It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K of P?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was at the Jackson apple festival yesterday when i noticed an odd building that stood out from the rest. It is painted light blue with white accents and says " K of P Thesaurus 104" and the had a sign hanging from the side of the building that was a shape of a triangle and had the letters "F C B". i am a mason and am left puzzled by this building. i figure it's either a catholic fraternity or a soroity i am not aware of

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Inner court and Outter court freemasons. Crafty, intelligent but very sloppy.
Stay away from the magick koolaid on the alter, its poison.

KP
Kitchen Patrol perhaps or my initials

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The knights of Pythias.

www.pythias.org...

Enjoy.

They were chartered by an act of Congress, it seems.

Lots of links found on Google.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602
an act of Congress

Sure enough the link provided does state; "founded in 1864,and was the first to be chartered by an act of Congress.", has my attention...good find by the way. Can't imagine not finding it sooner, would have been nice.

LTD602, your not interested in the research forum by chance are you? If so let me know.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the invite, Advisor.

I u2u'd you about it.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My Great Grandfather and Great Uncle both belonged to KoP , but beyond
their website that is about the extent of what i know about them.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There's another link, one which I'm hesitant tp put up because it does link the K of P with Masonry, and therefore some might misinterpret that and assume that there is poisoned Kool-Aid involved. In any case, here it is:

mill-valley.freemasonry.biz...

I'll let all of you draw your own conclusions (sans Kool-Aid.).

[edit on 24-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Interesting. I thought it was strange such a small city as jackson would have this building , yet i have never seen one before. i took note that abraham lincoln approved of this organization, while most other presidents have been partial to masonry.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
Interesting. I thought it was strange such a small city as jackson would have this building , yet i have never seen one before. i took note that abraham lincoln approved of this organization, while most other presidents have been partial to masonry.

Well, F B C might explain it. Those letters stand for good things. At least from the front door. I don't know enough about the K of P to make any real judgemetns about them. It seems they represent positive values, though.

Why not go to the the K of P site and e-mail them with some questions? Or maybe find some members around the web. You might want to attend one of their public meetings, if they have any, or ask to attend as a guest.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi

At one time the Knights of Pythias was a pretty large organization, but sadly they've gone the way of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, the Improved Order of Red Men and the United Ancient Order of Druids. To see an old K of P hall in a small town isn't really surprising to me at all. I know of two small towns on old Highway 79 in northern Missouri about 4 miles from each other which both have Odd Fellows halls (no longer being used) These groups thrived in small communities around the country, but suffered decline in membership and now are very small in comparison to their "glory" days.

I've been a Knight of Pythias for several years, but my Lodge is over 5 hours away so I don't attend very often...I just pay my dues.

Regards

top topics

join