It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoodie-Wearing Gunmen Kill 1, Wound 5 in Bobby Rush's Chicago District

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I can care less about what the good congressman decides to wear. It should be common knowledge that those attempting to commit a crime like a robbery, burglary, or even a murder often wear hoodies because it helps to conceal their appearance. Race has nothing to do with it or is it a matter of stereo-typing. Kind of hard to identify someone with a large hood over their head?

Congressman Rush's district is like Bosnia, and if you have no business there it is best to stay away. In other words, it ia high crime area and riddled with gangs. Anyone from Chicago or the outlying areas will know what I am talking about. Instead of making over zealous statements on the floor of Congress? Perhaps, he could draft legislation to bring jobs and prosperity back to the Southside of Chicago? Perhaps, over time hoodies will be worn by those going for a jog or to keep warm during brisk fall months?

I am not surprised by the crime in Congressman Rush's district, and I will say his previous antic in Congress is just plain typical political grandstanding. When Congress is in session a suit should be worn. He is making a mockery out of the legislature and his constituents. Furthermore, he was negating from his duties as a Congressman which is voting for and creating legislation that would bring wealth and prosperity back to his beleaguered district. Just my humble opinion.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
hoodie is the new trench coat

Hoodie shmoodie.
I fear the Snuggie thug.
You know how many guns you can hide under a Snuggie?!!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Hoodie-Wearing Gunmen Kill 1, Wound 5 in Bobby Rush's Chicago District

Yeah, that's actually pretty normal for a Thursday night in Chicago.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Lol this War on Hoodies has gotta be a joke... im wearing a hoodie right now, its better than turning on the heat. its funny a hoodie doesnt even conceal your identity, you still need to wear a mask. they might as well outlaw ski masks and halloween masks.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
BAN HOODIES! Evil people wear hoodies! Ban them Obama now!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

No I don't think he rushed to judgment by wearing a hoodie that was his use of free expression. Robbers have always used hoods,caps, and ski masks to do their deeds. So the idea that this man who used a hoodie to do his wrongdoing have no reflection on the politician's stance whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You miss the point. The point isnt that all hoodie-wearers arent criminals. The point is that wearing a hoodie does not make one a criminal.

Kind of like: because some cops act unlawfully, does not make all cops thugs. Surely YOU of all people can understand that.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
pains me to see all this crap being posted. just keep fanning the flames people. regardless of which "side" you are on, you are helping to play the public by posting links to these media pigs who are reaping all the benefits of advertising $$$.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ridiculous.

Hoodies have been around for a long time. I wore them as teenager and I still wear them.

Clothes don't commit crimes, the idiots wearing them do.

Why wasn't Bernie Madoff described as a Armani wearing thief?

Hell, since Ted Kaczynski had a composite drawn of him wearing a hoodie, all people who wear them must be terrorists. See how ridiculous that is?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm wearing a hoodie now, and have no criminal record. If I keep wearing it will i turn bad?!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

so what's the big deal?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

so what's the big deal?

You lie!!!

That's a Biblical Snuggie.

Jesus was a Snuggie Thug.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Very true, its just a piece of clothing that has been around for a couple of decades. The thing is some people wear it well while some can probably give you a heart attack should you come face to face with one in a deserted street corner or alley. Like I said its only just a piece of clothing. Eyes of the beholder determines everything.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Wtf is the deal with hoodies?

It's a completely common piece of clothing that apparently is now being turned into something only criminals wear?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Wtf is the deal with hoodies?

It's a completely common piece of clothing that apparently is now being turned into something only criminals wear?

It's a joke. At Trayvon's expense.

He brought an uppity attitude to a gun fight.

He was going to beat the crap out of a short chubby community watchman, but he found out the hard way that you should never under estimate your opponent. Oh well. Tough luck.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I don't like wearing hoodie's myself, feels like it's choking me. Plus I worry about that stupid hood catching on some thing and getting me killed. Ever seen the show 1000 ways to Die?

Always...every single time.... People focus on the wrong point in this country. Always one extreme to the other with no common sense in between.
I can't believe they're trying to divide an entire country for an election. Shameful.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Doesn't rush represent a majority black district?Seems the odds of being assaulted/shot are higher in black areas?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. A man wearing a hoodie and carrying a gun commits a robbery and we want to ban the hoodie? I'm also going to guess that this man was wearing shoes and while I don't have the facts to support my theory I will guess that 99.9999999 percent of robbers also wear shoes. Do we ban shoes? Think about it for a minute. It will be much harder to run away if everyone is in their bare feet. And maybe he will step on a tac and drop the gun. Sounds like a solid idea to me.
edit on 31-3-2012 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2012 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I can care less about what the good congressman decides to wear. It should be common knowledge that those attempting to commit a crime like a robbery, burglary, or even a murder often wear hoodies because it helps to conceal their appearance. Race has nothing to do with it or is it a matter of stereo-typing. Kind of hard to identify someone with a large hood over their head?

Maybe pass along this valuable info to these guys ,eh? now.msn.com... You know up here in the PNW you would be scared all winter as the "thugs" come out. Perhaps even wearing one of the hoodies I posted ZOMG!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull

Originally posted by Jakes51

Maybe pass along this valuable info to these guys ,eh? now.msn.com... You know up here in the PNW you would be scared all winter as the "thugs" come out. Perhaps even wearing one of the hoodies I posted ZOMG!!!!

Well we may as well have a look:

Until the death of Trayvon Martin, the hoodie was best known as the wardrobe choice of unshowered college kids, an in-disguise E.T. and Bill Belichick -- now, it's a co-star in the coverage surrounding the case, especially since the fashion-forward NRA has gotten involved. Their official Made-in-the-USA Concealed Carry Hooded Sweatshirt has been designed to include a pair of internal gun pockets. According to their online store, it "gives you an extra tactical edge because its unstructured, casual design appears incapable of concealing a heavy firearm -- but it does so with ease!" That sounds less like a selling point and more like a threat, so we'll just back away slowly without making any sudden movements.
Paging Geraldo: NRA selling concealed-carry hoodies

A bit provoking I would say !!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join