It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hillary Clinton: Time running out for diplomacy with Iran

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) – U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton made clear Saturday that time is running out for diplomacy over Iran's nuclear program and said talks aimed at preventing Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon would resume in mid-April.


With speculation over a possible U.S. or Israel military attack adding urgency to the next round of discussions in Istanbul set for April 13, Clinton said Iran's "window of opportunity" for a peaceful resolution "will not remain open forever."

USA Today

Well, It's nice to see they haven't forgotten about Iran, with Afghanistan wrapping up we need a new target for the military industrial complex to keep churning at maximum capacity.

edit on 3/31/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It seems Hillary knows the outcome of these talks already.
If the war against Iran start, you all brace yourself because it will have a global domino-effect!
edit on 31-3-2012 by Regenstorm because: typo



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden
 


They won't do anything. If North Korea is any indication, all they will do is make the economic sanctions tighter. This is hurting them so bad right now.


I don't know why this crazy government is still pursuing the "Iran has WMD" agenda when everyone, even Israel, have said they aren't building them.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Drezden
 


They won't do anything. If North Korea is any indication, all they will do is make the economic sanctions tighter. This is hurting them so bad right now.


I don't know why this crazy government is still pursuing the "Iran has WMD" agenda when everyone, even Israel, have said they aren't building them.


There is a big difference between NK and Iran.. North Korea has nukes, even the brazen military industrial complex doesn't want nuclear war. Iran however doesn't have nukes, so it's a much safer target, but still a target that would pump millions of dollars, perhaps over a billion, into the weapons and war industry.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
To diffuse the Iran situation without conflict would be a feather in the administration's hat and assure re-election.

Next best option is to put off conflict until after the election in November.

Third best option is to go to combat before the election in response to a false flag attack on US assets.

Beyond these all other options appear to me to be very poor choices.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden
 





There is a big difference between NK and Iran.. North Korea has nukes, even the brazen military industrial complex doesn't want nuclear war. Iran however doesn't have nukes, so it's a much safer target, but still a target that would pump millions of dollars, perhaps over a billion, into the weapons and war industry.


Yes I do realize that there is a big difference between the two, but, some politicians in the US are blind, deaf and dumb when it comes to their own "intelligence" stating that Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons. I know alot of Americans on ATS, believe Iran to be the next big bad wolf. I don't think the US would start a war with Iran because I honestly don't believe Americans are stupid enough to fall for the "WMD argument" again...but who knows, the politicians tried to use it twice right? I don't think Iran is a safer target as it would destroy the US economy, any confidence sane Americans had in the government would be shattered, and it would cause a lot of fatalities on both sides.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All that the overfed obesed Persian infidel ayatollahs have to do is just come clean with its nuke programme, and mankind will know how and what to deal with them, rather than to lie to the world, delay and then continually surprise all humanity with its progress beyond what it had stated long ago. They had proven themselves that they can no longer be trusted.

Along with their lies, came deep concerns and horror with their total support for the extermination of innocent mankind, which is against the very grains of peaceful Islam, murders of both muslims and non-muslims in the name of an evil twisted perception of islam without a care through the funding of terrorism, fully admitted by them, belligerantly and figuratively with their middle fingers up to the dead innocents and the victims.

In the 30s, the devil Hitler went on an overdrive of re-arming its military massively and secretly against its avowed treaty. Many in the world was unaware, but those whom were aware accepted his lies that they were purely for defense, nothing more. The world was tired of the devastation caused by WW1, and just like today, NONE wanted a war.

But by 1939, the forces of evil were unleashed, and created hell upon an unsuspecting world by the DarkFiends Nazi Germany and Military Junta Japan.

In the end, a war that none wanted was what it took, of massive dimensions in blood, resources and sacrifice by humanity, to defeat the forces of evil, when if only they had been more vigilant earlier, and taken Hitler into account in the early 30s, there would not have been much blood shed.

Today, history repeats itself with new actors in this same play. Mankind has not cross the Rubicon yet, and the infidel ayatollohs can be brought to heel, by both internal and external pressures, so that lives can be spared. We must not let the mistake of the past repeat itself today.

None one wants war, but if that's what it takes, no human will shirk from it, as our ancestors had not shirk, when evil almost triumph humanity in the 40s. It is still not too late today to hold the ayatollohs accountable. There is time...but not much...




posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wonder how the new middle-east currency agreements affect this?

It's not in the MSM but the Arab League conferences over the past week seem to be in total agreement to form a regional currency. Funny that I read about this on Wednesday and Thursday but today I can't find it anymore in the search engines or any news article. (that was sarcasm, I of course know why!)

Not to mention BRICS (29 countries) shoving the USD out the door.

And then there seems to be a new asian regional currency in the works too.

Bye Bye Federal Reserve notes, nobody loves you anymore.

With all of that going on and when you include Zionist Isreal, people actually wonder by TPTB are trying to shake up the middle east?



edit on 31-3-2012 by Gruffly because: none



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Along with their lies, came deep concerns and horror with their total support for the extermination of innocent mankind, which is against the very grains of peaceful Islam, murders of both muslims and non-muslims in the name of an evil twisted perception of islam without a care through the funding of terrorism, fully admitted by them, belligerantly and figuratively with their middle fingers up to the dead innocents and the victims.


Why should Iran cooperate with US's and European demands? The U.S. overthrew Iran democratic government, placed a brutal dictator in charge, gave money and chemical weapons to Iraq to start an aggressive war with Iran killing thousands of innocent Iranians, and then imposing endless sanctions on Iran?

If China did that to the U.S. and then China told the U.S. that we had to share all of our nuke information with them and allow Chinese inspectors to come in and tell us what we can and cannot do.. how would the U.S. react to that?



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden
 


Let's not rise or resort to unsubstantiated conjectures to distract from the critical issue on hand, such as allegations of who paid who, and who overthrew who, or what other conjecturized activities is happening elsewhere.

And the critical issue is that the infidel ayatollahs had not come clean with its nuke programme. It's not a matter of giving up 'national soveriegnity' when a nation reveals its nuke programmes honestly. Chernaboyl and Fukishima had proven that when nuke tech goes unchecked, ALL mankind whom share this planet will be affected.

Mistakes of the past had been made. We will be fools to repeat them today or allow it to continue foolishly. We owe it to the survival of ourselves, if not the innocent next generations.

Be part of the solution, consider the logic, and not be part of the problem. Together we can stop it. Failure is not an option.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Nobody wants our counterfeit FED toiletpaper. Why would they? Look what it's worth, and it becauses more wothless by the moment!
Iran is surrounded by some 45+ US military bases, yet hasn't been in a war in 300 years.
This is a duplicate of every BS action we've thrown our kids into the meat grinder for and confirmed our stance as an international dictatorship by. We are a puppet of the UK & Isreal. Clinton is just another evil shill.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's been quite, too quite,

the Constant propaganda has diminished as of late, which is usually when people should worry more



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden
 

The US military is stopping them and have since bush.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


So in other terms you say, the Moslem's are the next generation Nazis?



You need some history lessons from both sides pal (I mean mainstream history and alternative sources). The treaty of Versailles was the basis for WW2. France and Britain knew that very well.



posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


So in other terms you say, the Moslem's are the next generation Nazis?



You need some history lessons from both sides pal (I mean mainstream history and alternative sources). The treaty of Versailles was the basis for WW2. France and Britain knew that very well.


If you are of the religious faith, then you should full well that the evil ones - darkfiends, collegues of the forsaken, will twist any religion or political doctrine to destroy mankind.for their own selfish ends.

If you have yet to acknowledge our common Creator, then you should equally know well that by the actions of the brutal persian infidel ayatollahs even to their own iranian citizens that they have their own publicised and long admitted personal agendas, of exterminating mankind, regardless of muslim or non-muslims through terrorism - the murder of innocents.

The treaty was meant to end wars, and rightfully the ambitious German Kaiser who started the war belligerantly and then irresponsibly fled when the war was over, be made to pay. Unfortunately, the german masses, those that remained in Germany and had not fled, trusted him, joined him and caused immense suffering and pain to others, and thus made to pay for the loss of lives stopping their conquering ambitions.

The next generations today whom are hell bent on extermination of mankind, as you presumed to be Nazis, are not majority of the muslims. The ones responsible are the persian infidel ayatollahs and their fellow dark fiend supporters whom had funded and participated in the murder of innocents worldwide.

There is no need for sarcasm from you. You and I do have have common goals in life, regardless of our differences. We must hold the infidel ayatollahs responsible, for the suffering and pain to come.

You and I alone have no power, but when combined with our families, relatives and friends, we have the power to support initiatives to end bitter confrontations that would save lives, if not ours, at least it would be for the next innocent generations, regardless if we are parents or not. Humankind would never hurt children. Only beasts do.

Time...is running...out...
edit on 31-3-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by Drezden
 


Let's not rise or resort to unsubstantiated conjectures to distract from the critical issue on hand, such as allegations of who paid who, and who overthrew who, or what other conjecturized activities is happening elsewhere.

And the critical issue is that the infidel ayatollahs had not come clean with its nuke programme. It's not a matter of giving up 'national soveriegnity' when a nation reveals its nuke programmes honestly. Chernaboyl and Fukishima had proven that when nuke tech goes unchecked, ALL mankind whom share this planet will be affected.

Mistakes of the past had been made. We will be fools to repeat them today or allow it to continue foolishly. We owe it to the survival of ourselves, if not the innocent next generations.

Be part of the solution, consider the logic, and not be part of the problem. Together we can stop it. Failure is not an option.


Stop what? Stop Iran from getting a nuke? Even if Iran created a fully operational nuclear weapon.. and has the ability to send it to Europe... The Nato air defense would blow it up in the sky, but it would never get that far.. Iran would not risk using a nuclear bomb on another nation. For one it would be so blatantly against Islam to kill that many innocent civilians in an unprovoked manner. Iran would not use a bomb on a nation that wasn't invading or bombing Iran.

And 2.. even if it did come to war Iran would not use a nuclear bomb because they could send out 1 or 2 bombs that would fail, yet they would have hundreds of nukes coming at them. They aren't that stupid.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
All that the overfed obesed Persian infidel ayatollahs have to do is just come clean with its nuke programme, and mankind will know how and what to deal with them, rather than to lie to the world, delay and then continually surprise all humanity with its progress beyond what it had stated long ago. They had proven themselves that they can no longer be trusted.

Along with their lies, came deep concerns and horror with their total support for the extermination of innocent mankind, which is against the very grains of peaceful Islam, murders of both muslims and non-muslims in the name of an evil twisted perception of islam without a care through the funding of terrorism, fully admitted by them, belligerantly and figuratively with their middle fingers up to the dead innocents and the victims.

In the 30s, the devil Hitler went on an overdrive of re-arming its military massively and secretly against its avowed treaty. Many in the world was unaware, but those whom were aware accepted his lies that they were purely for defense, nothing more. The world was tired of the devastation caused by WW1, and just like today, NONE wanted a war.

But by 1939, the forces of evil were unleashed, and created hell upon an unsuspecting world by the DarkFiends Nazi Germany and Military Junta Japan.

In the end, a war that none wanted was what it took, of massive dimensions in blood, resources and sacrifice by humanity, to defeat the forces of evil, when if only they had been more vigilant earlier, and taken Hitler into account in the early 30s, there would not have been much blood shed.

Today, history repeats itself with new actors in this same play. Mankind has not cross the Rubicon yet, and the infidel ayatollohs can be brought to heel, by both internal and external pressures, so that lives can be spared. We must not let the mistake of the past repeat itself today.

None one wants war, but if that's what it takes, no human will shirk from it, as our ancestors had not shirk, when evil almost triumph humanity in the 40s. It is still not too late today to hold the ayatollohs accountable. There is time...but not much...




Iran has never started a military conflict in 100 years. This is zionist propaganda.
edit on 3-4-2012 by TsafirKamel because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I can't post new threads because I don't have 20 post yet but want to share this regarding Iran-

www.brookings.edu...

If anyone remembers the year 2000 Rebuilding America's Defense's document and the policy requiring a 'New Pearl Harbour' then I advise also reading the above document, from another Zionist funded 'think tank' on American foreign policy. It is from 2009 and is quite revealing.

Type 'absent' into the document and quite shockingly, numerous quotes come up outlining the very same scenario.


Absent some dramatic
Iranian provocation, it seems very unlikely that
those same countries (Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, and
Britain, in particular) would allow the United States
to use those same facilities for an invasion of Iran,
potentially further lengthening the time required
for the invasion itself.



critical challenge for this policy option is that,
absent a clear Iranian act of aggression, American
airstrikes against Iran would be unpopular in the
region and throughout the world.


This is all in the document, type in Israel, and you get the outline for what is in the news right now- that Israel is most likely going to attack Iran's nuclear facilities- this will initiate a response from Iran- it is complete madness.

As we know from the year 2000 document, also produced by a Zionst think tank, they mentioned an 'event' that would justify a response (Iraq and Afghan wars), and the same people making up these policies have another agenda.

What they will do remains unknown, but you can bet something is being planned or already has been. I don't think at this stage Iran can be avoided. This has been planned for a long time, and these think tank documents are very revealing of American foreign policy, and often prove reliable in terms of the agenda being played out.

They are funded by Zionists, and they highlight which countries America is going to target.

The fact that it highlights Israel bombing Iran's nuclear facilities back in 2009 and this is being portrayed as something Israel wants to do before the summer, the consequences of an Iranian response are frightening.

The documents also highlight the incredible hypocrisy of the Americans. On the one hand, they say Israel could bomb the nuclear facilities and Iran will not launch a full scale retaliation because Iran fears being wiped out/invaded by the Americans.

Yet at the same time, despite using the argument Iran will do its best to avoid confrontation with America because they know they don't have a chance, America is 100% intent on pursuing confrontation with Iran based on the claims that Iran is a threat! Surely, they can only have it one way or another- but seemingly can apply an argument to when it suits them.

The document also refers to Israel being close allies to America, and suggests that Iran may respond to an Israel strike by attacking American or her allies interests.

Given the similarity to the Rebuilding America's Defenses and how these people like to let you know who is running the show and calling the shots (as they referred to a new Pearl Harbour being needed back in 2000) the worry now is that they are going to stage a massive false flag operation to draw countries into war, which ultimately will be serving both American and Israel policy for the region- complete control.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: wrong link



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   



Stop what? Stop Iran from getting a nuke? Even if Iran created a fully operational nuclear weapon.. and has the ability to send it to Europe... The Nato air defense would blow it up in the sky, but it would never get that far.. Iran would not risk using a nuclear bomb on another nation. For one it would be so blatantly against Islam to kill that many innocent civilians in an unprovoked manner. Iran would not use a bomb on a nation that wasn't invading or bombing Iran.

And 2.. even if it did come to war Iran would not use a nuclear bomb because they could send out 1 or 2 bombs that would fail, yet they would have hundreds of nukes coming at them. They aren't that stupid.


Please see my above post, completely agree with you.

The mainstream media is currently putting across the very idea that Israel could attack Iran's nuclear facilities and get away with it lightly because Iran would fear response from America if they attacked Israel on a large scale.

So they are admitting Iran would seek to avoid confrontation with America, even to the extent Israel could bomb their facilities and Iran would not respond harshly, yet they pursue this confrontation with Iran under the pretence that Iran is threat to America and the world etc.

Complete hypocrisy.

It will take a lot to get Iran to actually retaliate on a large scale because they know as you say, they don't have a chance vs the US military.

I fear they will use a false flag- claiming it is Iran's response to Israel's attack on their nuclear facilities.

America is trying to urge Israel not to attack and let the sanctions take hold, but I'm thinking this is th way it will happen.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join