It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 arrested after anti-Islam protest in Denmark

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have no problems with protests either, but i question the motives of these "far right - anti islam" groups. Why do they always carry a flag of Israel on their rallies? It happend in Aarhus aswell

So whats the point? Am i the only one who finds this extremely funny? They are waving a flag of the people that were ethnically cleansed from Europe 60 years ago by.....Europeans. I bet most of those right wing guys would support "Endlösnung" for Muslims in Europe if they had enough power.
They are as brainwashed as the small part of Muslim zealots who want Sharia zones in Europe if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I'm not the only person who tries to get to the bottom of a news article whenever I read one right?

I mean I took this article, read it all the way to the end, found a couple of names under which the counter-demonstration was talking about and I googled them.

The names are: English Defence League, Danish Defence League

Then I came across this news: BBC Pay For English Defence Leauge Leaders Air Fare

These people are real. They are extreme right wing apparently and are responsible for the anti-Islamic rally that took place in Aarhus. The fact that left-wingers got up and protested them was interesting as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by TrueBrit

...It IS their nation.. and it IS their continent. I know whites are not supposed to have a "homeland" like everyone else..

Well I do not know that this is exactly relevant, since there are white Muslims as well as Arab. White people come from all over the place. We collonised masses of the planet at one point, and had land in every continent to call our own. We only had the temerity to interfere with another culture in such a vile way because of our Imperial past, given us by the Roman influence on the original tribal cultures existing among pre roman Europeans.

but surely you can understand why some people would be angry over the changes being made to THEIR society for the sake of political correctness and cheap labor? What would you expect if a bunch of Europeans immigrated en mass to Saudi Arabia? You'd expect a lot of angry people.

See , this is the thing, Sharia law changes HAVE NOT HAPPENED! There is NO bogeyman. I would imagine that the very same reasons why Sharia cannot happen here, prevent it from being enacted in any nation that has a standing statute book which has remained inviolate for hundreds of years, and prevent it being enacted anywhere in Europe due to its automatic infringing of human rights law. So, aside from the fact that there are new people in the neighborhood, who pray a different way, there ARE no changes happening in thier society. There are changes happening to what it looks like, and the amount of new things they will see, but ultimately death and taxes are still the only certainties, and politicians are still scum, so theres no real bloody difference!

And, if a bunch of immigrant Europeans went to Saudi, then they would have to expect to face the rule of law in thier adopted country, just as Arab Muslims must do here. Again, I am aware that small minorities of Muslims desire Sharia, but only as many as there are BNP enforcers and thugs with a burning desire to see every African, Jew, Arab, Chinaman, Japanese, and Southern Islander get strung up by the neck and shot to death.

You can spin this any way you like, but the fact of the matter is this. An awful lot of people are getting out of thier box about something that cannot happen, that is a non-event. They are doing so because they are weak, not because they are strong, and they are weak because they lack the ability to move past thier hatred and try to commune with and welcome thier new neighbors. This makes integration very difficult. I KNOW there are those who would find intergration difficult besides this point, but they are very many less than the right wingers would have you believe.

The vast majority of people, no matter what they do on thier holy day, or who they do it to, just want to be free to live in peace, without violence and hate dictating thier every move. There are psychopaths on both sides who would like to see that peace shattered and made unattainable. These people, these hate preachers, white, Arab, or otherwise, should all be shot to death, but if we must start that process somewhere, we should rid ourselves of OUR shame first, and see about dealing with other matters second. It is the only honourable and acceptable way forward.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by blueorder

Just because you do not see the parallels, does not mean they are not there.
[
If you really think that the Second World War is so unimportant as a lesson for the present and the future I honestly wonder why those that fought it bothered. I mean if no one is going to learn from history, then what the hell are we supposed to learn from? The BBC? CNN? FOX? Sod that.

You need to learn your history- we did not declare war on HItler to save a certain ethnicity or race- we declared war on Hitler over fears about his intentions over Britain in the long run as well as threats to the Empire- if we were that concerned about the Poles we soon lost that when the extreme left of the Soviet Union took their share.

There is no lesson to be learned there, regardless of how much you wish there to be

I know what it means when we start seeing protests not against specific issues, but against faiths. I know the sorts of scumbags who would have joined that protest. BNP, EDL, and thier equivalents from all across Europe. More likely than not, the next Anders Behring Breivik stomping around in the throng. You want people like that flying the flag against Sharia law? I do not. I want people like that staked out and castrated so that they cannot pass on thier failed ideals to others.

Bury your head in the sand, meanwhile, just wait for the next London Bombings or Jewish kids being shot dead, but yeah, focus on the "far right" bogeyman..........

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Intrud3r

Two schools of thought

1) The flags of Israel are waved because of their obvious emnity with much of the Islamic world

2) These organisations are nothing more than zionist organised safety valves, giving the illusion of something being done about the effects of globalism and the nullification of European culture.

When European culture is nullified, people will react- I can only hope it is politically
edit on 2-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The only part of this story that is relevant in my opinion is that only 300 right-wing fanatics showed up, which exposes the limited reach of these people.

Thankfully, they are an extremist minority.

And for those who will now bitch and whine about them being called extremists - you're calling a group of ten, twenty or thirty Muslim's extremists, when they are expressing their opinions (which of course you don't agree with), so what makes you less of an extremist than they are? You're all out on the street screaming about how society should conform to YOUR ideals. What's the difference?

And don't give me all that BS about them being violent and the EDL being nice and fluffy little bunnies with not an ounce of maniac amongst them - because none of us are that stupid!

You know what I think? I think the BNP/EDL/Nazi idiots should shut the f**k up and get on with their lives, leave other people to get on with theirs, maybe read a book about the history of England, and of Europe.

There only seems to be problems when the racists appear to chant their crap.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
The only part of this story that is relevant in my opinion is that only 300 right-wing fanatics showed up, which exposes the limited reach of these people.

Thankfully, they are an extremist minority.

says more about your opinion than anything

And for those who will now bitch and whine about them being called extremists - you're calling a group of ten, twenty or thirty Muslim's extremists, when they are expressing their opinions (which of course you don't agree with), so what makes you less of an extremist than they are? You're all out on the street screaming about how society should conform to YOUR ideals. What's the difference?

ten, twenty, thirty- wise up and cease your buffoonery, are you talking percentages here, get real man, just get real

And don't give me all that BS about them being violent and the EDL being nice and fluffy little bunnies with not an ounce of maniac amongst them - because none of us are that stupid!

who says that- WHO

WHO HERE HAS SAID THE EDL ARE FLUFFY BUNNIES

what sort of weird discussion is this

You know what I think? I think the BNP/EDL/Nazi idiots should shut the f**k up and get on with their lives, leave other people to get on with theirs, maybe read a book about the history of England, and of Europe.

oh, look, someone inserted the "NAZI" word, how clever, not a sign of fear of debate there, no definitely not.

Read a book about the history of England- WHICH BIT, COME ON THEN, IT SURE ISN'T ONE TO SUPPORT THE MASS IMMIGRATION OF THE LAST 15 YEARS. Centuries ago it was called invasion, you go read a book

There only seems to be problems when the racists appear to chant their crap.

another one with his head in the sand

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The neo Nazis are trying to get some fans on sites like this. Obviously they get some. But they also get some critique here. That is what makes me proud.

Don't let the fools rule you!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Thanks for backing up pretty much every point I could possibly ever make!

You know, sometimes I fear the racist fanatics, and I occasionally worry about a far-right party gaining power in the UK.
Then I see posts like this one, and meetings with 300 people, and idiots like Nick Griffin spewing his BS, and suddenly I'm not that scared at all.

Now, when the racists start reading and educating themselves, then I might be worried. But as long as they're nonsensical, unable to formulate an argument or actually offer any persuasive points, I'm cool and groovy

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
The neo Nazis are trying to get some fans on sites like this. Obviously they get some. But they also get some critique here. That is what makes me proud.

Don't let the fools rule you!

Without the intention of offending you, try to educate your self a bit more. Nazis had nothing against muslims or their faith. Google it and you'll see it for yourself. Meanwhile check this video out (WARNING: The video might offend someone however the purpose of the use is just for illustration and no propaganda)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What are you telling me? I am German and I live in Germany. I surely know, what neo-nazis say and think.
If you tell me, I don't know, what is happening in USA, I surely give it a second thought.

But if you tell me, that I don't know, what's going on in my country, than you are the one who is behind.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The same happens here in the UK. The EDL will hold an "anti-Islamification" march, the UAF and they're rent-a-mob asian thugs turn up, hurl stones, rocks, metal bars and bottle at the EDL, but yet have the temerity to claim that it is the EDL who are "fascist" and they are defending democracy and freedom...

Strange isn't it?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Indeed. Hitler met with leaders of both Iran and Indian national groups to try and get them on side to fight the British.

But let's not compare apples and oranges.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
What are you telling me? I am German and I live in Germany. I surely know, what neo-nazis say and think.
If you tell me, I don't know, what is happening in USA, I surely give it a second thought.

But if you tell me, that I don't know, what's going on in my country, than you are the one who is behind.

I cannot guess where are you from. By your nickname I thought you were Indian or SriLankan. I just relayed to the historical facts. I don't know what neo nazis do and think now (but a simple logic just tells me that if they don't stand to the nazi ideology than their definition of neo nazi is just a name calling for a bunch of morons who like to play extremist borrowing an ideology which they have nothing in common). They might be extremists, right wings or whatever you like to name them, but not nazis. I can teach a monkey to raise his hand in HAIL greeting, wearing some clothes with a swastika on them but that doesn't make the monkey a nazi
And german or not, I'm sorry to say it but you seam to have some unclear concepts. Anyway, the thread is not about nazis per say but the name callings and how rushed people are to define which one is which. That being said, I'm not advocating violence or cheering for extremist groups. I'm fan of neither. But I do firmly believe that cultural clashes are very possible in today's Europe. All that imposing done by the governments, human rights groups, multiculturalism campaigns, laws created to make people change the way they feel and think about diversity in culture and tradition in my humble opinion was and is just a bubble predestined to explode. Maybe is something designed exactly for that purpose and if its so we have to admit it that, is genius in its evil. I don't know. I just fear that things are going to get worst considering also the nature of some cultures and especially religions which are quiet intolerant and separatist in nature. Time will tell. What we see happening in England, Denmark and elsewhere is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

violence started by the young muslims living in Denmark.

I didn't find a reference to that in the article. It seems you only assumed the violence was initiated by "young muslims".

Perhaps the "outsiders" needed a few rocks and bottles hurled their way to show that they weren't welcome.

I can think of a few groups here in the US that deserve the same treatment, but it sure as hell isn't the mainstream Muslims.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Heavy energy in this thread. Dark, nasty stuff. I nearly gave into it a little while ago, and posted another rant. Fortunately I caught myself.

Keep your eyes open, guys. Funny things happening over the last several days. I post things at times, and then freak out afterwards, thinking...how could I ever have said that?

Sometimes I think we tap into something which is not our own; something horrible.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Only the wise get conflicting thoughts, and admit it. Good for you!

See ya,
Milt

edit on 3-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Intrud3r

Why do they always carry a flag of Israel on their rallies?

I think it for two reasons:

1. Jewish-Muslim tensions
2. To show that they are not associated with neo-nazis, who tend to hate Israel and Jews.

reply to post by detachedindividual

racist fanatics

Be careful with using the racism buzzword. Islam is not a race.
edit on 3/4/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Thanks for backing up pretty much every point I could possibly ever make!

You know, sometimes I fear the racist fanatics, and I occasionally worry about a far-right party gaining power in the UK.
Then I see posts like this one, and meetings with 300 people, and idiots like Nick Griffin spewing his BS, and suddenly I'm not that scared at all.

Now, when the racists start reading and educating themselves, then I might be worried. But as long as they're nonsensical, unable to formulate an argument or actually offer any persuasive points, I'm cool and groovy

I backed up none of your points- you can demonise people and attempt to oppress free thought, but totalitarian instincts like yours will always be resisted.

Bottom line is this- an increasing Islamic population will see increasing conflict within Europe, both from Muslims and by non Muslims- this is not something I WISH to happen, but it would be infantile to pretend that this will not happen.

We don't want to be infantile do we

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The real story here is that whole swathes of the working classes are cut loose and ignored by our societies.
They have no jobs, prospects or hope for anything better.
They'll never own a house, a new car or be able to have any number of things they are brainwashed into aspiring to.
Is it any wonder that they fall into the arms of extremist groups.
The white kids go to the EDL and their ilk, while the Asian kids go to the mad mullahs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join