It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Bill S510/HR2751 BANS Homegrown FOOD Makes Private, Backyard Fruit, Veggie Gardens ILLEGAL!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

his court ruling: “No, Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to produce and consume the foods of their choice." - former Wisconsin JUDGE Patric Fiedler

guess who he works for now, too? a MONSANTO law firm

Notice they keep using "front" yard as the excuse.

who are they kidding? every block has 4 houses which are on CORNERS. and some corner houses don't have a backyard, instead they have 2 sides on each corner which can be seen as 2 front yards.

guess the 'city' will have fun suing and fining each corner property grower TWICE, counting each side as one front and a separate 'offense' or misdemeanor.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You know full well these types of threads will always pop up.

All it takes is an ambiguously written bill and then someone to interpret it wrongly and it just snowballs from there...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I have large glass block windows and have used the light from them to grow plants for my garden before with great sucess.And since you seem to think you're some kind of expert on using electricty, perhaps you could quote some real information on why solar lights won't work or what exactly the problems with them are.

From what you have posted so far, You have opinions with no support. Not to mention that you have no knowlege of my areas of expertise or any knowlege of what I can do. Since I have been doing this kind of thing for several decades, perhaps you should keep your opinion to yourself and stop trolling.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I have been experimenting with growing things in the shade that need more light with much success. I noticed the need for different colored lights at different times. addition of HPS light in the AM helps if you don't have the morning sun available. Direction of the light from the plants also is important. White lights over top during daylight, sun rises in the east(Yellow) and sets in the west(redish orange) Timer required. Have you studied this at all?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

No one is going to be bothered if you serve some home grown carrots to your neighbours. And actually the heading of this thread is a downright lie. Let's see the bit about it being illegal to grow your own food in your own garden. I'll be amazed if anyone can magic it up because it doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I will have to look into that further . Thanks for that info, I appreciate it. The window I have Is about five feet by three feet. It faces south and gets direct sun most of the day. It is glass block so the intensity is not as much as if it were a normal window, However nobody can see in. The sun is incredibly intense through it. The plants grow a bit slower than if they were outside. But they grow just fine.

I have used timers in the past and still have a few of them. I have used them to grow plants for my aquariums as I am a breeder of Tropical fish. Sometimes I have used them to alter the day length to get certian species to spawn. Just as I use a low pressure system that is moving in and a massive water change to trick certian species that the rainy season is here so they will spawn. There are other tricks I use but these two are the main ones.
edit on 4/8/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Not these threads again? This was thoroughly debunked here on ATS back in 2010.
Aside from that, here is the snopes entry on the debunking of your claim"

www.snopes.com...

I asked a few days ago if anyone here (The OP?) could point out the specific parts of HR 2751 they are concerned with.

No one has yet to answer, which leads me to believe that no one here has actually even read the house resolution, and instead rely on youtube video's to spoon feed them unsubstantiated fear.

Is this a common approach around these parts? Make absurd, fear-based claims and then never actually prove them?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

No one has yet to answer, which leads me to believe that no one here has actually even read the house resolution,

and instead rely on youtube video's to spoon feed them unsubstantiated fear.

Is this a common approach around these parts?

Make absurd, fear-based claims and then never actually prove them?

Sorry OP for one won't be answering them

as they are exagerrated rhetorical comments..

I mean questions

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Sorry OP for one won't be answering them

as they are exagerrated rhetorical comments..

I mean questions

What is rhetorical about my questions?

The OP claims to have concerns with this House Resolution. I am asking which specific parts of the resolution are cause for concern. I even previously provided a link to the actual resolution for reference. I would think an informed person would be able to direct me to the parts of the resolution they are most concerned with. It's a very simple question, really.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

"The window I have Is about five feet by three feet. It faces south and gets direct sun most of the day."

A south facing window in basement will not get 'direct sun' most of the day unless it is also open to the east and west, and sloped enough to let light in as the sun rises higher in the summer.

You could possibly get a good deal of direct sunlight from about dec to january (assuming you live north of the equator), but as the sun continues to get higher in the sky in spring and summer your direct light would decrease dramatically. The tomatoes you claim to grow would need FAR more light that your scenario would allow n order for them to actually produce any food.

Your claims are not believable based on the statements you have given.
edit on 8-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

No one is going to be bothered if you serve some home grown carrots to your neighbours. And actually the heading of this thread is a downright lie. Let's see the bit about it being illegal to grow your own food in your own garden. I'll be amazed if anyone can magic it up because it doesn't exist.

Completely agree.

I wonder if any of the critical thinkers here at ATS have considered if this sort of intentional disinfo campaign is actual being perpetuated by the multinational agricultural corporations (like Cargil and Monsanto to name a few) who will be further regulated by HR 2751.

There is a reason there are no Organic certification organizations in the US who oppose HR 2751. Not the CCOF (California) or Oregon Tilth (one of the strongest in the country), not MOFGA in Maine or any of the NOFA groups.

Think about it a bit and do some real research, people. This is regulation of the food industry. The same industry with a growing number of recalls from their massive infrastructure that puts profit over people's lives.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I dont see how persons' rhetorical wonder makes 'critical' sense as opposed to instead presented basis for their suspicion/argument/theories.

ie, an explanation of how 100s individual, struggling organic farmers are putting their face, name and personal experience on the line into hypothesized campaign again passed bill, for example.

I presented and have reiterated throughout this discussion, the fact:

1) that this recent bill is for modern age FOOD SAFETY yet does not even mention or address the dire problem of UNLABELLED GMOs inflitrating the bulk of our food supply

for another example 'Whole Foods' a formerly US retailer of Organic non-GMOs from China, has pointed out (and taken the heat) that because even the new Food Safety bill does NOT require disclosure of non/GMO status, it can't possibly keep all items on its shel organic anymore:

notice Monsanto is systematically sueing all remaining Organic companies and 100s small farmers, & even Ben & Jerry not using BST hormone filled milk.

2) FDA (ico Monsanto) deleting and knocking down 1 million signatures petitioning a bill to adress the fact of #1

the long and the short of it: MONSANTO uses the new bill HR271's purposely NOT addressing GMOS (and former lawyers now masquerading as state & supreme JUDGES & USDA deleting petitions/signatures proposing GMO-labelling bill/amendment) as legal basis to force its GMOs & BST hormone synthetic steroid filled MILK down the throats of all USA Farmers, Companies, & into every American.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So, again, please point to the specific parts of HR 2751 which you find concern with. It's a really, really simple request. And your constant deflection from answering it tends to betray an inability to uphold your claims.

Also, point me to even ONE single Organic regulatory group who opposes HR 2751. There are dozens in the US.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

All it takes is an ambiguously written bill and then someone to interpret it wrongly and it just snowballs from there...

You seem knowledgeable.

Isn't this thread's sort of intentionally misleading information what the 'skunk works' is reserved for?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Also, anyone like yourself who defends Whole Foods corporate-organic from China clearly hasn't a clue about the politics of the organic industry or the concerns of Organic farmers in the USA.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Infi8nity

HR 2751 is law as seen here www.govtrack.us... so yea give your food or to sell your farm food your ok form the link

(H) FARM SALES TO CONSUMERS- The Secretary shall not require a farm to maintain any distribution records under this subsection with respect to a sale of a food described in subparagraph (I) (including a sale of a food that is produced and packaged on such farm), if such sale is made by the farm directly to a consumer.
(I) SALE OF A FOOD- A sale of a food described in this subparagraph is a sale of a food in which--
(i) the food is produced on a farm; and(ii) the sale is made by the owner, operator, or agent in charge of such farm directly to a consumer or grocery store.
as far as s510, it is dead been sense Nov30 2010 www.govtrack.us... but then what good is this if said farm sold food is the source of some type of food poising?

to sell your farm food your ok

to sell to your farm or to sell your food as a farm?

cuz actually like i said in the first 2 paragraphs of the first post in this entire thread, as well as in the title. HR2751 BANS homegrown produce and makes "selling or trading" private backyard so to sell your homegrown (or unregistered 'farm' stuff) to anyone, be it a nextdoor neighbor, a fellow small farmer, a big farm, a little store, or big chain, is all illegal now, unless you are a "farm" as in USDA registered, licensed current/compliant thru your local in a FSA county office (at least).in my town, lots of retired or disabled backyard growers sell their excess veggies and fruit all summer long on the roadside and to local produce cornerstores for decades and for what appears their sole source of supplemental income to make ends meet. this bill as passed, requires sale of food to be a registered farm out of "safety" interests. what percent of backyard growers or even small/hobby orchard that sell once in a while are registered "farms". this bill turns something just a potential city/state code misdemeanor, into a federal cime, and no longer can you call yourself a "farmer" just because you like gardening or your farm your acreage of land: apparently to be a farmer you also have to kiss Monsanto's behind and written agree to allow GMO's onto your shelves and into your fields

usda (monsanto) spent over 1 million dollars on investigating and shutting down this one family's sheep 'farm' - over 'health' concerns as:

Farm SWAT teams - coming to a non-Monsanto farm near you

this year's growing season hasn't quite even started just yet, so brace yourselves for a slew of Monsanto lawsuits and 'farmer' shut-downs - thanks to the new bill HR2751

just in.. non-patented (non-Monsanto pork) being exterminated

government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color ...And arrest hundreds of ranchers as felons

evilofindifference.wordpress.com...

and heres an 3rd party article that i havent read till now, that is convergent with the issues i have outlined in previous pages not just with YT videos but with reference to the specific shady monsanto/S/HR/FDA/USDA & SC statutes, ruling and actions:

www.robertsremarks.com...
Wake Up America – H.R.2751:FDA Food Safety Modernization Act

arg, ats truncation" :so,,, continued on following thread:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
(cont'd)

The average American has no clue what the US Government just pulled off. They were able to pass Senate Bill S.510 right under the American public’s nose a bill that restricts the growth of organic farmers, importation of organic foods, and even goes so far as to restrict home gardeners from potentially growing vegetables plus storing seeds for the future.

The hugely unpopular S.510 was converted into H.R.2751.Why would the FDA now need to control agriculture – so they can influence what is allowed to be sold to the American people. Apparently, in recent years, Americans were starting to favor organic and natural food supplies, including livestock. This was eating into (pardon the pun) some of the profits of big business, so they supported H.R.2751 to “modernize” and put measures in place that can lead to incarciration of small organic and even hobby gardeners.

The Food Safety Modernization Act, has been called “the most dangerous bill in the history of the United States of America.” because it grants the US government new authority over the public’s right to grow, trade and transport any foods.This gives Big brother the power to regulate the tomato plants in your backyard. It grant them the power to arrest and imprison people mpeople selling cucumbers at farmer’s markets. Itcriminalizes the transporting of organic produce if you don’t comply with the authoritarian rules of the federal government.

“It (HR2751) will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” – Dr. Shiv Chopra, Health whistleblower.

This tyrannical law puts all food production (yes, even food produced in your own garden) under the authority of the Department of Homeland Security. Yep - the very same people running the TSA and its naked body scanner / passenger groping programs.

HR2751 also gives the US government the power to arrest any backyard food producer as a felon (a “smuggler”) for merely growing lettuce and selling it at a local farmer’s market.

It also sells out U.S. sovereignty over our own food supply by ceding to the authority of both the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Codex Alimentarius.

It criminalizes seed saving, turning backyard gardeners who save heirloom seeds into common criminals. This is obviously designed to give corporations like Monsanto a monopoly over seeds. Control the seed, control the food supply control the WORLD.

So who lobbied for this bill? Just follow the bloody money trail..

Top recipients for all supporting interest groups
Name Amount Received Vote On Passage
Rep. Addison Wilson [R, SC-2] $197,781
Rep. Tom Graves [R, GA-9] $150,268
Rep. Michele Bachmann [R, MN-6] $149,622
Rep. William Owens [D, NY-23] $143,317
Rep. Allen West [R, FL-22] $124,416
Rep. Paul Broun [R, GA-10] $114,867
Rep. Tim Huelskamp [R, KS-1] $97,558
Rep. Jeff Duncan [R, SC-3] $79,047
Rep. Ken Calvert [R, CA-44] $75,692
Rep. Tom McClintock [R, CA-4] $74,687

Sen. Scott Brown [R, MA] $1,104,821
Sen. Patrick Toomey [R, PA] $953,239
Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV] $524,442
Sen. Marco Rubio [R, FL] $444,829
Sen. Jim DeMint [R, SC] $239,457
Sen. Robert Portman [R, OH] $211,655
Sen. John Thune [R, SD] $202,927
Sen. Mark Kirk [R, IL] $136,460
Sen. Michael Bennet [D, CO] $127,970
Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA] $124,984

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
anyone like yourself who defends Whole Foods corporate-organic from China clearly hasn't a clue about the politics of the organic industry or the concerns of Organic farmers in the USA.

defends?! guess u never heard of the choice between (2) lesser evils?

figured as implied, you WOULD choose Monsanto GMO food over non USA .non GMO food.

i love my non GMO brown jasmine rice from Thailand, my "Chinese food", and visit/reside in China up to half the year on occassion, when not elsywhere in Asia - does that make me a 'politically clueless' or a commie or something? oh no! lol some Americans are full of it, no wonder America is sinking so badly and doesn't want "foreign" assist just MORE huge Chinese loans to barely stay afloat , lol

hmmmm... Monsanto banned in 28 COUNTRIES already. Apparently, Americans as evidenced above, prefer being poisoned

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Sen. Scott Brown [R, MA] $1,104,821

and in case anyone wondered,

the author in the link points out that's NOT a typo

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

Actually, if members would follow the ATS rules for posting new threads, and FIRST CHECK to see if other threads already exist, they WOULDN'T pop up, as you say. Unfortunately, some members are just too lazy to check first.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join