It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real Masonic Sword?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This sword has the square & compass of a Fellow Craft (2nd deg) Mason. Swords are used by tilers who guard the door. Any sword will do. A tiler considers his sword to be part of his regalia but nothing fancy is necessary. There is no such thing as an "Authentic Masonic sword", as such. Many companies make cheap stainless decorative swords for this purpose and most of the swords have etching something like this one but, more often than not, more elaborate than this one. A tilers is generally a Master Mason (3rd deg) so I'm not sure why this one is marked for a Fellow Craft unless the company that made it was just clueless.

Peace from a M.'.M.'.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SimultaneousFinal

Hi SimultaneousFinal

The sword is an English Rose Croix sword.

Most side orders display the Square and Compasses in the second degree. In fact, even the Square and Compasses on the Immediate Past Master's Chair are in the second degree position. Have a look next time you're in Lodge!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Have you tried googling masonic collectors sites? there are sites for just about anything you could think of. The Pakistani's and Indians make a lot of masonic regalia, perhaps one site makes swords.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wife and I toured a Titanic exhibit in Gatlinburg, TN. Just some tourist attraction where they have the whole story about the ship and some items that were found at the bottom of the sea in the wreckage. They had a sword carried by one of the upper class passsengers and there were masonic markings/etchings all over it, the closer I looked. It was pretty nifty and the description noted that the handle was pure sterling. THAT would be a sweet sword for your collection, OP.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
reply to post by SimultaneousFinal

Hi SimultaneousFinal

The sword is an English Rose Croix sword.

Most side orders display the Square and Compasses in the second degree. In fact, even the Square and Compasses on the Immediate Past Master's Chair are in the second degree position. Have a look next time you're in Lodge!

LOL! Shows you what I know! God bless.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join