It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

help me understand your post. I don't understand about the ferrows or half moon thing. thanks.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cornczech
reply to post by mainidh

"I wonder if the people who think the sun is getting brighter and hotter, are ALL the same people who stared at it as a kid."

The sun doesn't give you eye cancer....genetics and bad luck does....(I work in ophthalmology)

THAT aside...I don't stare at the sun...I love my retina too much to damage it that way...BUT....I have told my husband for the last several years that the sun FEELS HOTTER then it used to...I can actually feel it COOKING my skin...now..I AM 45 years old and it could just be my white skin getting old....but..I ALSO notice the shadows are longer sooner....like the Earth has shifted....

My 2 cents...which is now worth about half,,,,,

I'm somewhere close to 30.. I am part Cherokee and Navajo. I have only been sun burned a couple of times in my life (takes about 4 hours without moving at the beach). I keep telling my girlfriend that the Sun is Burning me just like you say. I'm already tan and it's April, in the mountains... It feels like a microwave feels, I would guess.

I wish my girlfriend was on the boards to tell you guys how much I talk about about the Sun cooking me and not looking right.

I think the galactic center pulses energy at us in cycles. This is what the Mayans were referring to. There will be a new heaven and a new earth in the 5th sun...

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Got sun burned today in 40 minutes. I am RED.
Ummm, it's April. I am part native Indian and don't burn easily either.
Just sayin.

Yes I feel you on that one...

edit on 4/5/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Giarc66

Thanks for your post. We are all in this together, we should love each like-minded spirit (like you're doing). We're all in this together (perhaps by choice even). If nothing else, we're going to have some helluva good stories to tell someday when we compare notes

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSep

It's crazy. The crazier part is what this summer is going to be like, like another poster has already posted.

The craziest part is well, what I've already said about the end of this year. Hope I'm wrong. Doubt it tho.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

and becoming more luminous as well. Can't see all the normal countless stars anymore like we once did, but you can still see one or two 'stars' in the sky even when the sky is swamped with city lights. That's reflection, not a light source. Them's planets, and yeah the sun is brighter.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
The sun did change its light spectrum or did everyone forget that thread on this site. Will find it and re post it here when i do.

Prisms at the ready chaps.....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

You are completely wrong. The sun has actually gotten a tiny bit weaker over the last 15 years, as it shrinks and expands with solar cycle depending on activity. When solar flux goes up then sun also puts out a bit more light.

If sun really seems brighter in your area, then it is most likely local changes in ozonlayer or your imagination/eyes.

The sun has gotten brighter over last few years though, which is due to it moving from a grand solar minimum to a solar maximum, but even this is something i highly doubt you would be able to notice as the variation is really small.

Edit: It could also be that your eyes are more sensitive to UV light now. Most of us spend less time outdoors compared to when were kids which i bet means our eyes are not as used to it these days.
edit on 5-4-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RocketMan0266

Could play a small part in this sure, but we had fluorescent lights in all of our classrooms when I was growing up, and some classes had no windows to the outside. But then when class ended and we went outside, it was never as bright as it is today. Older eyes, certainly another small part. but then we wouldn't have accounts from others of there being NO change, I would say.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

It's not about obsession, it's about facing facts. If you don't like any of my responses, you're free to go outside and take a breath of fresh air. Don't let me ruin your day.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocketMan0266
I think it has to do with the 'Color Temperature' of the light we see on a constant basis.
In my early days I was always outside playing in the sunshine, at the beach, riding a skateboard and yes the sun was yellow (No computers, except for my brothers 6809 development kit, but that's another thread waiting to happen!) Nowadays I'm on the computer looking at ATS, email, etc and when I go outside, yes the sun is brighter!
My eyes have now adjusted to the color temperature of my computer monitor being it's primary source of light for the majority of my day and now when I go outside it seems brighter.
Or maybe I'm just getting old

And don't forget our artificial light has changed with the loss of the old incandescent bulbs. That can only play tricks with our brains and memory further.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Excellent post! And yes the sun looks much bigger too, because the corona is much hotter and luminescent. Anybody ever see the movie Tree of Life? Look how many times they show a shot of the sun in that movie, it's almost hard to count. It's friggin huge too. Much different than in 80's and early 90's movies.

Check out Nasa's view of the moon going in front of the sun sometime during the last eclipse. The moon no longer fully eclipses the sun.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

And don't forget our artificial light has changed with the loss of the old incandescent bulbs. That can only play tricks with our brains and memory further.

huh?

I still use incandescent bulbs haha..

link   

Basing argument on what the sun looked like in old movies is a bit odd.

link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Wow I don't know what about your post but I had the most incredible feeling of Déjà vu, like I read that once already before. But you just posted it. What a crazy thought, that we might be living this last year out over and over again! lol But it could just be our brains. Think about this for a minute and it'll drive you nuts if you get it and its implications: why when we touch our toe do we feel it instantly?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Excellent post! And yes the sun looks much bigger too, because the corona is much hotter and luminescent. Anybody ever see the movie Tree of Life? Look how many times they show a shot of the sun in that movie, it's almost hard to count. It's friggin huge too. Much different than in 80's and early 90's movies.

Check out Nasa's view of the moon going in front of the sun sometime during the last eclipse. The moon no longer fully eclipses the sun.

You should read my last reply and search it up yourself. Or maybe even go to forums of solarham.com... and ask in question thread for leif svalgaard"solar physicist".
Actual observations/data shows exactly opposite of what you are saying. Sun has not gotten brighter or bigger and this is something we know for a fact.
And the reason the moon did not cover the full sun, is because the distance of the moon varies all the time. It only cover the sun when it is close to earth.

Why exactly come up with theories that have no root in reality?? Just a few minutes research could have given you the truth. But I guess like most doomsday sayers you will just ignore replies like mine.

I might as well quote wikipedia as well:

The Sun is a weakly variable star and its luminosity therefore fluctuates. The major fluctuation is the eleven-year solar cycle (sunspot cycle), which causes a periodic variation of about ±0.1%. Any other variation over the last 200–300 years is thought to be much smaller than this.

edit on 5-4-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

No, I'm not completely wrong. I'm completely right. And you haven't said anything that I haven't already thought about or hasn't been said by others. You should really try a bit harder, if you can. If I thought for a second there was even the slightest chance I could be wrong, I wouldn't be on here dedicated much of my time and effort. Of course, eventually the likes of you will have your way, because like all good posters, I will tire of the game or get bored, and then stop posting. And some will get up from their computer chairs and do a little victory dance in front of their bedroom mirrors, and look at the next way they can feel good about themselves. But imo, a year, max. Not even.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Yeah, I'm familiar with all that too. You, too, are free to like or not like my comments and move on as well. Annular eclipses have supposedly happened. Too bad no one has any memory of them beyond a few years ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

It's not basing an argument, it's just supporting in a small way by way of example. I'm sure you can understand the difference.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
All good posters?
So that's why you only have one visible thread out of 4 and -479 points already.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I agree that the Sun is brighter but not that there is an aligment in 2012.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join