It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately, ATS has been infested with white-haters (of all races), so you'll get this feuding going on hither and thither.
So is it any wonder there's clashes and bashing going on?
If the mainsteam media didn't fan the flames and emotions there wouldn't even be a surge...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Please. You were being ugly and it was a well deserved post removal. I saw that comment of yours before it was removed and it was not a well mannered intelligent rebuttal, it was flat out bigotry.

Frankly, I was happy to read the OP and hope that it will put to rest some of the other ugliness that has emerged here recently. I had just invited some people to come visit our forum and was telling them about the civility and decorum on this site and how it is one of the big factors that make this site a cut above the rest. Then this media driven mass madness breaks and it is all the nation is talking about and a huge number of people here go insane and start acting and posting in ways that seem completely out of character from their "normal" ATS personalities.

So, here I was, worrying about the image that we are presenting and how people are behaving in the exact ways that caused my friends to be hesitant to visit in the first place, and I look like a liar for claiming that our members discuss and debate with civility and decorum and strive for intelligent and thoughtful posts.

I am happy to see that the owners and mods are telling people that it is time to get back to what we are about.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't understand what all the hoopla is about, has something changed?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Racism and discrimination are alive and well on ATS. Certain types of racism are removed by MODs but many other types are left. Modern definitions of racism include discrimination based on race, regional grouping, religion etc. These types of racism are overlooked on ATS and to our detriment.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Nope. Same story repeated a hundred times.

Lot's of people who think they can enter someone's home, eat their food, prop their feet on the table and fart with wild abandon in front of the other guests.

edit on 4-4-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I see this effort as being a non-issue for the majority of posters on this site.

I also see it affecting only those who are more "incindiary" in nature.

I will abide. It ain't my litter box.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Nope. Same story repeated a hundred times.

Lot's of people who think they can enter someone's home, eat their food, prop their feet on the table and fart with wild abandon in front of the other guests.

edit on 4-4-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

Reminiscent of when Political forum, became the political madness forum.
Same Old Story (Just a different day)
youtu.be...

It would be nice if people would just meet one-another half way.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I really don't see the point of this thread...all this talk and yet there are still multiple racist threads on the first page of the recent posts page.

One thread even has multiple people referring the OP back to this post...and the thread has devolved into bickering and race baiting....yet the thread stands.

So nothing will change on ATS...this seems to just be a public statement saying "we care"...but nothing seems to really be changing.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
there are still multiple racist threads on the first page of the recent posts page.

Re-read the opeing post ... IF I got it right (and note I said 'if') ... then there isnt' a concept of 'racist' anymore when dealing with a persons post. It's too subjective. Now - 'if it's good for ATS' - will be the criteria used to determine if a post is bad or not.

Is something true or not? What is 'racist' to you or me may actually be truth.
If you think something 'isn't good for ATS' then hit the alert button.
I'm thinking it'll be a while before we all know exactly where this new direction is headed
and how best to post to it ...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Sadly I am almost 40 and never knew so many mean people existed in the world until I came to ATS over a year ago.

People call others names as if they are in grade school. I just went and viewed just 2 threads and see the word "liar" being used toward another. Now.... you are not supposed to say anything back to someone who calls you a liar.... you are supposed to go to another thread and not engage. However the mean person that is spouting off at the mouth can continue with the hate words all day long? I hope ATS will weed out some of the mean ones I really do.

Hate is toxic for not only this site but for others who are members trying to have intelligent conversations. I was just in a thread and because of my Avatar they didn't take me serious. lol Really? Just stupid!

DENY IGNORANCE AND DENY THE MEANIES!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Springer~
It’s encouraging to know that an effort is being made to raise the standards of the posts here on ATS. Racism and hate have no place here or anywhere for that matter. Beyond that, I hope to see that all posts be measured against the standard of “good for the ATS community” regardless of whether they may be racist, hate driven, etc…

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
For me the "HATE" is in the "taking offense".

I was raised with every form of slang and still talk that way more than I "should". HOWEVER, whenever it comes up and its been happening a lot lately I feel like the recipient of the hate, not the hater.

As a mild example from a social situation... a young girl insisted another young girl see a psychiatrist. After suggesting she not push the psychiatrist concept any more and she persisted, I openly said that pushing a psychologist was "asinine". Well that was it for her - she insisted she was offended and destroyed the social situation completely. I still think negatively of HER and can't think of a better word to fit her behavior which I attempted to address on behalf of the other young girl who is actually closer to me.

And where does the word-police PC oblivion go?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by drock905

What has happened is that conspiracy theory has become the fad and now we are dealing with all the trolls, newbies and high school kids that come along with a fad.

Hope that it ends soon...

Good point and the poster MamaJ also brought up a good point, look if this issue was brought up only because of the Martin/Zimmermen case then all maybe lost, for the last year i have seen a increase of negativity, flaming and so on the place started becoming Survivor Sucks, for instance the Newbie poster would make a point and even if it was vaild he/she would get flamed just because there a new poster and they got to be broken in just like Survivor Sucks right....um NO wrong we don't need any kind of amateur monarch type traumatizing or whatever you want to call it to break in a new poster and flame people just for the heck of it, next thing you know cliques will start forming and posters will start hacking the site to taget someone they don't like or whatever, it was starting to get out of control, sure i like a good joke like anyone else and even held my own when i was on that vile site Survivor Sucks, but when it gets to the point where i can't tell ATS from that site Survivor Sucks well then clearly there was a problem that needed to be resolved.

So good job.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

How to Tell if You Are A Racist

Originally posted by FlyersFan
What is 'racist' to you or me may actually be truth.

For a statement to be racist, it must take the form '(People of race X) are (Y).'

All such statements are false. If any seem true to you, or even largely true, then you are a racist.

It does not matter, incidentally, whether the statement is positive or negative, courteously phrased or suffused with insults and expletives. What matters is the underlying form, not the content.

This thread has been a stunning success in at least one respect; it has provoked a number of ATS's most egregious hatemongers and racists to post in it and identify themselves for us.
to Springer.

edit on 4/4/12 by Astyanax because: of details.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Words are the means to expression. Taking offense to words? well...

Taking offense is OFFENSIVE!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Originally posted by Astyanax
For a statement to be racist, it must take the form '(People of race X) are (Y).'

All such statements are false. If any seem true to you, or even largely true, then you are a racist.

If only it were that simple.

"All blacks are human."

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thank you, Springer. I was getting really disturbed to constantly see content that would be more at home on the KKK homepage than here on ATS. The thinly veiled racism of a lot of posters was very surprising.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

True ... but the race card is thrown around here unendingly. If someone posts something like ... I dunno ... "Obama sucks because ... " ... suddenly that person is called a racist because they post the truth about Obama and/or his policy. See? One person sees it as racist to post that while others say it's just telling the truth.

I think people don't know what 'racist' means ...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thank you, thank you, AND THANK YOU!

I have spent the last week addressing (and I won’t even bring up the specific topic) these same issues. I really was considering taking a vacation from all the BS rhetoric happening here on ATS for a couple weeks. I will say that I got on the defensive with a lot of the issues, but I realized the trap that was being set. Most fell into it. Both sides (of the specific topic) are to blame. It’s like everyone had to get the last word in, and even that wasn’t enough. A bunch of ignorant kids fighting over a sucker!

I wish ATS members could have got thru this on their own, but it became obvious that wasn’t going to happen. With every action, there’s going to be consequence. I can only hope the members here (and you know who you are) will realize what happened and think more wisely on you say before you say it.

Thank you Spinger! I was starting to wonder what the hell was taking you guys so long..

-Propulsion

edit on 4-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

How to Tell if You Are A Racist

edit on 4/4/12 by Astyanax because: of details.

'The people of Japan are so friendly'
does this mean i am racist? It's a very grey area.

The term 'racism' is so overplayed that you can't really say anything to anyone these days.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join