It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Wisconsin Town Reports Strange Booms, Flashes of Light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Residents and police officers in the aptly named town of Baraboo, Wisconsin have reported hearing weird booming noises accompanied by bright flashes of light, paralleling the experiences of people in the town of Clintonville 130 miles to the north.

Authorities are baffled at the weird phenomena, and have ruled out lightning strikes or transformer blowouts as explanations for what people are witnessing.

www.infowars.com...

A resident on Sauk Avenue called 911 to report a loud boom Sunday around 1 a.m. That prompted more than 30 comments on the Baraboo Scanner page on Facebook — which posts information about calls to public service agencies — from other residents who heard the same thing. Some reported they saw a flash before the boom.

About 45 minutes later, residents throughout the city called authorities to report a second flash and boom.

www.wiscnews.com...

what is going on there guys? weren't there recently a bunch of reports about weird shakes and sounds in wisconsin?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Too much cheese and lactose intolerance. That's my take.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
this is escalating toward a state-wide WI epidemic of...

Bovine flatulence?

*BOOM*

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Too much cheese and lactose intolerance. That's my take.

Why the need to be rude. Your comment adds nothing of value to this thread.

back to topic..
I find these happenings strange and would love to know cause.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What is even more bizarre is the authorities are baffeled. At least they are not making claims that are false just to satisfy residents.

It is baffling for sure! Maybe it is atmospheric....thats my guess.

Thanks OP for keeping ATS up to date! S&F
edit on 4-4-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
LOL Guys ever heard of a Dry Thunderstorm? Can we please have less threads on these Supposedly unexplained booms and flashes.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think the earth has been heating from inside for a few years and this and whatever happens next may be the cause of some of these odd happenings. Cause of the heat? Who knows, but I think it's cyclical.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Strange booms+flashes of lights = earthquakes deep in the earth's crust, the lights are called quake lights and were even seen before the quake and ensuing tsunami that knocked out Fukushima.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

They ruled out lightning strikes, or did you not bother to even read the post?
second.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlomaRa

and how did they rule out lightning? Did they stay out all night and watched the skies hoping to see a flash? Seeing that lightning can be made without the need for rain I cannot see how they can come to that conclusion.

Also the eye witness reports says a flash followed by a boom. Sounds very much like lightning to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by minor007
reply to post by AlomaRa

and how did they rule out lightning? Did they stay out all night and watched the skies hoping to see a flash?

Well, they were there weren't they?
Unlike you trying to explain numerous bizzare incidents behind a computer screen
They certainly got a better view of what happend then either of us... so I take their word for it in this case if they rule it out

“There doesn’t appear to have been any t-storms in that area Sunday morning,” said Ed Townsend, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service’s Sullivan office. “I can’t think of anything else (weather-related) that would lead to a flash.”
www.wiscnews.com...
edit on 4-4-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Skip to around 9:15. Go ahead and tell me that's lightning.

Please.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

Skip to around 9:15. Go ahead and tell me that's lightning.

Please.

Not 100% but I think that flash at 9:15 was on the news in AZ not Wisconsin.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It may be a bit of a stretch (no pun intended) but Clintonville is at about the 'hinge' of POST GLACIAL REBOUND (search it) and other towns where noises have been heard are south. Meaning north of Clintonville the land is rising and south of it is sinking. I do not know the historic rate but I think it has lately been about 1/5 of an inch a year and this has been going on for about 11,000 years. Somewhere on the web is a map showing the rate of rise and fall. The rise/fall may have built up to a point of disturbing the earth's crust to the extent that quakes are on the way.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If anyone will take the time to watch this video/lecture Susan tells her audience what is going on and what we can expect in the near future. This lecture is one of many credible sources that say the same exact thing.

Basically it has to do with where our Sun is in Space and the Interstellar Cloud. If you don't like Susan and the way she presents it (which I think she did an awesome job) I can find many more people who are saying the same thing one may connect with. Just sayin..... if anyone truly wants to know what may take place with our Planet....watch this when you have time to focus and be in awe!!! Its not scary at all..... its very real! In this lecture she gives credible sites to go to so one may check it out themselves instead of just taking her word for it.

These noises could be atmospheric in nature because we are getting an unusual amount of energy. Thats my opinion and things will heat up even more if she is truly spot on.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AlomaRa

Call it a shot at being funny? Rude? No, asking you if you have a sense of humor might also come off as rude.

And your original comment added what to this thread?

back to topic.. I find these happenings strange and would love to know cause.

Guess what, everyone wants to know the cause.

Back on topic, I too find these happenings strange and would love to know the cause.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I really want to know what these sounds are too. Wisconsin is just a hop, skip and jump away from me. I really hope there is not going to be some kind of earthquake. I'd rather have it be a earthquake instead of reptilians from inner earth, an old dormant volcano or the tremor worms. I guess we will have to wait and see but the suspense is killing me!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have family up in that area of Wisconsin. I'll give 'em a call and see if they have heard or saw anything.

Just as a bit of trivia, Baraboo is/was the Winter home of the Barnum Bailey/Ringling Circus. Maybe a Elephant was being taught how to jump while the fire-eater was practicing his art?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
dang. montello and baraboo. again. RIGHTTT by my cabin. I didn't go last week because my car broke down. I'll head up there within the next few weeks though. I'll try to get something recorded.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
dang. montello and baraboo. again. RIGHTTT by my cabin. I didn't go last week because my car broke down. I'll head up there within the next few weeks though. I'll try to get something recorded.

You've got to be what, as a youngun, we used to call a "FlatLander".
As in from Illinios...no offense, I've grown since...somewhat.

Mirror Lake, Lake Delton, Lake Redstone, Devils Lake. No need to tell me where, just a thumbs up if I'm close. I used to live in Reedsburg.

Crap! Now I want to move back there even more!
edit on 5-4-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join