It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Abortion”-A Different Perspective. A Must See That WILL Change Your Mind!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is a 30 minute video I encourage EVERYONE to watch. If you have no time now, Please, Please, PLEASE, save the link for later.

First I must ask…

If you’re going to comment on this thread, I ask that you COMMENT ON THE VIDEO. If you’re not going to watch the video, than please pass on to the next thread. The thread is ALL ABOUT THE VIDEO. Once you’ve watched it, you can say whatever you want. Give the OPINION you want. I only ask that everyone be civil and mature.

Many of you already have it set in your mind as to your opinion on abortion. If I told you this video would change that, would you be brave enough to watch it, or would you just ignore it and walk away? I’m guessing most of you would walk. Some people are TOO AFRAID to see something that would maybe change their mind. Change their heart.

I would like to keep religion out of this thread. There is a short segment in the video about religion. My main emphasis is on the abortion issue. But if you feel you need to bring it up, than have at it.

-Propulsion

edit on 6-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
skipped thru the video

hitler blah blah god blah blah

one of the arguments is that there is a baby being killed. im ok with having abortions in the 2nd trimester. the fetus is still dependent on the mother and it is not conscious yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Thank you for posting this. Even if it touches one heart and soul.........you did well.

All life is sacred including animals. We live a destructive life because we are fallen and our souls in it's despair lives in the stasis of life unable to recognize the darkness that envelopes it. And so, we hide behind the lies we tell ourselves so that we don't have to be accountable but instead justify all manner of evil and ignorance.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't see the difference between aborting a child and what we do to animals for food. Or to plants for that matter, they're alive too. Where do we draw the line?

In a perfect world people wouldn't need to have abortions. Maybe we should focus our energies on removing the cultural and socio/economic influences that bring women to the need to make that choice.

Either way our planet is already overpopulated, and I don't think the government should hav the right to police the uterus, they are certainly getting nowhere near to my man parts.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
well I'm on for abortion as long as the kid haven't develop conciousness yet I mean it's not a person right?
edit on 6-4-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

So, the same guy that doesn't know the origins of the banana is telling other people that they are dumbed down?

Hypocrisy?

edit on 6-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

yup

most pro abortion ppl believe that life begins at conception, the label "life" is thrown around carelessly. we probably kill more life with mouth wash than with abortions.
edit on 6-4-2012 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow, this video is all sorts or wrong.

Comparing women that get abortions to Nazi's, seriously? Talk about trying to pull on peoples emotions. The whole subconscious theme to this video is that Women who get abortions = Nazis. If you're pro-choice then you're just as bad as Hitler.

Did this guy never read the bible? The God of the Old Testament killed whole cities, and whole civilizations. At one point the entire Earth.

Then the God of the New Testament struck a man dead for committing "blasphemy". Surely that God didn't value human life at all. Why isn't he complaining about that? How can you pick and choose?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
I don't see the difference between aborting a child and what we do to animals for food. Or to plants for that matter, they're alive too. Where do we draw the line?

In a perfect world people wouldn't need to have abortions. Maybe we should focus our energies on removing the cultural and socio/economic influences that bring women to the need to make that choice.

Either way our planet is already overpopulated, and I don't think the government should hav the right to police the uterus, they are certainly getting nowhere near to my man parts.
Man is a predator. We are one of the few species of on this world that will kill in spite. We don’t need a reason. We just do it.

I will have to admit that man’s priorities are completely screwed. Focusing out ward instead of inward would change a great many things. Or was that the other way around? Granted, we are overpopulating, but maybe if people would find ways to prevent pregnancy in the first place, we wouldn’t have that problem.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

We are one of the few species of on this world that will kill in spite.

Absolutely false. Do not fall back on myths when you don't know the truth. I'd add more info but that's for another thread.

Did the video change my mind? No. The video went far reinforcing my belief women should never ever give up the rights to their body. EVER.

It reinforced there are some out there with ways of thinking so radical they'd twist the truth into anything but.

*The above opinion is not directed at the OP.

peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

To me…A life is a life. If there is an emotional response to this video, it’s obviously saying a whole lot of something.

Unfortunately, I can’t speak for god, but I do speak for myself.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

We are one of the few species of on this world that will kill in spite.

Absolutely false. Do not fall back on myths when you don't know the truth. I'd add more info but that's for another thread.

Did the video change my mind? No. The video went far reinforcing my belief women should never ever give up the rights to their body. EVER.

It reinforced there are some out there with ways of thinking so radical they'd twist the truth into anything but.

*The above opinion is not directed at the OP.

peace
I did not say "homo sapiens" were the only ones who kill in spite. I know of many other species that will do the same. I guess the question to ask is...”how many other species of animal kills their own young”? Not many.

Note: be back later for more debate...
edit on 7-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Totally agree with you on that one. It's sort of a "give a man a fish" situation. Maybe if we change our cultural expectations of women, and the sexualities portrayals in media, our sisters and dupaughters would value themselves enough to take preventative measures.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Seriously? You want to force the rest of us to watch a 30 minute youtube video instead of cutting to the point in your OP? I got through 7 minutes of the video, and thus far we're comparing abortion to the actions of Hitler. Really? You don't have any point(s) to make of your own?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
reply to post by RealSpoke

To me…A life is a life.

Life is life, what's your point?

A dog is alive,
A butterfly is alive
Bacteria is life
A fertilized egg is life.

What is your point exactly just so that we can clear here about your position.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Changed my view as well. Very moving video, thanks for that .

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Not all human life is valuable.

Those who are the womb police would kill a doctor who performs an abortion.

Or beat up and harass a woman to no end. Or beat up the "ragheads" who come to America for revenge on 911.

So obviously, it's only the fetus that the womb police value.

Anybody else that violated their beliefs is open season.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Is it possible for the OP to give a bare-bones outline of the vid? If not, fine. But I'm not sure I want to give this vid 30 minutes of my finite lifespan when I already have a backlog of several dozen "must-see" youtube clips waiting for me to wade through. Can you give me a more compelling reason why I should bump this one to the top of the list?

Edit... just realized Southern Guardian made essentially the same point. Sorry. See where skimming gets you? But essentially....yeah. Outline or core point, please?
edit on 4/7/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The video revolves around Hitler, genocide, god, and abortion. It preys on morality and compares abortion to things such as driving a bulldozer over a pit of dying Jews, choosing to demolish a building with people inside of it, and so on. The entire argument against abortion is extremely flawed and consists of the same mundane, overused arguments: god says "thou shalt not kill," how do you determine when a baby is alive, how do you justify murdering a parasite, etc. The whole thing also seems staged, although I shouldn't undermine the ignorance of the average young adult in America.

Abortion is not a thing to debate; if it's not your womb, it's not your choice, please shut up about it already. Men have no right to judge abortion, women have no right to judge whether other women should have abortions. The fact of the matter is that the fetus is a parasite until birth, as host, the mother has the right to purge herself of it. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Your body, your choice.

What I find most ironic is people who oppose abortion taking a pro-freedom stance. If you are willing to deny a woman the right to govern her own body, yet preach personal freedom and small government, you are a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

Preventive measures don't always work. Besides, if we men want to ensure we don't have kids, we can get a vasectomy. Women can do the same, though obviously many people prefer to remain fertile.

We're all entitled to our individual opinions regarding abortion, but to turn opinion into law is to do women a great injustice. Nobody should be forced into suffering through an unwanted pregnancy for an unwanted child.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join