It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hello OP. your theory matches mine to some degreee...except i have a sneaky hunch that the cloud of energy (Plasma or whatever) is heating the planets as well on the inside.......
This is also causing earthquakes and vulcanism.....
In fact id be willing to bet this has occurred before too....
Perhaps 25000 yrs ago....
The idea that this cosmic cloud is energizing the solar system is also proposed by scientists here and there ....its not illogical.
I hope somebody does some definitive research into it.
Great thinking!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Probably the only reason they don't use a white crayon is a simple matter of practical things: white on white paper tends not to work so well in art, at least for kids lol

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Yes I've thought about this before at length too. It might not have been pollution back in my country when I was growing up to see things like a dark red sun at sunset, but might have had something to do with all the dust from the country roads in my area. Still, had to be a helluva lot of dust for not just me but for everyone around the world who could go shirtless (guys anyway) in the sun all day long and not cringe the next day. And this happened day after day for me in the summer during summer vacation. Is this also the reason they wanted to change the school years to being full years? but I guess they don't have to now, safety of our kids are now our supposed agenda, so they stay indoors now with their computer games or internet or TV. So the issue I guess is moot now.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

yeah I regret having put that idea into the conscious minds of folks from another post I made a while ago (not on here). If you don't know what I'm talking about, i won't elaborate.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Spot on~

Yes I do also share your hunch. Like I said (which I took from my other most-revered poster again) it's another of earth's survival mechanism. The Earth would lose all its atmosphere and perhaps all water too if the Earth didn't respond to the sun's increased brightness. When TSHTF it can only take so much heat, so volcanic plumes will block our skies. Of course this is a mixed blessing for us to be sure. But at least the earth will survive for the next go around.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have always suffered from mild photophobia which is at least partly caused by the iris part of my eyes being slow to dilate when the light level increases,this is mainly a problem when driving at night when oncoming cars even on dipped beam all look to me as if they're still on mainbeam,in fact as I get older (I'm now 52) it seems to be getting gradually worse.

The colour of the sun to me hasn't changed,and if it's luminosity had increased along with my increasing sensitivity to bright lights it'd be impossible for me to go out on a sunny day without wearing VERY dark sunglasses.I have never worn sunglasses and never will unless my condition gets so bad that for medical reasons I have to,but to me the sun is the same brightness this year as it was 40 years ago when I first started noticing these things.

More proof (well maybe not real proof) is that even today I still use more or less the same settings on my current digital camera as I did back in the 1970s on my first film camera.I still need to use 400 ASA to get a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the action on fast moving sports subjects,which from memory is the same as I was using back then with 400 ASA film.If the light level had increased by any significant amount,the exposure times (shutter speeds) would have shown a noticeable decrease to give blur free photos.Take a photo at 9 AM on cloudless bright sunny day and you could be using a shutter speed of say 1/400th second,take a photo in the same place at mid day when the sun is at its highest in the sky and you could be up to 1/2000th second,3 PM maybe 1/1000th second and then 5 PM back to 1/400th again.The point of the previous is that the human eye doesn't see anywhere near the difference the camera does as it has a MUCH wider dynamic range it can comfortably handle.

More people wearing sunglasses and shorts is purely down to personal dressing taste.Wearing sunglasses is considered by some to make you look "cool" and again wearing shorts of a particular style is as much a fashion statement as a way of not suffering from overheating legs.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

Point taken. For those that they say there has been NO change. How many solar cycles have they been through?
To date I have been through a few since 66. Yes the sun HAS changed, but perception of what has changed may be due to environment (location, environment, etc) Here is AUS, the sun has been strong as ever and sometimes a little hotter

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

The only thing I'm able to say about your excellent post (btw) is that if you have a condition that you can't perceive changes in brightness, then I don't think you qualify (excuse me for saying) to say the sun has either increased or decreased in its brightness.

As far as your experience with your camera, I simply don't know. We'll let your words stand, so far this has been the only meaningful counterargument. And so it should stand, because I believe we should definitely hear both sides of the story. There's always more than one. I still stand by my thoughts ultimately, but still quite grateful that you posted.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This lecture/video is a metaphysical lecture that speaks of the changes we will experience because of the huge bursts of energy emanating from this "cloud". In my opinion.... its AWESOME and she explains it in detail and sites her references so you don't have to just take her word for it. I've shared it on ATS but as of now I know of no one else who has watched it. I want feedback if anyone does indeed make the time. Thanks in advance if ya do.

Dr. Viola Neal and Dr. Shafica Karagulla wrote a book (Through the Curtain) years ago (1981) that speaks of this cloud as well. www.answers.com... They also speak of what changes will take place with us, our Planet, our Sun and really... the entire Solar System.

What I am in awe about this morning is last night I watched a video of Michio Kaku and he spoke of where the human race is going. He speaks of the future and how in 100 years we will control this planet, weather, want to control a star and so on....

Makes me wonder.... are they trying behind the scenes now? Obviously they are with CERN and we all know about it... that is not something they can hide. Makes me wonder though... what if anything (experiments) are they hiding? I just created a thread asking ATS what they think... check it out. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RocketMan0266

How would you characterize your summer there?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by juleol

The new interstellar plasma cloud has everything to do with it. This is so easy to understand, I'm not sure why you don't understand. The sun is also reclassified as variable. Because of its change.

Here's the sun today:
en.wikipedia.org...:The_sun1.jpg

And this is what the sun used to look like, but when it was midday, not at sunset:
en.wikipedia.org...:Sunset_over_Leek.jpg

Used to be at sunset it was dark red. These observations are shared by many of us. You can choose to ignore it all you want. It ultimately doesn't matter to me.

Are these sunsets red enough for you??

No change in sunsets here in Norway... And sun during noon-midday i have seen no change in either.
And about the interstellar plasma clouds.. If they had affected the brightness of the sun, then this would affect the observations as well.
edit on 5-4-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

thanks for that. looks like a long watch, and so you'll excuse me if I don't offer something more of an intelligent reply until I watch it in its entirety.

question about it initially tho: is it very new agey and goes into higher vibrations and all that jazz?

on a related note, do you know the one thing that I really worry about? it's something my revered poster said. stay away from cities, because nuclear explosions will destroy your soul. now that's some shi*. I honestly don't know what to think about that. I hope that's not totally off-topic, because I don't think it is. the sun might go super nova (not really, but close) and release more energy than a million nuclear bombs. I hope the same from the sun doesn't annihilate our souls, because if that were true, then we were all put on here for one reason: to get rid of us. Sorry, I haven't intended to spread fear in any of my posts thus far. But I am only human after all.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

shi*, I should've known there's an easier way to put links into my posts. Oh well, live and learn.

And to your question, nope, not red enough. Not from my experience anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If, perhaps, we are currently 'off' the galactic equator, would it suffice to say that the waves of light have been less intense due to the fact that we are not receiving the direct waves? As we approach the plane, would it cause the frequency of light waves to be slightly higher than if we were moving further from it? Just an idea, but perhaps it has some merit?

I do not claim to be an astrophysicist, but I read a bit. lol

I enjoy participating in these conversations.

- It would be a similar concept to light bending in our atmosphere causing red sunrises/sunsets...
edit on 4/5/2012 by HardyWhite because: additional thoughts..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Shortsticks, S&F for an excellent thread, not only have you introduced a stimulating subject but I take my hat off (my sunhat) to you for your prodigious attention to your thread and your engaging, always interesting and intelligent replies to posters.
Very impressive. Your dedication is inspiring.
Also I wonder if you noticed how you have drawn out new members (and /or people with low post tallies), I know that many of the most intelligent members read and learn before posting and your thread has elicited responses from this often overlooked silent ATS demographic.

As I age, my viewpoints are in a constant state of flux and I love ATS because of its varied and often merciless attitude to ignorance. It has changed my attitude on many occasions to many viewpoints which proves its worth.
Anyway keep up the passion.
Respect.
P.S in the long run, the sun will be the death of us, it giveth life and it shall taketh it away.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by MamaJ

thanks for that. looks like a long watch, and so you'll excuse me if I don't offer something more of an intelligent reply until I watch it in its entirety.

question about it initially tho: is it very new agey and goes into higher vibrations and all that jazz?

on a related note, do you know the one thing that I really worry about? it's something my revered poster said. stay away from cities, because nuclear explosions will destroy your soul. now that's some shi*. I honestly don't know what to think about that. I hope that's not totally off-topic, because I don't think it is. the sun might go super nova (not really, but close) and release more energy than a million nuclear bombs. I hope the same from the sun doesn't annihilate our souls, because if that were true, then we were all put on here for one reason: to get rid of us. Sorry, I haven't intended to spread fear in any of my posts thus far. But I am only human after all.

In my thread... www.abovetopsecret.com... .. I linked this one.... hope you don't mind.

If you make the time to listen to what she says.... your jaw will drop and it will all make sense. It did for me anyway. I have watched it 3 times.. its awesome. In my opinion its not new agey..but what do I know. lol

In my thread I speak of what they may be trying to control right now... like.... the Sun, Earth, and even human thought. I would love your input.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The Sun is not varying to any great degree. If you wish to disagree with that statement, please reference luminosity and spectrum analysis data. It is really tiring to see people like the OP reference nothing other than some anecdotal evidence that no one should find acceptable. To other's that simply post "you're on to something," shame on you. Denying ignorance does not mean you should accept something that is barely a step up from fabrications, if at all.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

I get what you are saying, and it is a scientific fact that when stars pass through gas clouds, they will absorb ambient gasses, in some cases this may add fuel to the star prolonging it's life, but in most cases it never actually becomes part of the core, it burns off, or changes long before it joins the star. If our sun, managed to pass through a gas cloud large enough for it to actually change and burn brighter, and hotter ( which would change it's colour) we would have been well aware of a gas cloud of that density in our solar system. It's a well known fact that our sun is getting older, which means it will continue to lose it's luminosity, and eventually will change into a red giant. Our sun is not yellow, it's white and it's predominant light is yellow/green. The blue you see is because of our atmosphere. Our sun is actually a yellow dwarf star, which most people don't seem to know. When it reaches the end of it's life cycle it will expand into a red giant and probably greater than the extent of our solar system. The outer shell will burn off, and when the core reaches a million kelvin it will collapse into a white dwarf, surrounded by a planetary nebula. So As much as you have an interesting thought here, I think it is just an over active imagination, fueled by your country lifestyle. The sun isn't brighter, it isn't blue and it isn't about to change for millions of years... Sorry, but good try piecing together the kachina prophecies. Many others have tried the same with Elenin, and the proposed incoming heavy mass object. Elenin being the blue star, nibiru being the Red. Unfortunately Elenin wasn't blue, and it dissappeared and Nibiru isn't coming, nor will it by november. Nice try.

I suggest you read up on the sun, though. There is lots we don't know, but we would know if it was changing like you think it is.
edit on 4/5/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orderamongchaos
The Sun is not varying to any great degree. If you wish to disagree with that statement, please reference luminosity and spectrum analysis data. It is really tiring to see people like the OP reference nothing other than some anecdotal evidence that no one should find acceptable. To other's that simply post "you're on to something," shame on you. Denying ignorance does not mean you should accept something that is barely a step up from fabrications, if at all.

My daughters teacher was having health issues and wasn't her self (she retired). She said "shame on you" to my daughter and it hurt her so bad that she came home to tell me about with tears streaming down. She is only 11 but still.. words can hurt.

I can honestly say that if you want someone to get upset then say "shame on you". I won't say it back to you because two wrongs don't make a right but if you don't agree with the OP and or this thread... why type anything negative....just move on to something you like.

If you do not see any changes with our Sun... then for you there is no change.

I for one have been researching this subject for a long time and I think the OP makes some credible and valid points and there is evidence that backs it up. Whether or not the evidence is fact remains to be seen. We will definitely know sooner than later though.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orderamongchaos

Nice to see someone else here who use logic.

And how much stars these threads get just makes me sad. ATS is now full of people who just believe these stories simply because they want to while ignoring everyone who actually post evidence that contradicts these blind beliefs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join