It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

wow, pure awesomeness, you have my thanks. it's no wonder that they recently reclassified our sun as a variable star...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks

wow, pure awesomeness, you have my thanks. it's no wonder that they recently reclassified our sun as a variable star...

np problem

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1

np problem

I'm a tad disappointed tho, in regards to the replies. Thought there would be more substance that I could respond to. How does a thread gain more visibility? It's not a matter of personal ego, it's getting the truth out there so that people with spirits like you and I can further awaken. I was asleep at the wheel for a long time. I don't want others to have the same experience. But then again like I said and believe, it's only to the hearts that are ready that will be ready. Still, to them they need to see this.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Where are you located? Right now in the US it is about 3 in the morning. Its best to post about 9 in the morning US time and that way you have the US and Europe responding to your thread. Great topic btw,

STM
edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Where are you located? Right now in the US it is about 3 in the morning. Its best to post about 9 in the morning US time and that way you have the US and Europe responding to your thread. Great topic btw,

STM
edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)
[/quote

Yeah I suppose you're right. I'm in korea, so the time difference can yield me the difference in results that I want.

Thanks anyway tho. appreciate your contributions here.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Got sun burned today in 40 minutes. I am RED.
Ummm, it's April. I am part native Indian and don't burn easily either.
Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

"I wonder if the people who think the sun is getting brighter and hotter, are ALL the same people who stared at it as a kid."

The sun doesn't give you eye cancer....genetics and bad luck does....(I work in ophthalmology)

THAT aside...I don't stare at the sun...I love my retina too much to damage it that way...BUT....I have told my husband for the last several years that the sun FEELS HOTTER then it used to...I can actually feel it COOKING my skin...now..I AM 45 years old and it could just be my white skin getting old....but..I ALSO notice the shadows are longer sooner....like the Earth has shifted....

My 2 cents...which is now worth about half,,,,,

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

i can only look at the sun now with sunglasses, but then again i didn't do to much sun gazing when i was younger because they told me not too.

very interasting though, if this part if intersteller space or w.e is full of some gas, maybe it is fuel for the sun, i've always wondered why ferrows had a half moon thing they would use to block out the sun to look at it, i wonder what they were looking for

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Shortsticks, your posting is an exact example why I refer to ATS website almost on a daily basis. It assures my sanity, "if at all possible", when I think I am the only one noticing or experiencing something. Without a doubt, I too agree with you in the Sun's change. My eyes are very sensitive to the glare, and I like what you call "white" effect, that there have been days when almost impossible for me to drive. Thank you for the post.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It could do with this off seasons we been having we have had 80 degree weather in March/April we should be ending winter in to spring.. This year we had a sorry excuse of a winter skipped spring and went to summer.. THIS is not normal for southern Indiana! Hell today i went out side and was at the city bus stop for 15 minuets and got burned!

Could explain a great many things.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
well could explain why the other planets in our solar system are also heating up.
Hate to give credit to the Russians, but they saw that a while ago,,

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think it has to do with the 'Color Temperature' of the light we see on a constant basis.
In my early days I was always outside playing in the sunshine, at the beach, riding a skateboard and yes the sun was yellow (No computers, except for my brothers 6809 development kit, but that's another thread waiting to happen!) Nowadays I'm on the computer looking at ATS, email, etc and when I go outside, yes the sun is brighter!
My eyes have now adjusted to the color temperature of my computer monitor being it's primary source of light for the majority of my day and now when I go outside it seems brighter.
Or maybe I'm just getting old

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
If the sun is becoming so much brighter why is it not one professional or amature astronmer has come forward with any evidence of this whatsoever. it's always "i remeber when i was young...." . Your eyes do degrade over time. ever think of that? I've worked outside everyday for the last 15 years and have been a amature astronomer for just as long. I assure the sun is no brighter now than it was 15 or more years ago. No matter how much you want your little 2012 non-sense to happen

I just hope your observation skills are better than you ability to type the word amateur correctly. I know I shouldn't nickpick over spelling, but errors in spelling or grammar have always been my own personal bane. Okay I'll try to overlook them. But how can that little squiggly red line not cause you to do a simple thing and change it? it's built in automatically to every computer I've ever used recently.

in any case, your observations could not be observations at all. could be you're just lying. I'm not accusing you of being a liar, but we can all make claims. I've made my claim, yes, but hopefully with a little bit more of context to state my position. if you want to make your case better than you should put more effort in couching your observation in more detail, so we can take you more seriously. as it is, you just look like someone trying to reassure us that 2012 is not going to be a big deal, like tptb would most certainly like us to believe, as is my contention.

Since you have called into question alkesh' observations as an amateur astronomer by a slight of hand trick distraction with spelling, it is up to you to present evidence that he/she is wrong.

By the way, since you started this underhand trick:

"tptb" is an acronym and should be in capitals, so your grammar is bad.
Sentences start with a capital letter and you have missed so many!
Prepositions (but) are very rarely preceded by a comma but (!) your use is not a rare case.

I'll stop there. People in glass houses should not throw stones. If you wish to call into question alkesh' observations please provide evidence of your own.

Personally, just an opinion, I believe you are on the attack like this because alkesh hit out at the 2012 conspiracy culture which is growing fast and you are one of its followers.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

"but it wouldn't surprise me if that's also a conspiracy to make us believe it was a hoax".

OK folks when statements like this are made in defense of a conspiracy it's time to take a step back and really ask yourself: "Am I that obsessed it has come to this?"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

Your post made it easier for me to say this, but I also feel like the sun feel's hotter, like I can feel it roasting my skin in minutes, deep under my flesh. My mind took note of this (seemed to start about 6 years ago?) but I kept telling myself I must be going bonkers because if it were true the effects would be known in the scientific community etc.

So, I just left it in the back of my head, but something in your post saying the same thing made me think I'm not mental! So, my mind clicked with an answer (of sorts).

I believe (hopefully you can verify) that its because of a change in my lifestyle. My disability started about 10 years ago, ever since I've not worked and am home bound. I've spent years INDOORS! When I go out, its in a car, a brief venture outside, then into a shopping center... Back home... Repeat for 10 years.

I think the continual shading of our flesh has left us far more vulnerable, therefore we are feeling the burning heat much much more. Well, thats my theory.

(Also, how can anyone stare directly at the sun for 10 minutes?? Even as a kid a few seconds is all I would risk! I still have no need for glasses
)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've been noticing this for a few years myself. Things were definitely different when I was a little girl. Friends and I would play outside for HOURS and hours without sunscreen, without as much as a -little- tan. Today, I go outside and get burnt regardless of sunscreen.

I vividly recall being told "Do not stare at the sun!" and thinking it was stupid because it was so -easy- to stare at the sun. Still, I did not.

It was probably last year when it really bothered me. I was driving in my car, bored, looked up to the sun and had to immidiately look away. It was white, and it seemed MUCH larger. It actually triggered a panic attack for me, as I thought something must have been wrong.

Now I try not to look. Occasionally I will catch it out the corner of my eye but the size and brightness just give me chills. It doesn't feel right to me, but I am no scientist, just a girl who listens to her gut.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The skinny of it is just what I said in the title, the sun is brighter. By that I mean the sun is whiter and brighter in the last 10-15 years than I've ever seen in my entire life. I believe everything comes together for a reason in this life, and I consider it no coincidence that while growing up in my little small world in the country with nothing to keep me occupied like kids have nowadays like TV and video games and cell phones, while I didn't have any type of conspiracy on my mind at the time, the things I took notice of in all my spare time then without a care in the world are now coming back to me. This to me is no coincidence.

The reason why this is important is because when our solar system traverses an interstellar gas cloud, the increased energies simply give the sun more fuel and become brighter. This stuff of fluff so to speak is scientifically verified by the likes of ibex to name one. They have labeled it a ribbon, I remind you. They're not going to tell you everything, esp not that it originates from the galactic center and disc/plane of our galaxy.

I want to reply to this with something I said in another thread in relation to Global Warming. I have only read OP.

It seems to be a cycle of sorts. Maybe we are still coming out of the Ice age? Maybe this part of space has ambient radiation, like an energy cloud we may be going through? Maybe the 5th sun is on the horizon?

who knows? The whole humans are evil thing is so old, and it's meant to keep you down, where you belong. Go back to sleep.

I like to use question marks so as not to offend the the readers mind. Like a backdoor.

I highlighted some parts I thought were important. When I was little the sun was yellow and I could stare at it. I remember this because I liked to make mommy mad at me when I was like 3-6. She would always say "Don't look at the sun! you'll burn your eyes out!" This would have been the late 80's.

Recently with the whole Chemtrail hypothesis (me unsure), and Nibiru (being near sun [claimed]) I have been looking toward the sun a lot more lately, than I had before as an adult.

You cannot even look in the direction of the Sun it burns so bad. It does look bright white, as far as I can tell. I see some blueness, but for me it's because it's over powering my eyes, so I can't confirm that part. The other day I was on my way home near sunset and I was able to look at the sun. I was really surprised turned to my girlfriend and she had this weird look on her face. She had noticed it too. The sun was yellow at sun set and we could look at it perfectly fine. It kind of made me sad for my past...

Off to read the rest.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

I think you meant SLEIGHT of hand, not slight.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

That's the thing, when I was in Denver for a few years I also got burnt in just an hour even applying sunscreen. I just thought it was only because of the higher elevation. And yes btw black folks have also been reporting getting sun burnt. If that doesn't raise a red flag (pun not intended) I don't know what else will.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

Thanks for your account. Today too I just couldn't believe how bright the sun was. I think since the sun has been quiet for the past few weeks, that extra fuel it hasn't released yet has made the sun even brighter. Should be one helluva flare coming up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join