It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Weird Scientology Stuff in my Town

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I looked into Scientology myself after I read Dianetics.

My first and last session at the "Church", I realized that the methods they were using was actually hypnosis!(Repeating the same crap over and over again, till you believed it... kinda like the bible....:lol

Never went back...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I am doing the same thing you are, only differently. Any questions?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
About two years ago, a Scientology storefront opened in a very busy part of town here. Sometimes we would see a lone girl at a sparse counter with pamphlets as we'd walk by. However, she was always alone and we never saw anyone go in. Eventually, even she wasn't there anymore. Then, the Scientology storefront closed down from a complete lack of interest. Now, my favorite local Indian restaurant has taken up the space after a fire took down their old restaurant two doors down. This is a much better use of the building, in my opinion.

The moral of the story: If enough people ignore Scientology and its weirdness, then it will eventually go away.

edit on 31-3-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

That's true, it is the same different.

I just wonder what you mean by "a proper Buddhist." Do you know what a "proper" Buddhist does? And furthermore, what bearing does your idea of a "proper" Buddhist have on this topic?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Hahahaha! Well said! It's true, yet on the scale needed to dismantle Scientology completely, the numbers just aren't there.

As long as exclusivity, promise of a "perfect life," power over others, and being "inside" on the secrets remains as a part of the "package"... I think no matter how outlandish the doctrine, people will sadly continue to go, and pay. It's as is if the high price is what's so attractive to some: "Well they wouldn't dare charge such a price for nonsense!"

Oh, but they do. And when you get tired of being hypnotized and forking over your life, they may actually take your life ultimately and finally.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I was just trying to point out the inefficacy of labeling , I am sure that a proper buddhist doesn't know what he does. You could ask one, but I think they are rather elusive and if you were to get an answer you might not be satisfied with it. You seemed to be expressing consterrnation that the door was never open, I was simply telling you to open it

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

And great signature, Thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

*Bows*

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It's locked to keep people from escaping. lol

seriously though....I'm only 50% joking.

Anything based around that much control is never a good thing.

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join