough to not take the panic into my life, like the pilot did, but it was still there.

Because human brains are like cloud computers, those impressions of dread, death, murder, and survivalism travel far and wide after the movie theatre, more so in younger minds with active imaginations who take the movie home with their little clouds and everybody else picks up on. Some impressions are harder to separate from reality, depending on your circumstances. That was a false impression.

These panicking people are sensing something outside that they can't comprehend, but they work hard to make it make sense. It can be real or fake, but I think it was fake for the captain. The captain translated it as a terrorist attack. Possibly they flew over a packed movie theatre where a terror movie was being played, and it trigger his panic. Solar flares only make the brain's bio-field weaker and more susceptible to erratic suggestion, and errors in perception, but I believe it was the movie that tipped the balance.

Call it the 100th monkey effect, or Jedi skills gone bad, or old fashioned telepathy. Or gremlins or aliens or demons. Actually from the pictures of the pilot, his face looks trance-like, so he's getting spiritual interference, I believe. I still think in the pilot's case some boogeymonster from a prisoner from one of the security guard's jobs manipulated the pilot to ruin the flight. Possession. Movies are made to do that too, being enchantments. That is for another thread.

It's not the sun's fault any more than you can blame the sun for auto accidents or being born on a certain day of the week. I want to blame the carrier signals of our modern technology; all those signals zipping from space to ground, pushing natural signals around. The signals that went from the movie screen to the minds, from books to the eyes. It is all a huge misunderstanding.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Seriously?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join