It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

"All blacks are human."

Do you mean to imply that the above statement is not racist?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So does this mean that "Birthers" won't be called "racists" anymore simply because they question the legitimacy of Obama's presidency? Or are they still fair game? Just wondering.

Also are Christians & Christianity still valid targets? Some ATS'ers have called for their death.

edit on 4/4/2012 by Sparky63 because: Comments

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by loam

"All blacks are human."

Perhaps it would be easier to BAN all forms of communication.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The race card is thrown around here unendingly. If someone posts something like ... I dunno ... "Obama sucks because ... " ... suddenly that person is called a racist because they post the truth about Obama and/or his policy. See?

No, I'm afraid I do not see. The subject of this thread is the articulation or racism and hatred on ATS, not the problem of some members being unfairly called racists by other members. The latter is a trivial issue which can be settled, if one thinks it worth the bother, by making a complaint to the staff.

In my experience (which includes living through a generation-long ethnic war) people don't get called racist without some provocation. If being so labelled is a matter that concerns you, I suggest you re-examine your posting behaviour on ATS; you may have been giving some members the wrong impression.

edit on 4/4/12 by Astyanax because: of manners and decorum.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I don't see it as being racist, i see it as making a point to your grammatical equation which defines a racist.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hi Mr. Springer,

I hope I don't speak to soon, buuut I have noticed a marked change in attitude here on ATS since I got my message in my mail box about this change.
I to was getting sucked into the melee myself. Not hard when you are just starting to get your ears dried off.
I hope this (crackdown does what is intended).
ATS is phenominol to me, with all that is available here. I'm impressed with the layout. I find another new feature or three every day I am here.
uploads, videos, messages, just how you can track your own activity is a wonderment.
So come on members don't try, MAKE this a better place.
cheers ljb

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by loam

"All blacks are human."

all input color* are dumb....

i think they mean that

lets not nit pick this crap to death
edit on 4-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Perhaps it would be easier to BAN all forms of communication.

That will not be necessary. We need only eschew those statements in which a racial group forms the subject.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I can't understand why anyone would want to enter this place, so dedicated to truth and the denial of ignorance, with the stupidity of hate and racism hanging over their heads. Racism and hate are a part of this exixtence and will be until mens hearts undergo that long awaited change.

But they can be left at the entrance or any front door. Just like a coat and hat. It only takes a concious decision to do so. So thanks Springer. I'm a whiteman who's parents were killed by a blackman. I refused the stupidity of hate and racism and the feeling it brings to my heart I know for a fact, has made me a better human being. Just can't understand racists who have no reason at all for their hate. When some people have a great reason and choose it not. Don't get me wrong I do hate. But it's racism that I spend my time hating.

Racism can never equal truth.

I hope you come down on the influx of racism like the hammer of God Springy.

edit on 4-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
So does this mean that "Birthers" won't be called "racists" anymore simply because they question the legitimacy of Obama's presidency? Or are they still fair game? Just wondering.

Also are Christians & Christianity still valid targets? Some ATS'ers have called for their death.

edit on 4/4/2012 by Sparky63 because: Comments

Well said. I was going to ask similar questions. It seems to me that if the mods/admins are going to impose such a ban, then your questions are absolutely valid, and anyone calling you a racist should be punished accordingly.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am in full agreement that manners and respect for others needs to be the standard for ATS. I applaud this decision and hope that it is applied fairly and equitably. ATS is a great place that I enjoy visiting many times a day. I'm sure this measure will be a definite improvement.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

While I do not consider myself a birther, I do have some questions. Some have chalked up my distrust of the current administration as a clear sign that I have something against Obama simply because he is black. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I guess for some it is easier to just call someone a racist than to engage in meaningful discourse.

I hope this trend ends as it is not fair or intellectually honest.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

if the discourse is civil, and informed are there any subjects that are automatically off limits?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

oh.
well, 'weeding out' 90% and keeping the elite 10% sounds like a cult a'brewin.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'd rather be in a small cult of intelligence than have to wade through pages and pages of posts that don't add merit to a discussion.

I applaud the staff for what they're doing and hope they're up to task.

The bottom line is this: Is it really that hard to be nice?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

that's where this always leads historically.

PC'd to death
(not saying this about ATS or this subject at this time since i haven't been here long enough to form an opinion).

but censorship is the enemy of truth, and makes it impossible to 'deny ignorance'
we end up with a code of silence on issues that DO matter.

how can people discuss the problem of race-baiting/racial tension without discussing race-baiting racial tension?
and can we really blame the 90% for falling for it when its the AGENDA?

its not the censorship itself but the fear of stigma and fear of shunning that causes the damage.
the threat of being labelled something just sets the snare for the provocateurs to implement thought police and pre-crime. but that history went down the memory hole too.

personally i'll say what i actually think and take my chances.
otherwise peeps end up with 'a show about nothing'.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Christie because: added to

edit on 4-4-2012 by Christie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I'd rather be in a small cult of intelligence than have to wade through pages and pages of posts that don't add merit to a discussion.

I applaud the staff for what they're doing and hope they're up to task.

The bottom line is this: Is it really that hard to be nice?

"a small cult of intelligence"?
oh my.

what's that got do with being "nice"?

is there an IQ test for manners?

and anyways....average media consumers have been engineered to react this way - why is that a surprise?
i learn just by watching the Huxleys et al successes (temporary though they may be)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Christie

Actually, miss, it's the few that are forcing censorship upon the rest of us by using dialogue that immediately accuses someone as racist if they don't conform to a certain ideology.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

hahah you make a valid point.

I think there are too many religious zealots, they probably think there are too many athiests. XD

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Realworld people discussing realworld problems and events happening in our current lifes. Funny how everyone wants to control every aspect of this world no matter what the topic or setting.

All comes down to Godlike powers and being able to control and enforce what people do and say.

Why does it always come down to controlling another's life in one way or anopther?????

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join