It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Owner Wants Input

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

There ya' go ...
That's what I'm talking about ... oh the fun we could have

Originally posted by soficrow
Oh yeah! ...Maybe a gladiator forum in WayAbove where people could indulge their less-than-intellectual tendencies, work off their frustrations.

BINGO!
(side note ... soficrow .. you know I'm just having fun with ya' on this, right?
)

Originally posted by mrmedinet
Are you saying people that worship Timothy Mcveigh are the bottom of the barrel;

It was the first thing I thought of ... and yes I think they are absurd.

edit on 4/1/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Crow you can't tinker with the truth.

Now do a member a huge favor and buy my wife a car so she can stop her insessent whinning.. Good god it's horrible. Constantly moaning and her attitude, INTOLERABLE. ....

edit on 1-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I hadn't realized one could purchase outright a federal agency.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Can we still keep our capes and heels?
Also, can you tell Garth that he needs to wear more than a speedo w/ his cape and ballet flats??

Thanks

edit on April 1st 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You say you have a business background. That in itself is hard to fathom. A smart savvy person would have researched any business he was wanting to invest in. They have a saying, a fool and his money are soon parted.
edit on 1-4-2012 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Does that mean I'm going to get paid now?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
can you tell Garth that he needs to wear more than a speedo w/ his cape and ballet flats??

I wanna' see that. Tell him to put it up on facebook!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Good Lord loam! Of course you can. I KNOW you're more educated than to think one can't!

FYI - I'm picking up the FDA next week. It's going to be the Crown Jewel of my portfolio.

edit on 1/4/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Originally posted by intrepid
Does that mean I'm going to get paid now?

Maybe, if you count commissions and the occasional bonus.

No more slacking off though, and btw, I'll be paring down the refreshments allocation AND demanding smoothies with healthy snacks. Which will come out of the beer budget. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hi Sofi…

I must first congratulate you on the great April Fools joke and then your fantasy of having won a lottery and lastly but most importantly on having been a part of the ATS community for “about ten years”.

Being rather new to ATS and able to look left, right and down the middle, I would suggest ATS must either:

1 – be restricted to being a journal of academia and thus reporting and or debating only in the accepted methods particular to each category.

2 – or be open to everyone and entertain thought provoking questions, ideas and input reaching far beyond the reaches of those basics we all learned at university.

Regardless, as rather a newcomer to ATS, the ‘trolling’ is absurd. My observations have shown you have two types of trolls on ATS; both sit on the wires above like vultures awaiting a weak or unwitting prey and many operate in pairs or small groups.

One type has the intent of causing argument and confusion by employing disinformation and full frontal attack with no point of fact, while the other simply wants to rip and shred the very life from those they consider to be stupid, ignorant and uneducated.

I would believe your choice would be, given your background in a restaurant business which notably requires a quality product at a fair market price and the ultimate in comfort and customer service to a large cross section of the general public to be successful, ATS is open to all who choose to join.

Possibly we should join in the business of manufacturing “Troll Spray”?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

It appears large corporations already do this in the US government don't you think?

edit on 1-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

...if as you say, sooner or later it becomes a verifiable fact, then you had ample evidence to support your own claims, and detractors had evidence supporting theirs which put it into the category of differing opinions placing more weight on one piece of evidence over another.

That is not in my opinion debunking, it is simply a differing opinion. And those are generally quite interesting threads to read, as it gives varying viewpoints based on fact.

....The only consideration would be ensuring whomever you chose has enough knowledge of science, politics, etc. to moderate that particular forum properly.

...But that's the problem, imho - so-called "education" is required to amass "knowledge" but with it comes intrinsic bias and a commitment to protecting the status quo [aka the legitimacy of one's credentials].

What can be done about that?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Great analysis. Thank you.

Possibly we should join in the business of manufacturing “Troll Spray”?

Please. I can find investors for a proven virtual product.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Doesnt time fly? I cant believe its been a year since we had the SkepticOverlord/Springer for president thing, now that was funny.

Ya mean they aren't going to run???

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Jameela

...if as you say, sooner or later it becomes a verifiable fact, then you had ample evidence to support your own claims, and detractors had evidence supporting theirs which put it into the category of differing opinions placing more weight on one piece of evidence over another.

That is not in my opinion debunking, it is simply a differing opinion. And those are generally quite interesting threads to read, as it gives varying viewpoints based on fact.

....The only consideration would be ensuring whomever you chose has enough knowledge of science, politics, etc. to moderate that particular forum properly.

...But that's the problem, imho - so-called "education" is required to amass "knowledge" but with it comes intrinsic bias and a commitment to protecting the status quo [aka the legitimacy of one's credentials].

What can be done about that?

Hey Sofi...if there were stars I'd give you one for this comment as I believe you hit the nail of educated bias square on the head here ... I recall a rather pleasant mixture of profs in university between those so full of themselves and so blinded by the book they could hardly get their heads in the classroom, and then those I felt more grounded in reality which always asked questions and wanted thoughts on, "What If"...
I myself, even after five years of education and 50 years of hands on reality find myself in the "What If" category of thinkers and teachers.
edit on 1-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but I don't have a spray for "bully well full of themselves either"... we must go into this business..

edit on 1-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Ooops... no answer

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I am assuming that this is your april fools joke
to all of us here on ATS?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
lol @ spray!

Both Sofi and OldCurmudgeon are correct. I do not and will not make many articles or threads here for many reasons, I would rather reply when I have a few seconds and do not want to think. Which lessens the quality of what my posting could otherwise be.

Having academia do any real work here is greatly hindered by not having copyright on their own work and research, as well as those nasty credentials to worry about...

The academic has an openness however, with the anonymity here, which is a great help in the latter, but work and research for the academic is a precious thing, and one prefers ownership of it when this is your bread and butter. You never know what you may write in the future, I for one only want to quote myself as an 'other than myself' if the topic is one I prefer my name not to be near, although this completely diminishes the credibility of ones own work-- not that anyone who quotes from a post/thread at ATS could ever hold their head up in public again! (HA! that alone I could never imagine)

So it is a catch 22 for anyone in academia.

Possibly the answer is simply competing in the numbers of posts/threads with those of diminished capacity, because it has to be an open place for all, and cracking down with already existing rules that appear little employed.

So get out the "troll" and "bully well full of themselves" spray!

edit on 1-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

New ATS Owner Wants Input

I am pleased that you have chosen to approach the membership and ask for ideas. This is a glorious day for ATS!

Here are my ideas;

*Eliminate the [HOAX] thread and replace it with the following: [ATS DON'T LIKE IT]

*Open a bar for the membership that has both First Class for those who have been here over 4 years and a Second Class for all others. Please do note that a smoking room should be available for First Class.

*A UFO conference room for those who have personally been aboard a UFO and left the solar system so that recipes from Beta Gamma Hydra and Cygnus Epsilon can be shared.

*The old owner... SkepticOverbearing, should be allowed to retain access. I'd love a chance to catch him on a pool table

*Members of Obama's official 'Truth Teamsters' who are paid to spread dissent here, should be required to shower and shave before entering the website. I really don't care what they come to say but the smell has become almost unbearable.

That's a start...

Best

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

"Obamas Truth Teamsters"... LMAO... I luv it redoubt... I always call them "Obamaites" but may I borrow from you and refer to them as "Obamaite Truth Teamsters".???

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
reply to post by redoubt

"Obamas Truth Teamsters"... LMAO... I luv it redoubt... I always call them "Obamaites" but may I borrow from you and refer to them as "Obamaite Truth Teamsters".???

hell, go ahead. I don't have the bucks to buy a copyright... just use them wisely and bring home something to hang over the hearth...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join