It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 arrested after anti-Islam protest in Denmark

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

ridiculous post to invoke conflict in the 1930s/40s with the situation now- bow down to mecca, this Brit has more testicular fortiude than you

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The real question is why do we as a society (all of Western society) consider the "left wing" to be all about fuzzy bunnies and pretty rainbows? They are often the source of draconian laws (especially in Europe) and are quick to violence. Not to mention one could argue they promote the general destruction of distinct cultures in Europe with the use of Human migration, to be used as an effective tool to later destroy sovereign borders for the dream of creating a singular, all powerful, European Super State.

But ... they're the good guys.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

The real question is why do we as a society (all of Western society) consider the "left wing" to be all about fuzzy bunnies and pretty rainbows? They are often the source of draconian laws (especially in Europe) and are quick to violence. Not to mention one could argue they promote the general destruction of distinct cultures in Europe with the use of Human migration, to be used as an effective tool to later destroy sovereign borders for the dream of creating a singular, all powerful, European Super State.

But ... they're the good guys.

totally correct

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

There are much more effective ways than gathering in large numbers and marching through an area shouting and carrying banners, to prevent the spread of an unwanted set of laws. Since applying Sharia in Britain would violate more peoples human rights, than its implementation would protect, it is impossible for any nation with significant problems with the idea to enact these proposed laws.

Furthermore, there is this. When the Students marched against parliament, protesting against fee increases, and the destruction of a fair education system which offers unbaised service to all persons equally, there was an awful lot of noise, lots of people got hurt, many were arrested, and all it did (much to the regret of anyone with an honest, hard working, lower class background) was illustrate the point to the media. It changed nothing in parliament, in fact I would have thought that knowing what I know of the scum who sit in that building, they probably became even more determined to see the bill through once they knew how bloody aggrieved everyone would be about it.

When MULTITUDES of people went out into the streets to protest against the idea of going to war with Iraq, and London ground to a halt in places, the fact that people marched into the hundreds of thousands strong and more besides, meant nothing ultimately, because the blood shed they wished to prevent still went ahead, the stains on the hands of this nations leaders, still mark fresh with every injustice suffered in the wake of that war.

If Denmark is even remotely similar in terms of the probablility of successfully swaying public and political opinion, then everyone at that protest, that march, knew that they were never going to change anything. There were three hundred of them, and none of them can lay claim to the name Leonidas, so the results were always going to be a nett zero. To even have a SLIM hope of affecting a policy, the public feeling, or any other factor one might hope to alter using protest, one must have LEGIONS of people out in the street, and we all know the good causes, because they HAVE those millions, those hundreds of thousands.

This "Protest" was nothing more than an excuse to attract the wrong sort of attention, and in that at least they have succeeded.

To summarise, there is no organisation that has any business to march the streets under any description including "anti" anywhere in its name, be it anti Muslim, anti Christian, anti communist, anti capitalist, or anti atheist. The only legitimate march to participate in, the only hate banner that has EVER held legitimacy from a moral point of view, is a hatred of hate itself, and a determination to obliterate it from the present, so that our futures may be free of it. The work began with the first shots fired by allied forces in the Second World War. It must end with the last blow being struck for and by those who would never allow such hatred to rise again.

Sharia law is never going to happen, and those who truely fear that it could are actually doing exactly what weak pathetic people do, and that is retreating into a little ball of terror. "OH NOOO!", they cry,"I am so insecure that when some deluded oaf speaks rot and nonsense that can never happen, I literally wet myself in fear!!! To cover it, I shall come out all spikey and mean and hateful, to cover my urine soaked shame!".

And that there is the very top of the slippery slope. Before you know it, you are justifying to yourself actions and words that, if you were not crapping yourself at every moving shadow, and every foriegn accent you hear round a corner, you would appreciate are vile things to think and say and do.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

To summarise, there is no organisation that has any business to march the streets under any description including "anti" anywhere in its name, be it anti Muslim, anti Christian, anti communist, anti capitalist, or anti atheist. The only legitimate march to participate in, the only hate banner that has EVER held legitimacy from a moral point of view, is a hatred of hate itself, and a determination to obliterate it from the present, so that our futures may be free of it.

I disagree strongly with this opinion.

Protests anti-something could well be no less legitimate and moral than any other protests. Protesting is essential for a well functioning democracy. Right to protest is usually protected by law for a reason. It is only a good thing that citizens are active! Your kind of thinking is totaly alien to me.

As for hate, there surely are things in this world that deserve hate. Hate as an emotion has its place in a healthy society.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Just because you do not see the parallels, does not mean they are not there. If you really think that the Second World War is so unimportant as a lesson for the present and the future I honestly wonder why those that fought it bothered. I mean if no one is going to learn from history, then what the hell are we supposed to learn from? The BBC? CNN? FOX? Sod that.

I know what it means when we start seeing protests not against specific issues, but against faiths. I know the sorts of scumbags who would have joined that protest. BNP, EDL, and thier equivalents from all across Europe. More likely than not, the next Anders Behring Breivik stomping around in the throng. You want people like that flying the flag against Sharia law? I do not. I want people like that staked out and castrated so that they cannot pass on thier failed ideals to others.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The only legitimate march to participate in, the only hate banner that has EVER held legitimacy from a moral point of view, is a hatred of hate itself, and a determination to obliterate it from the present,

Among muslims, hate against homosexuals, apostates, adulterers or those who make fun of Muhammad is present. So is it not justified to protest against these darker hateful parts of Islam?
edit on 2/4/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I have no problem with freedom to protest. I have a problem with freedom to protest being extended to xenophobes of any stripe however. Those who hate others based on creed, colour, race or faith have no place in a fair and decent society. I would certainly hope against hope that in the future, such people exist only in text books, and serve in no larger capacity than as an abject lesson in what terror and destruction comes down on anyone who indulges such base and utterly harmful behavior.

You are right, Islam does have those things you mention in it. So does the Bible. So do most religions of any long standing in fact, aside from ancient Greek and Roman traditions, which long sinced passed from religion into mythology in any case. Whats your point? Pretty empty I think.

And again, I am not saying that Sharia law wouldnt be crap if it came about, but it cannot because it would infringe on the Human Rights of anyone under its aegis who happened not to be a Muslim. But I do think that if we are to take it upon ourselves to start mobilising against any group within our own borders, it ought to be against the sickness that spreads through the non Muslim population, the unreasoning blind hate that has not even the doctrine of a thousand plus years of dogma to support it, but is rather just an animalistic and unjustifiable hate.

When we have excized that dirt from our nation, then maybe we can, from a moral high ground demand an end to hate from all cultures, toward all cultures that exist in this fair Isle, and come to peace finally.
edit on 2-4-2012 by TrueBrit because: additional debate points covered in edit.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I have no problem with freedom to protest. I have a problem with freedom to protest being extended to xenophobes of any stripe however. Those who hate others based on creed, colour, race or faith have no place in a fair and decent society.

Any ideology is a legitimate target for protests and being hated. Political, religious or other. So I surely disagree with you when it comes to creed or faith. Just because you proclaim your opinion to be faith does not make it immune from criticism, protests or hate.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Let me get this very straight Maslo... are you suggesting for even a second, that a person ought to have the RIGHT to abuse a person, based on prejudice and ignorance? I say NO ONE has the right to abuse a person, by hating them,by antagonising them, based purely on what they look like, what thier religion is, and what way they prey, and thank God that people in this country used to understand that implicitly, because if they had not understood this then the world today would have been a much worse place than it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So you are ready to just bend over and accept sharia law?

You will give them what they want and not fight for what you want?

Are you really a traitor to your own culture?

This whole thing is NOT about Hating anyone.
It is NOT about hate.
It is about self-preservation.
It is about preventing your whole Country; Your Whole Culture from Extinction..
Are you happy with the thought of everything that you, your children and your countrymen will be anhilated?

edit on 2-4-2012 by OhZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You are right, Islam does have those things you mention in it. So does the Bible. So do most religions of any long standing in fact, aside from ancient Greek and Roman traditions, which long sinced passed from religion into mythology in any case. Whats your point? Pretty empty I think.

My point is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with protests against any ideology, including religious ideology, and in fact it is a sign of a healthy society that people stand up for their ideas.

My point is that according to your own self-defeating opinion, because hate is prevalent also among muslims or most other religions, that makes them a justified target for protesting.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Maslo

Let me get this very straight Maslo... are you suggesting for even a second, that a person ought to have the RIGHT to abuse a person, based on prejudice and ignorance? I say NO ONE has the right to abuse a person, by hating them,by antagonising them, based purely on what they look like, what thier religion is, and what way they prey, and thank God that people in this country used to understand that implicitly, because if they had not understood this then the world today would have been a much worse place than it is.

Abuse? No.

I am suggesting that a person ought to have the RIGHT to hate a political or religious ideology. To state otherwise is a blatant thoughtcrime.

I am suggesting that a person ought to have the RIGHT to protest and agitate against any political or religous ideology.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

LEARN TO READ!

I have already made my feelings clear on that note. There is nothing to do about Sharia law, because it cannot happen here, for the reasons I have already stated. As far as I am concerned, there are two ways to live in Britain. Under British law as it stands to day, or very temporarily indeed. There is no question of our nations laws ever changing, purely to accomodate the Muslim perspective, nor should it, and if there was even the remotest chance of anything like it happening, then of course I would be vocally opposed.

But I would be vocally opposed to the proposition, not the faith that spawned it, because one is fair, and the other is xenophobia, and will not be tolerated on the shores of the British Isles, if it is in my power to prevent. I can assure you, it is those who would utterly ignore the history our grandparents etched for us, who traitor themselves, not those of us who use reason instead of abandoning our fairness and decency.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You ask any one of the protestors who was there in that march what they were there for, after a few beers, and it wont be Sharia law they are all protesting about. It will be the fact that there are people that they do not understand, living in thier nation, or on thier continent. These people are only just smart enough to get under a banner which is legal, but thier hearts are full of venom and they have no right to use a group of people who have done nothing to them, as a scape goat for that bile.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by OhZone

LEARN TO READ!

I have already made my feelings clear on that note. There is nothing to do about Sharia law, because it cannot happen here, for the reasons I have already stated. As far as I am concerned, there are two ways to live in Britain. Under British law as it stands to day, or very temporarily indeed. There is no question of our nations laws ever changing, purely to accomodate the Muslim perspective, nor should it, and if there was even the remotest chance of anything like it happening, then of course I would be vocally opposed.

But I would be vocally opposed to the proposition, not the faith that spawned it, because one is fair, and the other is xenophobia, and will not be tolerated on the shores of the British Isles, if it is in my power to prevent. I can assure you, it is those who would utterly ignore the history our grandparents etched for us, who traitor themselves, not those of us who use reason instead of abandoning our fairness and decency.

Famous last words.
Wish I could be there to see you eat them.
You seem to be so wraped up in not being xenophobic.
I wonder what you will do when those you finally recognize that those you are being so nice to show themselves for who they really are.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

These people are only just smart enough to get under a banner which is legal, but thier hearts are full of venom and they have no right to use a group of people who have done nothing to them, as a scape goat for that bile.

Oh yes, they do have and should have the right.

Dont agree with them? Join the counter-protest. If it is true what you described, then I am surely against them, too. Which does not mean I will agree with any restrictions on their right to express their hateful ideas, tough.
edit on 2/4/12 by Maslo because: typos

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Famous last words.
Wish I could be there to see you eat them.
You seem to be so wraped up in not being xenophobic.
I wonder what you will do when those you finally recognize that those you are being so nice to show themselves for who they really are.

I may appear wrapped up in not being xenophobic. Thats a very healty attitude to take as well, bearing in mind that xenophobia is the most cancerous disease of thought it is possible to have within you, without requiring radiotherapy.
But I will assure you of this. If a person presents themselves as a genuine danger to my life and liberty, and that of my fellow Briton, then I will deal with them as the situation befits, with all speed and a heart clear of guilt.

Until then I will not judge an entire group of people, based on religion. Each human being has a right to be dealt with as a human being, and on thier own merits, beyond and in spite of thier faith.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

...It IS their nation.. and it IS their continent. I know whites are not supposed to have a "homeland" like everyone else.. but surely you can understand why some people would be angry over the changes being made to THEIR society for the sake of political correctness and cheap labor? What would you expect if a bunch of Europeans immigrated en mass to Saudi Arabia? You'd expect a lot of angry people.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
The news is not that spread out but is interesting to see how the demonstrators are being considered as a far right wing group while the violence started by the young muslims living in Denmark.

That's how it usually is. You get a few people considered to be 'extremists' by the liberals and then you get their counter protesters who are many times more extreme then those claimed to be extremists!

But this is a growing trend in Europe. People claim that Islam is no danger, yet look at the crime statistics Europe wide. I know people will say, "oh that's not true", but it is. Any police record will show you that, especially in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

I find it funny, a couple of years ago they (Muslims) had some kind of protest in Oslo, Norway. They beat up an elderly pro-Israel man, burned trash cans, cars... Threw rocks through windows and vandalized schools. Yet, the media proclaimed this was a 'peaceful protest' even though the same newspapers like VG.no also highlighted the anarchy and damages they caused throughout the typically peaceful streets of Oslo. (If you don't count the numerous rapes committed to ethnic Norwegians by immigrants.)

I'm not going to toss up any links about all this, because it's plenty easy to find on your own via Google.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join