It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or do the CSI franchises SUCK????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Damn, watching CSI Miami (first time ever, switching through channels) and that has got to be the crappiest crap on tv - especially David Caruso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed how the cops do everything from evidence collection to analysis, to whatever else they showed. Caruso with his laughing in his face tough guy face and voice!!!!
edit on 2-4-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

First thing that came to mind was: I don't know you well enough to know if you suck balls.

Back on topic: Yes, in my opinion (just mine) I don't like anything other than the original...although that blonde on Miami is super hot.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Those shows are pretty stupid

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
CSI Miami is horrible IMO, but so is any post that includes 'sucking balls', multiple exclamation points, and excessive laughing.
edit on 2-4-2012 by headorheart because: .

link   
I'm surprised they haven't run out of cities yet.

Next season: CSI Fargo

link   

You might want to tone it down a bit,there are
ladies present.
I have watched the show maybe once and they
are all about the same.CSI,criminal minds...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow, tough crowd on the topic header -changed it...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

CSI Miami is the worst of them all. They've got csi;s who aren't cops, carrying guns, chasing suspects, and making arrests. Lol, sorry, not how it works.

Let alone that Caruso right out murdered some dude.

CSI las vegas was good, but has turned to crap now too. I can't watch any of them anymore, I call the story 10 minutes in then pick apart the episode.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't like watching them because of the opening scene in every episode. It is always some FX guy's wet dream - extreme gore, body parts, blood everywhere. Totally gratuitous and over the top.

edit on 2-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, Caruso didn't look that tough in Rambo!
Back then it sure looked like he'd suck balls.
Now, he just looks silly.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
That series is successful because of the grotesque, often sexual crimes. It tickles the viewer's sympathetic nervous system and allows them to consciously or subconsciously imagine his or herself in the role of the victim and perpetrator. This works especially well with taboo subjects. It allows the public to experience and talk about taboo things while still distancing themselves from it by labeling it as evil.

It's why the MSM usually covers violence.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Life is too short to waste your time entertaining yourself with static video on a screen.

1 - TV conditions us to accept someone else’s authority

2 - TV facilitates consolidated power through the colonization of experience

3 - TV physically conditions us for authoritative rule

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yes, I don't know what they suck on, but they do suck!

I would much rather see more sci-fi, but those shows always get cancelled quickly, and then another cop csi type drama takes their place

It seems the majority of the people watching tv, want to see blood and guts, and not something scientific(ish)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Any cop that would whisper in puns all the time, addressing people from over his shoulder while putting on his sunglasses, would find themselves in the department shrink's office straight away.

What is Caruso trying to be, anyway? What acting class teaches that crap?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I do have to agree with you about the CSI, all but the original (CSI Las Vegas) that included Grissolm. I do however think that NCIS (completely different) is much better. I have to admit that I mainly watch the show for Abby lol, but Gibbs is one of my favorites as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
What is Caruso trying to be, anyway?

You want my guess?

I liked the original, when it was original.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
I do have to agree with you about the CSI, all but the original (CSI Las Vegas) that included Grissolm. I do however think that NCIS (completely different) is much better. I have to admit that I mainly watch the show for Abby lol, but Gibbs is one of my favorites as well.

NCIS: LA with LL Cool J is watchable.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Those shows only serve to give fan service to the viewer, in the form of stroking their egos, that way they feel smarter, only resulting in a population of people, who, if a crime happened right beside them, wouldn't remember the slightest detail of any sort of relevance and would have paid entirely too much attention to all the wrong parts of the show, in their training on being a "freelance detective."

I don't know if that translated. Let's just say, people are nosy and love to invade other people's privacy and especially love making "judgement calls" (bad ones) when other people's lives are on the line, then instead of thinking of that other person at the end of the day, you're really thinking about yourself, how powerful you are to make such decisions, and how you are so great to save all the lives of people around you. Martyrs... are what those shows are about.

If anything, shows like that make our world so much more dangerous because of what it suggests to the idiot viewer, who already thinks they are a cowboy to begin with. I'm not saying the shows should be banned or anything. It really fits snugly in with the rest of the indoctrination we receive. I could go on... rambling...

new topics

top topics

join