It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Finally...tired of all the hated being spewed on here as of late. You do realize that a lot of conservatives will be banned or will just leave.
edit on 3-4-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN
Wow! And for a moment I thought we were getting somewhere.

Maybe I should turn it around....

Finally...tired of all the hated being spewed on here as of late. You do realize that a lot of liberals will be banned or will just leave.

THIS is one good example of ignorance and intolerance. How is your comment in any way beneficial to the information being addressed? Why would conservatives be banned or leave? Are they somehow different to ATS? A lower level of understanding? This (in my eyes) is baiting in its purist form..

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

i agree.
that's what i was trying to say.
if someone is clearly a troll or mentally unstable, ban 'em.
otherwise what's the problem?

we all have our particular areas of study and research; our own faiths or beliefs systems...where do we draw the line?

example: i'm a christian (not the christian-zionist or christian-identity varieties).

i study the Middle East, history and politics, for one example.
i'm not an Israel-firster....consequently i have had to learn to laugh at the 'antisemitic/'self-hating jew' labels etc.

i've found that eventually the real haters expose themselves and end up ignored anyhow.
anyways.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Christie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yes, that last one will be tricky to obey.

Mainly because, we don't know how people will respond to the post's.
People even ruin post's on purpose, by responding badly.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hello sir. I must say I love your site. Great Job! I am gratefull you created a site to let us discuss the induss... the Indussicle... the things that the media don't want to discuss.
I love the principle behind your site. Great work, and thank you for reminding us these points.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
The subject of this thread is the articulation or racism and hatred on ATS,

Yes and no. Not exactly. From the OPENING POST -

Originally posted by Springer
It finally dawned on us that trying to define "hate speech" within such diversified groups as the staff of ATS and our hundreds of thousands of members from all over the world is almost impossible. So we are removing the concepts of "Hate Speech" and "Political Correctness" from our efforts and we're replacing them with this simple concept, "Is this content good for ATS and our Community".

They are redrawing the map .. ditching trying to define 'hate speech' and 'political correctness' and going to the basic question - 'is this content good for ATS..'. Truth = good. In the past some people have labeled truth as 'hate speech' or not being 'politically correct'. (If I'm reading the opening post correctly)

Originally posted by Astyanax
In my experience (which includes living through a generation-long ethnic war) people don't get called racist without some provocation. If being so labelled is a matter that concerns you, I suggest you re-examine your posting behaviour on ATS; you may have been giving some members the wrong impression.

In my experience (which includes having been here for eight years), people here get called 'racist' at the drop of a dime. If what is being posted isn't what someone else likes .. the one that is frustrated and doesn't like it will pull the race card or the gender card or the partisan card or the ________ (fill in a card of choice). It's pretty dang silly.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
well i for one will be looking at this with eager eyes, somthing has to be done either way as it is getting shocking, alot of long timers and excellent posters/researchers are simply refusing to come on now, i hear it regularly in skype chat the shear frustration people are feeling.

Good luck with what is going to be no doubt a humongous task for the staff to try and sort through and i bid you good luck.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
HATE
In George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, the Two Minutes Hate is a daily period in which Party members of the society of Oceania must watch a film depicting the Party's enemies (notably Emmanuel Goldstein and his followers) and express their hatred for them.
wiki

like...how obvious is it what the whole thing is about? and that its carefully crafted to go this way?
why we as people from all kindreds tongues and nations buy into it over and over is beyond me.

the media's helter skelter agenda (one among a zillion) is the age old social engineering device to redirect the frustrations and confusion of the people away from the perps, and onto a scapegoat, staving off 'revolution' (which i am always against since its another device to harm and control us) until their own appointed time. every totalitarian regime uses it.

its smoke and mirrors.
toss it aside.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Christie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

first of all i feel i have to opologize here for some remarks but they are not aimed at the whole only the minority i have many black freinds who are sickend by the minoritys behaviour and i would voice my opinion on the actions of the minority whether it be white red black or yellow etc.we could all say most conversations on here are for and against that it will allways offend someone regardless if its religion science race etc.but for my part i apologize at least i will admit it and sorry to all on ats if i offended any of you peace.im new and just getting used to it all and you have to make mistakes and learn from them.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

i'm new here too.
but this kind of confession is the real deal, and one reason i stay in the public forum.
bless you denver.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Basically it all boils down to INTENT. What is the posters intensions??? Opinions......eh everybody has one. The question here is Intent. I vote that we as members have a voting system much like the stars and flags, on Intent. I vote that the thumbs up and thumbs down only be used for Intent votes. Once a person receives x amount of thumbs down intent votes then it would be up to the Mods to do serious review of that member. The questions would be this............were the thumbs down given by upstanding members or questionable members etc.

After all, if members dont have a say in who's in the membership then why not just allow all the dredges of humanity to spew the filth????

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Comparied to others I have not been here for very long. I have seen a decline in the sensible posts. And some of the threads
. I was expecting this due to the year we are in. But I think the common sense has been taken out of the whole experience. We are only in the fourth month of this year and I cannot imagine what it will be like come October.

I would like to say here and now, if I have offended anyone in any of my posts, I am sorry.

I would also like to say that I commend ATS in holding the standards that this websit was based on.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
After all, if members dont have a say in who's in the membership then why not just allow all the dredges of humanity to spew the filth????

"all the dredges of humanity"?
wow.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

mine was never intent but i have been guilty of not controlling my words on one particular thread but it was aimed at the individuals on the said video .i know some of us are also not choosing our words carefully i am one of them but it takes alot to admit it but i am also not racist as i have many a black freind .sorry to anyone on my behalf i would never wish to class all black people on whole or white or red yellow etc just on the individuals on the said thread videos who are acting like sub human people but not the whole race as a whole just said individuals.once again sorry if i offend anyone who thinks that i do .i personally dont come on here to instigate a racial attack on the black people etc if the guy that got attacked was say black on one of these thread videos then the white people persons on carrying out the attack would still be called subhuman people.i have not once labeld all black people as SUBHUMAN..dosent matter wot nationality i would use terms like subhuman people to any race that acts or carrys out acts of that sort of behaviour towards my fellow man.this is an official opology to anyone i have offended,the others might not step forward and apologize but hey im the start.lets hope more follow. i have learnt alot in a few weeks on here and wish to learn more but for the right reasons if you give me a chance.than you people.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In my experience (which includes having been here for eight years), people here get called 'racist' at the drop of a dime.

I think that in the US that have a more limited idea regarding the definition of racism. Modern definitions of racism include ethnic discrimination, religious discrimination, regional discrimination etc...

Many times of ATS I have seen racism left unchecked...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I totally agree that the rudeness and hatred flow. Even remarks such as "pictures or it didnt happen" are in a sense rude. How many people actually have a camera or a phone in hand to take pictures the instant something unusual happens? I would hope that ATS is the one place where people who "KNOW" can tell it without ridicule from doubters. If there was a secret to be told that could save lives or expose corruption, who would want to tell it here in a sea of negativity.???? If I was say an astromomer who knew for a solid fact that an astroid would hit the earth at a near approximate time, and estimate the point of impact, would I tell it???? Personally yes and face the ridicule if it would save lives but would everyone make this choice? I think not.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I think that in the US that have a more limited idea regarding the definition of racism. Modern definitions of racism include ethnic discrimination, religious discrimination, regional discrimination etc...

Many times of ATS I have seen racism left unchecked...

I don't think religious persecution or abuse falls under racism.
Hate speech and hate crime laws cover race, ethnicity, religion, gender and sexual orientation.

But Racism... is purely about race.

Unless you have other definitions?

Maybe it has changed....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Its not what you say but HOW YOU SAY IT. Its ok to disagree, to debate etc but its important to be reasonable in your remarks and not offensive. Perhaps thinking about your response a little longer then posting it might help.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I also think that name calling, even of politicians, celebrities, or other person in the news has to stop.
It brings down the quality of ATS and makes me feel like I am talking to middle schoolers.

scum-sucking liberal/pansy/commie democrats!

Case in point.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Christie

Correct . Its not all butterflys and rainbows as much as you might like to believe. Evil exists and downright hatred.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I also think that name calling, even of politicians, celebrities, or other person in the news has to stop.
It brings down the quality of ATS and makes me feel like I am talking to middle schoolers.

scum-sucking liberal/pansy/commie democrats!

Case in point.

OOOOH, ouch. I guess humour didn't traslate too well. If memory serves, it was a thread about significant others with different political ideologies.
As my frau is a democrat, I used humour to illustrate the differences.

Guess it failed.

Alas.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join