It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by juleol

No, I'm not completely wrong. I'm completely right. And you haven't said anything that I haven't already thought about or hasn't been said by others. You should really try a bit harder, if you can. If I thought for a second there was even the slightest chance I could be wrong, I wouldn't be on here dedicated much of my time and effort. Of course, eventually the likes of you will have your way, because like all good posters, I will tire of the game or get bored, and then stop posting. And some will get up from their computer chairs and do a little victory dance in front of their bedroom mirrors, and look at the next way they can feel good about themselves. But imo, a year, max. Not even.

But observations and science shows the exactly opposite of what you claim, so how exactly do you know you are right?? I am just trying to educate people here, but you seem to be one of those that goes on blind faith.
Just because sun seem stronger to you, does not mean that this is the case. It might be your eyes that have changed with aging or ozonlayer getting weaker in your area.

There is absolutely nothing to support your theory, which is why i am responding here as the theory just aint true.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

don't know what the points mean. probably has to do with my behavior last night, which I explained in a private message to the mods. Don't understand what a popularity contest has to do with anything about it either.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Yeah, I'm familiar with all that too. You, too, are free to like or not like my comments and move on as well. Annular eclipses have supposedly happened. Too bad no one has any memory of them beyond a few years ago.

This is a discussion forum. You have to expect response from the likes of me when you spread false information like this.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Whose observations? Yours? Well you should peruse this thread a bit more, because there are many more who agree with me. Do you just disregard all others' observations that don't fit into your world view? You shouldn't do that, you pass up a lot in life.

Scientific facts? You mean like the IBEX which has confirmed we are in a new highly concentrated electrical gas plasma? So you think this has no practical consequences for us whatsoever? That nasa would spend countless millions to study it, just for our own intellectual curiosity? that's a bit much, honestly. I hope you can take of your blinders for a moment and look at things objectively and not with your own predeveloped dispositions.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I do, and actually glad you came on board.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have noticed this over the years myself. Sunlight seems very intense and white these days. You can see this mirrored in movies/video games over the last decade or so, a kind of washed out light effect (art imitates life subconsciously?) I have come to the conclusion that it is changes in our atmosphere that have changed the light that is filtered down to us, and not the sun itself...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Whose observations? Yours? Well you should peruse this thread a bit more, because there are many more who agree with me. Do you just disregard all others' observations that don't fit into your world view? You shouldn't do that, you pass up a lot in life.

Scientific facts? You mean like the IBEX which has confirmed we are in a new highly concentrated electrical gas plasma? So you think this has no practical consequences for us whatsoever? That nasa would spend countless millions to study it, just for our own intellectual curiosity? that's a bit much, honestly. I hope you can take of your blinders for a moment and look at things objectively and not with your own predeveloped dispositions.

No! Actual scientific observations using satellites and similar.
And again the sun has not gotten any brighter, so don't see why you have to even bring up plasma into this discussion. We can measure even the energy it puts out, which has also gone down a bit.
Using your eyes to observe is not possible because of reasons i already explained.

The sun is only getting brighter when you look at long term trend of millions-billions of years.

Also kids still draw sun as yellow today.

But I will let you like minded have this thread in peace, as you clearly don't want to listen to anyone who does not support your theory.
edit on 5-4-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I don't think the light is changing, or not as you are inferring in spectrum. Perhaps the recent solar eruptions are heating or ultimately cooling, but what comes to mind......... a 'feeling', an intuition that something has almost imperceivabley, changed or occurred. It reminds me of people buying to time traveler posts where the question is pose where it is promoted that differences are present, but so subtle, for instance some obscure person being dead who you thought was still around, an actor perhaps or somebody or thing that isn't exactly as you remember it. As though with the time travel...... somebody caused a change from the past that effected the future, and that somehow, a few empaths are not fooled and remember the original past/future timeline. All the people subscribing to the post, somewhat agreeing they 'seem' to remember it was different than their present time frame. I think some of you will have read posts or topics proposing just this anomaly.

But the bottom line, unless there is proof in the form of visual measurements in spectrum, I think it leans towards incorrect imaginations.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Yes, I was playing a game the other day, NFS Most wanted that came out 2 years ago, and the first shot in the game when driving was a big white glaring sun. I thought, well they got that right, didn't they? Movies, for sure too.

Older shots:
www.flickr.com...@N08/sets/72157629403975341/show/

Newer shots:
www.flickr.com...@N08/sets/72157629404063895/show/

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Atzil321

Yes, I was playing a game the other day, NFS Most wanted that came out 2 years ago, and the first shot in the game when driving was a big white glaring sun. I thought, well they got that right, didn't they? Movies, for sure too.

Older shots:
www.flickr.com...@N08/sets/72157629403975341/show/

Newer shots:
www.flickr.com...@N08/sets/72157629404063895/show/

insert this into the middle of the clipped out portion after .com:

/photos/77138232

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

Yes, I too had fluro's at school when I was growing up but that is not what I said. Today we are now grown up and spend more time on the computer than outside. What I am saying is that our eyes are being trained to a different color temperature through the use of our computer monitors. I hate going to 7-11 after dark these days as I have "bright blindness" for a few seconds after walking in. We used to joke when we were teenagers but now as an adult it is quite embarrassing.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yeah, I can the difference in children's drawings. Look at a child's drawing from the 60's or 70's and you see a bright yellow sun. Look at a drawing the 90's onward and the sun is much lighter.

Kids are onto something.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We -have- shut down and cleaned up how ever many pollution causing industries..

maybe just so much smog in the air back then. But realistically, it does seem somewhat whiter.

We'll know soon enough. Maybe the sun IS gods stargate..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i think the sun appears brighter but is still the same. i attribute it to the change in atmosphere. the atmosphere is not the same as it was many yrs ago. i think climate change is real and humans have accelerated it. the sun is the same but what's between us and the sun has changed.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

The new interstellar plasma cloud has everything to do with it. This is so easy to understand, I'm not sure why you don't understand. The sun is also reclassified as variable. Because of its change.

Here's the sun today:
en.wikipedia.org...:The_sun1.jpg

And this is what the sun used to look like, but when it was midday, not at sunset:
en.wikipedia.org...:Sunset_over_Leek.jpg

Used to be at sunset it was dark red. These observations are shared by many of us. You can choose to ignore it all you want. It ultimately doesn't matter to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

reply to post by juleol

The new interstellar plasma cloud has everything to do with it. This is so easy to understand, I'm not sure why you don't understand. The sun is also reclassified as variable. Because of its change.

Here's the sun today:
en.wikipedia.org...:The_sun1.jpg

And this is what the sun used to look like, but when it was midday, not at sunset:
en.wikipedia.org...:Sunset_over_Leek.jpg

Used to be at sunset it was dark red. These observations are shared by many of us. You can choose to ignore it all you want. It ultimately doesn't matter to me.

insert

/wiki/File:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The best quality evidence was that link to NASA, however, how about spectra anybody know of where to look to find samples of solar spectra of our sun that date back to the 70's? There's some from the 30's they used to have rooms full of women analyzing them before they had computers.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When you hit your upper high school, college, and then working years, the sun seems brighter each morning because you'd rather not be seeing it, would rather it were still 2:30am and be drooling on your pillows.

The sun has always been a bright annoyance to me. Fair skin/blue eyes and the sun don't mix very well.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

good post, minus the imaginations bit. I know I didn't imagine the china guy getting run over by a tank, like so many others too. And I'm certainly not imagining the sun getting brighter. When it traverses a stronger energy field, what do you think happens? Keep giving anything in your house more energy input, what eventually happens? That's right: pop.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RocketMan0266

I understood fully of what you said, and so was making an additional point to consider, not trying to discredit what you said.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join