It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you an idiot for owning guns? Help me out here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Alright, for the preparation of a downfall of society, martial law, NWO, solar flares knocking out the power, whatever, I've decided to purchase my first gun.

Of course, every conspiracy theory relating to an apocalyptic mindset (and martial law) says that you shouldn't buy guns and have them registered in your own name, because those who have registered guns are the first that the government is going to target when they start knocking people off.

However, if I own an illegal gun, I'd always be afraid to use it, no matter what... and let's say that someone breaks into my home and tries to hurt a loved one. That's not an apocalyptic situation of course, and if I use an illegal gun to scare or kill them, I'll get arrested too.

I'm sure I'm not the only prepper who has this issue.

What should I do? Registered gun or nameless gun? Which is the better option?

In most states pistols have to be registered. If you're worried about it just buy a shot gun for home defense. If you buy a shottie from a friend or other individual there is no record of that sale; it isn't uploaded into a database like a pistol. You can't beat a shot gun for home defense.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Where do you live? check the laws. In my great state of Florida there is no register for firearms beyond the serial number when you buy the gun, thats it.

Second- NEVER buy an illegal firearm. The risk is too great. The gun may have a body tracked to it, or even your salesmen may be law enforcement, never buy a hot gun 'nuff said.

Third- ITS NEVER DUMB TO BUY A GUN, its the USER of a gun whose dumb, practice gun safety! go to the range and learn to shoot, never draw unless you intend to fire, and never go looking for trouble! As Musashi Myamoto said in Five Rings- " For Defense of a position, the gun is king, to prevent an enemy from getting close, the gun is supreme. It is only when ranks clash that the gun is useless."

Fourth- BURY TUBES its the best last line of defense to hide guns, they cost 40-80 dollars on cheaper than dirt.com, buy a sealed oil bag bury the gun, and pray they don't find it.

Bon Chance' and Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's been extremely helpful

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

ITS NEVER DUMB TO BUY A GUN, its the USER of a gun whose dumb

Best line ever!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Is anyone an idiot for owning a gun, or guns?

I'd say no. Are some of them idiots in general? Surely. But not because they own a gun...

If you're buying one, do it legally. It can always "disappear" at a later date...on the way to a target range...or something of the sort.

Then make sure you learn to use it safely. Gun safety courses through the NRA, or the local PD are your best bet. Usually cheap, or even free.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The top priority of appropriate armaments should be to safeguard the nation from unjust rule or to fend off an invasion. In the first scenario, if you break out your illegally owned anit-material rifle I dont think the authorities will mind it too much as long as you are chipping in with homeland defense.

In the second scenario, well lets just say I dont think the Lybians were too concerned with the legality of the arms they clutched.

If I had my way, a well regulated militia with real weapons (not 9mm pop guns), yes, weapons on the streets, no, at least not with a mag in the weapon.

As for you, you should be able to obtain a pistol legally where you live. A simple handgun, any really, with one spare clip should be sufficient for home defense.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

This is a very tender subject because it has been submerged in politics for the last 40 years. But I genuinely believe that our right to gun ownership has actually prevented our nation from slipping into tyranny on a number of occasions. Further, unless a weapon you possess is stolen, then I don't see it as being illegal.

This doesn't mean that the state will agree... it just means that I disagree with the state's application of laws regarding firearms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join